Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve been hunting Colorado since 2004 with 2 years missed due to health issues. We’ve all heard the lame-assed whining about NR / R tag issues from both sides. Somebody needs to kick the Commission squarely in their collective nuts and demand sound wildlife management and allow them to set the rules to achieve the objectives and fire those on the Commission and CPW who fail.
From what I observe, there is little accountability in Colorado, Washington, and the other communist states run by democrats. So just Embrace The Suck, boys.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mountain 10mm i agree with you 100% but some wanna put words in my mouth.
bwinters read my posts again and answer my questions, not once did I say I wanted MORE opportunitie less if anything montana needs to cut all doe and cow tags to NR and alot for residents.
Once again is selling more tags than you have animals alive sustainable.
What tags should be cut NR or Resident
Once again I dont give a chit about FG budget untill they start management which is gonna have to be people.
Here's a challenge ask any Resident of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado if the would rather just keep issuing all the NR tags so the FG budget keeps the same or cut NR tags and figure it out. I think you know the answer.
You keep talking opportunities the NR want more opportunity the NR is the one going other places thats more opportunities not the Resident who hunts one state.
I'm a NR hunter if the states I hunt decide to cut NR tags then so be it ill either go less or stay home not bitch not my sand box.

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/13/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If the success rate drops and the harvest stays essentially the same all they’re doing is generating income and crowding the woods.

Speaking to my little localized area I have almost never seen any NR outside of my camp kill an elk. Some locals we’ve come to know kill a bull fairly regularly. But outside of that I’ve seen two other NR kill a bull in over 20 years of hunting the third season in the same area. Many NR have showed up and hunted a couple days or even the whole season unsuccessfully and not returned the following year.

I’ll grant that this is a very limited scope but I know the overall success rate for OTC bull tags is low. It would be interesting to see the success rate split up by R v NR, and that info may be available I just haven’t found it. I firmly believe the old 10 percent of hunters kill 90 percent of the elk adage because that has been my experience.

From a strictly game management perspective it would be best for the animals to have more high $ tags for guys less likely to kill an animal and less cheap tags available for the local guy who knows the animals and the area. More elk survive hunting season and more money for habitat and research. Would the money get used for that, probably not since it’s a government entity.

I don’t like crowding and that would not be fair for residents. Complex problem without a simple answer.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WAM
I’ve been hunting Colorado since 2004 with 2 years missed due to health issues. We’ve all heard the lame-assed whining about NR / R tag issues from both sides. Somebody needs to kick the Commission squarely in their collective nuts and demand sound wildlife management and allow them to set the rules to achieve the objectives and fire those on the Commission and CPW who fail.
From what I observe, there is little accountability in Colorado, Washington, and the other communist states run by democrats. So just Embrace The Suck, boys.

I have hunted Colorado since 1974. That is 49 years, Missing one elk season. Changing the CPW Commission is not going to happen. The chances of Colorado ever having a conservative Republican governor is slim to none and slim already saddled up and left.

Those democratic liberal governors will still be appointing CPW commissioners that follow the governor's agenda and we all know what that is. Then the democratic liberal majority legislators will pass any agenda the same governor has. Almost all of them are California transplants including the governor.
Get on the CPW web site and read the bios of all the commissioners. Sad to say, but right now and the foreseeable future, there is no way to do the kicking.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/13/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you think it sucks now, wait till the wolves run rampant.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
If you think it sucks now, wait till the wolves run rampant.
Its not gonna be good.
There trapping wolves in Oregon starting tomorrow and I will just about bet Colorado is gonna be getting there problem wolves, what I dont understand is why hasn't RMEF, MD foundation etc not sued Colorado to stop this.
Montana is constantly barraged from lawsuits from the wolf, g- bear wolverine lovers just like Malloy recent decision to not let trapping for wolves happen only from January 1 - Feb 15th.
Were are these groups at?
Oh and let's not forget the lovely BHA yeah right.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sherm_61
what I dont understand is why hasn't RMEF, MD foundation etc not sued Colorado to stop this.
Montana is constantly barraged from lawsuits from the wolf, g- bear wolverine lovers just like Malloy recent decision to not let trapping for wolves happen only from January 1 - Feb 15th.
Were are these groups at?

I've gotten flamed for speaking against RMEF before and I'm sure here it comes again. They seem more concerned about buying 20 acres somewhere and writing about in their glossy magazine than protesting stuff that actually matters. I'm willing to bet, a lot of their donors are liberal, in line with flyfishermen and social sporting clay shooters that really aren't gun people or hunters as most of us would define them. And as such, they have to take a gentle approach to their activism. Just my opinion, and I have nothing against RMEF, I was a member before and wasn't impressed.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Cattlemans Assoc.Of Colorado has filed suit against U.S.F&W and CPW alleging they did not do required Environmental Impact study correctly.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Cattlemans Assoc.Of Colorado has filed suit against U.S.F&W and CPW alleging they did not do required Environmental Impact study correctly.
Good, ive been a RMEF member years i knew Charlie Decker when he started the RMEF but I'm done untill they start taking on stuff like whats going on in Colorado, all you BHA members should be to and letting them know why.
Flame me if you want, don't care anymore.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What is B.S with Oregon is theres not enough to take off the endangered list there but there is enough to give Colorado, that alone could be a way to stop Oregon

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
All of it is corrupt, and wolves are a done deal. Even though they destroyed three state's ecosystems when introduced in Yellowstone, it's coming here, and in less than two decades the largest elk herd in the world, won't be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All you guys are funny to think there is any “group” that can “take this on” in liberal states. They do it through ballot initiatives. They get enough democrats to sign the petition to get the “introduce wolves” on the ballet, then the democrats vote it into law protected by the Colorado constitution that was written by Republicans not that long ago. If the propositions fail then the liberal Colorado government pushes through with executive privilege. Colorado is lost politically.

If the wolves take off in Colorado, it will be nobody’s fault but the spineless Colorado residents..

Todd

Last edited by Justahunter; 12/13/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It can be done if enough groups stick together and do it, the libtards have done it many times in montana over the wolves and g-bears doesn't matter about the state gotta find a fed judge to rule an injunction.
When the government delisted the wolves the first time the wolf lovers sued and got them back on the list.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Justahunter
If the wolves take off in Colorado, it will be nobody’s fault but the spineless Colorado residents..

Todd

THIS ^^^

Probably the same ones who whine about NR licenses.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Justahunter

Todd

THIS ^^^

Probably the same ones who whine about NR licenses.

That is a direct insult to the slim minority that voted against the wold,introduction. It is not the spineless Coloradoans.

It was a very close vote. HOWEVER, and a point that many can't seem to grasp is, the population of Denver, Boulder, Ft Collins is greater than the rest of the state's population.Those cities are now filled with liberal anti-gun, anti-voters hunting transplant voters. The push for the wolf introduction, ban on trapping, spring bear hunting ban and now ban on mt lion/cat hunting is paid for by out of state funds.

Couple that with those same voters voting legislators and governors into office with same agenda.Then that governor has the ability to appoint all CPW commissioners that are of the same ilk. In the end,those commissioners set the regulations

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/15/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s meant to be an insult…

I’ll say it again in case there there is a coward that didn’t quite understand…

If wolves take off in Colorado, it will be nobody’s fault but the spineless Colorado residents.

Todd

Last edited by Justahunter; 12/15/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Up yours Justa

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Up yours Justa

Damn that's the Christmas Spirit smile Merry Christmas--Fred

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys do know I’m a Colorado resident? I also live close to an established pack of breeding Colorado wolves? They’ll never get fully established around here.

Todd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because you don't live quite close enough?......

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.