Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Lost the big toe on my left foor last week due to a staph and bacterial infection that got into the bone.
Not a lot of fun............
Any tips or issues?
Get stiches out in the morning.
Blisters and ingrown nails are NOT something to ignore.
X

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds pretty nasty, diabetes would likely make that alot worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cut my left thumb off 17 years ago. It took a little while but the body adapts. I realize it’s not a toe but your body will work it out.

I struggle shuffling cards.

Black Cows Matter!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I knew a guy who lost one of his toes in a minie bike accident when he was a teenager. He told me it took him a little while to get used to it not being there. Kind of hard to explain he said, something about balance, or something like that

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost lost one, luckily I called a toe truck.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Lost mine just about two years ago. It aint that bad. Just wear sturdy boots or shoes and you won't have much of a problem.

Unless everything goes to hell like mine did and they chop off the whole foot.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Diabetes started on a co-workers toes and worked its way up. He passed a few years ago. 64 years old.

Another co-worker now in same predicament. Started with toes around 5 years ago. Likely a foot soon and both kidneys are shot. 63 years old.

Fellow who passed took reasonably good care of himself. Other guys diet was poor for a diabetic. Both remained on 21 turn shift work for far too long. Terrible schedule, especially with so much overtime demand.

Don’t know your health issues (other than being minus a toe) but would strongly recommended good diet, rest and following doctors advise. Pay attention to healing process and subsequent scar tissue. Don’t overdue it during or after recovery. My take from watching co-worker currently is such poor shape. Hope your recovery goes well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear that but...............
So that little piggy is not going to market anymore? What did you do with it? Did they let you keep it?

Last edited by AZmark; 12/14/23.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If not already, your running days will be over.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry about you toe
I have a chronic ingrown toenail on my big toe. I have had major infections and even had a doctor leave part of it in the toe. I told him he didn’t have it all. A few days later I dug that
extra large piece out.
I think about losing my toe every time I dig one out.
A friend had a girlfriend cut his ingrown toenail out with a dirty tool. He was in the hospital for a couple weeks and came close to amputation.
I am considering having the toenail completely removed.
I dont think it something to mess with even though I have had them since I was 12 years old and pushing 54. I have to remove 4-6 a year, its past getting old.

Last edited by 338reddog; 12/14/23.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 338reddog
Sorry about you toe
I have a chronic ingrown toenail on my big toe. I have had major infections and even had a doctor leave part of it in the toe. I told him he didn’t have it all. A few days later I dug that
extra large piece out.
A friend had a girlfriend cut his ingrown toenail out with a dirty tool. He was in the hospital for a couple weeks and came close to amputation.
I dont think it something to mess with even though I have had them since I was 12 years old and pushing 54. I have to remove 4-6 a year, its past getting old.

I just went through the permanent removal procedure and it wasn't all that bad. It's a process with a bit of discomfort but it did not impair any day to day activities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by logger
Sorry about you toe
extra large piece out.

I just went through the permanent removal procedure and it wasn't all that bad. It's a process with a bit of discomfort but it did not impair any day to day activities.
How long since your procedure?
I was wondering if the nail bed is overly sensitive minus the nail

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by logger
Sorry about you toe
extra large piece out.

How long since your procedure?
I was wondering if the nail bed is overly sensitive minus the nail

My bud just permanently removes the part that keeps getting ingrown instead of the entire nail.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Still have all my toes, but missing the left ring finger. It was a brutal divorce. Good news is that I can flip someone off with only 2/3s the effort once required.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The middle toe on my right foot was curling down, due to arthiritis (sp) and getting infected under a callous. Dr. clipped the tendon, and it healed up. Looks like its neighbor on the right is going to have the same thing. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Tell you something gross, older buddy over mine pinky toe started turning black, he hits the bottle pretty hard and smokes. Thought it was gout. Was hurting real bad and put it in some epson salt, half the toe fell off. He finally went to hospital. Turns out he had only 40% blood flow in both legs, next thing you know he was in surgery had bypasses and stints in both legs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On the bright side you don't have to worry about an ingrown nail anymore........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Knew a guy that lost his right thumb, got it hung up in a dally. He adapted fine, wasn't much on team ropin afterwards though. Good footwear, you should be good.

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My brother amputated his own big toe with a lawnmower when he was a teenager.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

X
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
No nail bed anymore so should get a discount at the nail salon!!!!!!!
Yes I am past the running but lead a very active lifestyle so just dont want them cutting anymore off.
Thanks
And yes I forgot to call the toe truck. Ha Ha
X

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,948
Posts18,499,003
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.