Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Met my late wife on a blind date. My USMCR Plt. Sgt. worked with her and we double dates with him and his wife one evening. Spring 1978.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 12/14/23.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was stationed with the USN in VA and used to buy a copy of the Double Gun Journal every once in awhile because I owned a double rifle. Only place to get them was Barnes & Noble. I grabbed one off the magazine rack and was headed to the cashier via the medical books section and this really cute blonde was in there looking at a book. I stopped to chat because she was really cute and I was wearing my Chief's uniform. We have been together since then.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Meet me wife of 25 years at a nude beach. Asked her out, has been the best 25 years of my 60 year life.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Met my sweet wife at an evangelism conference 40 wonderful years ago.

Never was a butt man. However, that is the first thing I took note of when I saw her from across the room. I still enjoy it every day.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1st was the daughter of a family friend. I thought that I knew her, but I didn't have a clue what I was getting into.

2nd was during grad school. She's MENSA and eats lesser beings, so a lot of guys and gals were intimidated by her. I realized early on that she is an idea person who needs someone to take care of the details so that she could shine.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
OF all places, McDonalds...she was there with 2 friends....I married her. My friend married 1 of the other 2...the third went batsh**crazy. That was June 6,1968 and we are still married. His wife was cheating on him in 2 months ...they were divorced quickly. It will be 53 years in March.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Met my sweet wife at an evangelism meeting 40 wonderful years ago.

Never was a butt man. However, that is the first thing I took note of when I saw her from across the room. I still enjoy it every day.

I am definitely a butt man.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
NYE party at a club.
Each of us singled the other out before meeting, out of a ton of people.
Strange.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Me and a buddy went into Chilkoot Charlies in Anchorage about 1700 one afternoon and there she was on a bar stool talking with her sister. She fit that stool perfectly and looked great. I was just out of a four year stint with the U.S. Navy and three West Pac deployments and Viet Nam was winding down.

Turns out she was a close cousin to my buddy. After he threatened my life he reluctantly introduced us. She is 1/4 Yupik Eskimo and German, Russian and French and had blonde hair and was raised in Tanana for a few years, a Yukon River village.

Next year we celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and I thank God for her every day. She loves fishing and all things outdoors and is my favorite hunting, fishing, ATV, camping, etc. buddy, but she has no interest in shooting any thing and usually sheds a tear after the shot. Then she pulls her favorite knives out and starts skinning. We have many great memories in God's Creation. I just have to make sure she gets plenty of time picking blue berries and cranberries.

She is a gun thief and claimed the little Mod. 94 Win. in .44 mag. I bought 30 years ago. Then three years ago she claimed the Mod. 94 Big Bore .356 Win. I brought home. She also made a nifty scabbard for it from a very big river otter hide. Shes a talented skin sewer.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
At work. She was coming in for a job interview while I was heading to the pisser. Our eyes locked, we both smiled.

I thought about going to HR to tell them not to hire her so I could ask her out. Didn’t and kept it professional. 3 years later she resigned for personal reasons, and was fair game.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We met at the time clock on her 1st day at work at a dept store while I was in college.
I thought she was the prettiest thing I laid eyes on.
I had went out with every other girl that worked there, they were all nice, but no real sparks.
And I had recently broken up with a girl I had dated for 1.5 years.

We began to flirt immediately. It was love, or something like it, at first sight.
I wanted to ask her out for the coming weekend but I had national guard drill that weekend.
The next thing I know, she asked me out.
I told I couldn't this weekend because I had Guard drill.
She looked shocked, hurt, and bewildered.
And I said, really I do, I'll be out of town, but we can go out on Tuesday when I get back.
That was late December. In March we were engaged. We were married in July.

After we were married, she said that she had never asked anyone out before.
I asked her why she asked me out.
She said that God told her "Be nice to him, that's your husband." and that God prompted her to ask me out right then.
When I said I couldn't, she was shocked and thought "what the heck was that all about?"
But, then she realized I wanted to go out too. It should have been obvious anyway.

I told her that if she would have told me all that shortly after we started dating, I would have ran from her like a scalded ape.

We are about to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our 1st date. 39.5 years of marriage.
We are still madly in love.
We still act like we're 20 yrs old.
We text each other some romantic things, some very naughty things throughout the day.
Being a pastor, my congregation would be shocked at those conversations if they read them.... maybe not, though, they see how we cling to each other even at 60 years old.
The fire is still hot. She is the love of my life.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had known one of my wife's cousins all my life. She was playing matchmaker. I was taking up money at the gate of a high school basketball game. Her dad coached the girls team. I recognized her when she came into the game. After the girl's game ended her dad formally introduced us. I gave her a ride home after the game that Friday night. 1st real date was Saturday. We were both 25; been married 40 years now.

I had actually seen her a week earlier. She had a younger brother that played basketball at a local college; where I had graduated. I was at the game when she came in and sat on the opposite side of the gym. From across the gym I wasn't terribly impressed and didn't make a move to introduce myself. Changed my mind when I got a closer look.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Freshman year of college. She raped me one night in her dorm room. She's great.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
She stalked me down on eHarmony.

Funny. Met my wife on eHarmony. No stalking.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Walking the beagle

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Met her in church in Fairbanks in 68, I was 12 and she was about to turn 15. Her family had just moved there and we were just visiting. My family moved to the Anchorage area in 71 and we met again in church summer camp. In 74 I told her I was going to marry her, after I got out of the Army in 78 I finally got her to agree. Been married 45 years

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Basic training. Met at a service club on the first base pass. It will never last we were told. She was then stationed in Wyoming and I was in Colorado. Married during my tech school but it was six months after marriage that we finally got stationed together. Never had a doubt then, or later, and coming up on fifty three years and still blessed.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
At work. Saw her in a sales meeting and stalked her. A few weeks later got opportunity to work in her area and made my move.

Met her 10/21/98 married 05/24/99 have 5 AMAZING kids, an awesome son in law, & one UNBELIEVABLE grandson.

Best move ever. Fer real. Can’t imagine what I’d be without my wife.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Was wondering this tonight as I never meet mine yet and I’m 64 yo. Had a few prospects but no gold!

FED.

Met her in kindergarten 70 years ago. She wore glasses, red hair and freckles. Never dated till New Years eve 1969, married 1 year 17 days later. The lord also prompted me to ask her. 54 years coming up. I'm
a lucky guy.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.