Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://nextdoor.com/p/Rj3C9z9FXCK5?utm_source=share&extras=NTk4NjQzMDU%3D&utm_campaign=1702372052162

Hope this plays! Have not tried to post a link from this source before. Less than a mile from here in a straight line. Diagonally across the Seward Hiway from Carrs Huffmam.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, cannot connect the dots on this video...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was going to try to embed it here for you, but the site wanted my name, rank, serial number, mother's maiden name, social security number, grandma's bloomers size, and other assorted semi-personal information.

Sorry man.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Please attend one of Slumlords classes on proper posting of links.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I aint joining anything to watch a video.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I faked my way through the BS.

That was a hell'ov a leap.

Can't find the video on any more user friendly sites but there is a written description.

It took place Nov. 19th 2023.

'slid off' and 'fell' don't match what I saw in the video very well.
That sucker looked to be making 50 or 60 and made direct straight line jump off that overpass.

Pickup plunges onto Glenn Highway after sliding off Muldoon Road bridge

Nov. 20—State transportation crews installed emergency fencing Monday after a pickup fell from the Muldoon Road overpass Sunday evening and landed upside down on the Glenn Highway.

The driver, who suffered injuries described as not life-threatening, was alone in the 2004 Ford pickup when he lost control on black ice, according to an Anchorage Police Department report provided Monday by spokeswoman Renee Oistad. Reports of the incident began coming in just after 7 p.m., police said.

The truck was northbound on the overpass when the driver hit ice, went through a guardrail and landed on the southbound lanes of the highway, according to the report.

Speed was not believed to have been a factor, police said. No other vehicles were involved, they said.

Traffic on the southbound Glenn was briefly diverted onto the Muldoon Road exit until the truck was towed.

Snow has piled up along roadways in Anchorage after a series of early season winter storms dumped just over 39 inches of total accumulation, making this the city's snowiest November since at least 1953.

The same bridge was involved in another incident last week. On Thursday, a chunk of ice or snow reported to have fallen off the Muldoon overpass penetrated the windshield of a vehicle passing below the bridge on the Glenn Highway, injuring the driver.

On Monday, after hearing reports of the pickup that plunged off the overpass, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities employees marked the area with orange fencing "to alert drivers," agency spokeswoman Shannon McCarthy said.

The Muldoon overpass sidewalk is part of the transportation department's emergency snow haul contract, McCarthy said.

Crews are working to open sidewalks on Minnesota Drive now, before moving to Fireweed Lane and then the Seward Highway between 15th and 36th avenues, she said. "Those are high priority for pedestrian traffic. We have people in the road right now."

The Muldoon section is also on the list for snow removal, McCarthy said.

"We'll continue working with that haul contractor until things are cleared up," she said.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
I faked my way through the BS.

That was a hell'ov a leap.

Can't find the video on any more user friendly sites but there is a written description.

It took place Nov. 19th 2023.

'slid off' and 'fell' don't match what I saw in the video very well.
That sucker looked to be making 50 or 60 and made direct straight line jump off that overpass.

Pickup plunges onto Glenn Highway after sliding off Muldoon Road bridge

Nov. 20—State transportation crews installed emergency fencing Monday after a pickup fell from the Muldoon Road overpass Sunday evening and landed upside down on the Glenn Highway.

The driver, who suffered injuries described as not life-threatening, was alone in the 2004 Ford pickup when he lost control on black ice, according to an Anchorage Police Department report provided Monday by spokeswoman Renee Oistad. Reports of the incident began coming in just after 7 p.m., police said.

The truck was northbound on the overpass when the driver hit ice, went through a guardrail and landed on the southbound lanes of the highway, according to the report.

Speed was not believed to have been a factor, police said. No other vehicles were involved, they said.

Traffic on the southbound Glenn was briefly diverted onto the Muldoon Road exit until the truck was towed.

Snow has piled up along roadways in Anchorage after a series of early season winter storms dumped just over 39 inches of total accumulation, making this the city's snowiest November since at least 1953.

The same bridge was involved in another incident last week. On Thursday, a chunk of ice or snow reported to have fallen off the Muldoon overpass penetrated the windshield of a vehicle passing below the bridge on the Glenn Highway, injuring the driver.

On Monday, after hearing reports of the pickup that plunged off the overpass, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities employees marked the area with orange fencing "to alert drivers," agency spokeswoman Shannon McCarthy said.

The Muldoon overpass sidewalk is part of the transportation department's emergency snow haul contract, McCarthy said.

Crews are working to open sidewalks on Minnesota Drive now, before moving to Fireweed Lane and then the Seward Highway between 15th and 36th avenues, she said. "Those are high priority for pedestrian traffic. We have people in the road right now."

The Muldoon section is also on the list for snow removal, McCarthy said.

"We'll continue working with that haul contractor until things are cleared up," she said.
I appreciate the effort, but it happened last night and I could hear sirens from here. Also, the truck arrived pointing south (had been heading north) on the median.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When I go there, I can see there's a video, but it's behind a wall that I cannot get through.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I appreciate the effort, but it happened last night and I could hear sirens from here. Also, the truck arrived pointing south (had been heading north) on the median.

So that's why the description don't match the video.

That truck didn't slip and fall.

I see now the little clock on the video from the Garmin device that recorded it is reading 12/11/2023 10:10

That truck was haulin' ass and gotta lot of air, almost appears to be such a perfect launch it could've been intentional. Landed right-side up too.

I just started typing in a bogus Alaskan street address and it offered me some valid random address, but for a phone number to receive a login code cost me giving up my burner phone number.

Everything else was OK to skip...

If you can get to the login code page without giving up a phone number try 9990 for your code..

Here is a picture of the truck from the comment section of the video..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I can get in fine... it is a neighborhood page full of Karens and Kens mostly. "Nextdoor" is the title and it is nonstop chickenshit, I rarely open it anymore.

The only options to share are for the stuff I never use. Cannot find it anywhere else.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Photo looks exactly right. The Garmin was lucky to survive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the day when I was a computer pro, around the windows 98 era, I could've ripped that video and reposted anywhere I cared to in a matter of seconds.

Now I just don’t give a damn anymore..

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I still cannot find the video anywhere I can rip... but the update is an older gent fell asleep. He survived with multiple fractured vertebrae and is still in hospital.

Next-door Karens are all screaming for people to slow down. Cannot think of a better way to make old people fall asleep at the wheel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw an old lady get distracted on the interstate and hit one of those official vehicles only driveways. Her Buick was 2 feet off the ground, I had a clear view from directly behind. There was someone pulled over by the cops on the other side and she must have been staring at them. I said it's a Golden Girls/Dukes of Hazzard crossover episode.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hudge

That's the video from the OP? Good God!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes.

No joke; his license plate reads BARANI.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you very much!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

That's the video from the OP? Good God!
At one mile, give or take, I heard it clearly. Heard sirens very quickly after that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Holy schit Bat Man!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (22kHornet, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 222ND, 35 invisible), 2,814 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,651
Posts18,533,818
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.