A chilly but busy day. I shot four different powders and got to try my new Garmin at the same time. Five button presses and shoot. The first, to power the unit on, and four more to set up the chrono. 10 seconds and you're good to go. This screen is what you see before the first shot. The next pic is the unit beside my front rest. No magic. Just shoot.

Using the Shotview app, the shots record on the Garmin and your phone.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is what you see on your phone using the Shotview app, which is part of the Garmin experience. Each powder is saved as a separate range session and titled. I still wrote down the avg velocities, but using the app, there's no need.

The top two powders of the four tested were Varget (naturally) and AA 2495. The smallest group was shot with my single shot Contender. The larger .79 inch group was the Rem 700 "tactical", which actually isn't tactical. laugh Ah, marketing! Was the fifth shot pushed? I'll reshoot. It appears theese bullets like 2700 to 2750 fps. Regardless, both rifles like Varget. Here's the 66 gr. Varmint Match made with J4 jackets.

The target below was shot last month with 65 grain RN bullets whose jackets were made using spent rimfire cases. It likes Varget as well. With this target, the roles were reversed. The Remington grouped the smallest. The Contender was no slouch however.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada