-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
In what states are these tags transferable to others, including non-residents.

Question includes tags for ranchers where elk are eating their hay.

Last edited by Farmboy1; 12/12/23.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Colorado is one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In Nevada, the rancher is allotted the tags to sell to whom he pleases...usually to a guide, who in turn sells the tag and hunt as a package to his clients.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
New Mexico

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Utah as well. My brother-in-law gets 10 mitigation tags every year for the elk raiding his hay fields in Ibapah.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by smokepole
Colorado is one.

I think Colorado requires the tags be transferred directly from the Landowner to the Recipient, to prevent auction sales of a public resource. But in reality, Guides and Outfitters will act as brokers between the two parties in under-the-table deals.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I took an antelope in CO on a landowner tag, the outfitter worked with landowners and the tags came from the land owner to the hunter through the outfitter.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wyoming is now issuing depredation landowner permits.

It's under the radar right now but is happening.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Several years ago PA started to issue depredation permits to land owners that may b issued to hunters.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The one and only landowner tag that I received was for deer, and that was several years ago. But it wasn't a license. It was a paper that allowed me to go the the D.O.W. office and buy a license in the farmer's unit, which was sold out.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Wyoming landowners can not transfer their permits.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
R
We get landowner tags for elk in New Mexico and sell them, same as antelope. Our Colorado deer tags are similar.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pretty sure the Wyoming auxiliary hunts are for specific ranches or areas, and not issued to the LO but to hunters on the Aux. hunt list.
Happens every year is certain areas. WG&F calls the hunters when an issue comes up and they must claim the licenses then or the next person on the list gets called.
And yes, LOs in Wyoming can not transfer their tags.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wytex
Pretty sure the Wyoming auxiliary hunts are for specific ranches or areas, and not issued to the LO but to hunters on the Aux. hunt list.
Happens every year is certain areas. WG&F calls the hunters when an issue comes up and they must claim the licenses then or the next person on the list gets called.
And yes, LOs in Wyoming can not transfer their tags.

Wrong.

There is a mountain of bullshit going on with the issuing of auxiliary tags. The tags are being transferred and sold by landowners.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
^^^ Interesting, hadn't heard that.
Looks like a way to get a hunt in then.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dawgin'it
Utah as well. My brother-in-law gets 10 mitigation tags every year for the elk raiding his hay fields in Ibapah.

I've had a couple hunts from Ranchers/Landowners tags too. In fact, anymore, I have found it more satisfying to use these hunts. I'm older, need the help anyway, have not carried a heavy pack since my Army days! ha. Plus, they can put you on the game, you still have to be able to shoot, but there is not a hundred people all around you in Blaze Orange when you do!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 01/06/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho's apparently more stingy with LO tags than other states appear to be. They're only available when the owner has at least 650 acres within a controlled hunt area. There are some other stipulations on land ownership, too. The owner can then apply for a designated LO tag for that hunt. At the time of application for the tag, the LO can designate who the tag will go to if drawn but once it's drawn, it can't be changed.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 3,161 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,244
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.