-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any of you old farts have that “Cyclone Rake” ??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1149 moving parts, Rube Goldberg contraption. Purchased off of 3am info-mercial.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
blow the leaves into rows. Mulch with a zero turn mower.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pink plastic flamingos, white lawn gravel and pine needles, don’t fake the funk

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I bought a used echo backpack off a guy who runs a yard crew - it was his annual sell-off and replacement. It runs like a top and really huffs. Don't know that I'd buy a brand new one that's equivalent...don't use it enough.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have a small yard. I bought a Small Stihl blower about 10 years ago. I use it often and it still works as long as I want to. The only thing I have ever done is put fuel in it and keep it full all the time. If I had a bigger yard I would buy a bigger Stihl.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Any of you old farts have that “Cyclone Rake” ??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1149 moving parts, Rube Goldberg contraption. Purchased off of 3am info-mercial.

How dare you, Sir!! 🤣

In all honesty, the thing is pretty sweet. That ingersol was worked over pretty good so that went down the road the following year, but behind a JD 4100, that thing can suck up a large area of heavy leaves or mowed tall grass. But I have 7 somewhat wooded acres to deal with and unlimited dumping space before I burn it so maybe not for everyone.

And I’m still in my 40’s!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a Husqavarna, when I first got it they offered to extend the warranty to 3 years if I bought 2 cans of premix to use with it

I've had it about 7 years now. When I got it , it started on the second pull. I think it adds a pull for each year of its life because I'm up to about 7 now.

Works well and was about $200 less than the Stihl

That said I have an old Stihl hand held that I bought from a landscaper about 12 years ago, the thing had gone thru hell before I got it and I didn't treat it much better. I could pour wesson oil in the tank and the sumbitch will start on the 3rd pull

most of my leaves - and I have a lot - are just mulched by putting gator blades on my JD mower. I quit raking years ago

Last edited by KFWA; 12/12/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Stihl
Have a 30 acre property with hardwoods and pines. BR630, that thing will move a pile. Bought it used from a pawn shop two years now and nothing but fuel. Good non ethanol fuel.. There is a reason most commercial landscapers use them.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by NoPa
We have a PTO one at work run it on a 75 hp tractor dangerous you can’t run it near buildings or vehicles.People that think their backpack blower is powerful would be amazed

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought the leaf blower with cord was too much trouble on the roof, so I also got a DEWALT 20V MAX Blower, 100 CFM Airflow but it was too wimpy.

The leaf blower with a cord is left plugged in on the deck with hearing protectors draped over it.

If you hate your neighbors, use a leaf blower when they are outside. 30 years ago I was across the lake from a women, who if she saw me fishing, would fire up her leaf blower. I may have made fun of her for being in the SDS [students for a democratic society] in the 70s.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bighorn
I have the EGO leaf blower, 765 cfm model, with a 5.0Ah battery. This thing is a real beast when it comes to moving leaves, dry snow and any other debris. The battery holds a charge long enough for an hour or so of operation, not in turbo mode. In addition to leaves, in the wintertime it is a real back saver for cleaning up sidewalk, decks, and front entryway to my house, if the snow is not too wet and heavy.

After reading countless reviews, I bought one of these this Fall. It was rated #1 on every review, including Popular Mechanics.

I only have a one acre lot, but it's all oak trees, and completely fenced in, so there's nowhere for the leaves to go.

The EGO blower has a max air volume of 195 mph @full power. At full power, the battery life is only 1/2 hour, but I can move some leaves in that amount of time, then rake them onto a tarp and drag them out of the gate while it is recharging.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Biggest COMMERCIAL Stihl, RedMax, Echo backpack you can handle/afford.

In that order fio the big three.

Forget HD and Lowes.

Go to a large equipment Dealer/Service Center that carries all three and try them all on. Bring your big jacket you'll have on whole blowing.

Also check out the rolling blowers like Billy Goat if your property configuration warrants the big$$$ expenditure for time savings.
Best advice in this thread.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mower with a mulch kit installed. That would be much quicker.

Last edited by killerv; 12/12/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I thought the leaf blower with cord was too much trouble on the roof, so I also got a DEWALT 20V MAX Blower, 100 CFM Airflow but it was too wimpy.

The leaf blower with a cord is left plugged in on the deck with hearing protectors draped over it.

If you hate your neighbors, use a leaf blower when they are outside. 30 years ago I was across the lake from a women, who if she saw me fishing, would fire up her leaf blower. I may have made fun of her for being in the SDS [students for a democratic society] in the 70s.

I posted this on another forum about 5-6 years ago:

Based on my observations putting a blower in the hands of an otherwise decent person will instantly morph them in to an insufferable idiot. My God, where should I start.

Neighbor Eileen. This miserable moomoo wearing sea cow blows her sidewalks and the road in front of her house every damn day. Guess where she blows it? Right onto the road in front of the neighbor (David) across the street and onto his sidewalk. She has complained that his oak tree drops leaves all over her property. Oddly just as her crepe myrtle does over his. My prayer is that the blower never makes its way up under that moomoo.

Eileen lives on a corner. Her and two other neighbors on the corner hire out grass cutting. The schidtstains that do those three yards blow the clippings all over David's cars and lawn and even see fit to blow it all over my lawn and car. I kid you not, one day I was toweling off the last of the water from washing my truck. While I am doing this, the moron literally blows so much debris all over me and my truck that it gets into my eyes and leaves a layer all over my truck. I had something to say about that. Since then they haven't done it to me again, but they have done it to David.

David uses a blower too. He's probably the least moronic, but not without his issues. His yard is the same size as mine. It takes me 18 minutes to mow, edge and blow. David has run his blower alone for over 20 minutes. I think he fantasizes about racing 2 stroke motocross.

With all of this going on around me, if I don't cover my boat, which is under my carport, there's enough dirt in it to plant a garden.

Another neighbor hires out lawn care. His lawn guy is fast and efficient, but I swear to God, his blower sounds like a C-5 Galaxy spooling up. I can be inside with the TV on and the sound of his blower will drown out my TV. There's not a more piercingly annoying noise in the world than that, not even Hillary's voice.

My office is in a Post Office building. The lawn care professionals there blow all of their clippings onto a nearby parking lot.

The parish (what LA calls a county) has a crew that cuts the neutral ground (what LA calls a median) grass. They blow their clippings across the street and onto the lawns and sidewalks of the residents. One day the parish had the temerity to send me a notice warning me that I couldn't blow my clippings onto the road. I could be fined for that.

I guess I am the odd man out. Guess where I blow my clippings? Right back up into my lawn where the other clippings lay. Crazy concept I know.

Idiots, the lot of you.

If I ever go postal, it's not going to be in the usual way. I am going to drive around yanking blowers out of idiots hands and smashing them to smitherines.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank gawd you're retiring in a HOA protected hood.

You can be captain of the leaf blower regulations committee!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffA
Thank gawd you're retiring in a HOA protected hood.

You can be captain of the leaf blower regulations committee!
lolol

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kobalt 80v from Lowes. Great power.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
stihl BR600 backpack blower, or whatever is their new largest model, Mine will push a cinder block across the driveway

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 15 invisible), 1,643 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.