-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Deer season's winding down. Still have late flintlock season left. But, I'm a turkey hunter heart & soul. Be hunting them in Campeche, Mexico in under 90 days !!!!

For about 7 years now, a buddy and I have been designing and producing carry solutions for just about any type of turkey call. One of our call holster customers reached out to me a couple months ago wondering if I could design him something a little different...... He wanted a small satchel to safely carry a pair of Glencairn whiskey glasses and a pair of 50ml "airplane bottles" of Wild Turkey bourbon. Being a bourbon guy myself, I agreed to come up with a carry solution for his need. Here is where I ended up. It carries 2 Glencairn glasses and 4 50ml bottles of Wild Turkey.......shoulder OR belt. (It's stamped with a strutting tom, like all our turkey call holster designs)

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

So, I showed this to another bourbon guy. He wanted to know if I could make a similar satchel........but for 3X 750ml "fifths". Why not ?? So, back to the design board. A little more thought involved as "fifth" bottles of bourbon come in so many different shapes and sizes. Here's where I ended up on this one. Carries 3X 750ml "fifths" OR 1X 750ml and 1X 1.75L "handle" bottle. (Not stamped with our strutting tom as the customer has Lexington heritage and wants to put an engraved, brass bridle plate in its place)

Gotta have something to keep me off the street and outta trouble til spring !!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful leather creations!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Nice. Now that’s a murse worth carrying.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Beautiful leather creations!

Thank you, sir !!

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Nice. Now that’s a murse worth carrying.

Man-buns need not apply.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since it didn’t become gun leather or a saddle…seems like a damn fine use of it. A satchel full of “Who Hit John” ain’t a bad idea. Curious what ya charge for said satchel. Nice work. 😎

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Since it didn’t become gun leather or a saddle…seems like a damn fine use of it. A satchel full of “Who Hit John” ain’t a bad idea. Curious what ya charge for said satchel. Nice work. 😎

I think the hides we use come from Kentucky cattle. And this is ALL they ever wanted to be. grin

Smaller satchel fetches $125, at the moment. Bigger one $250.

Thanks for the compliment, sir !!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful leather work, Yoder409.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude

I think the hides we use come from Kentucky cattle. And this is ALL they ever wanted to be. grin

Smaller satchel fetches $125, at the moment. Bigger one $250.

Thanks for the compliment, sir !!
LOL
Nice work!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Slick!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

Haha. Made me think of

😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Pretty cool! Who'd a thought a turkey call business would get whiskey customers. Tho I can see having a nip in the turkey blind. Maybe every turkey call pouch should have a whiskey pocket!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Very Nice!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like it, have carried the small airplane bottles along on a few hunts. Nice celebratory sip is always good after a filled tag, good day, or a scenic spot. Have never thought to carry glasses too.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's definitely nice work. But when you reach the point that you're carrying a satchel with two fifths of bourbon in it, it's definitely time to start thinking about rehab.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That's definitely nice work. But when you reach the point that you're carrying a satchel with two fifths of bourbon in it, it's definitely time to start thinking about rehab.

😂😂

Thanks for the kind words, sir !!

For the record......... I just MAKE 'em. 😏😁

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well designed and made, but frankly, a real man would A: not use Scotch glasses, just drink out of the bottle. B: Two sissy baby bottles are barely enough to whet your thirst. lol

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
well designed and made, but frankly, a real man would A: not use Scotch glasses, just drink out of the bottle. B: Two sissy baby bottles are barely enough to whet your thirst. lol

👍😁👍

A: The Glens in the pics are for JUST that......illustrative purposes only. I take my bourbon in a set of lowball rocks glasses I got from THE Mr. Jimmy Russell about 20 years ago.

B: FWIW.......it'll hold 4 sissy, baby bottles. 😉

Thanks for the opening compliment !!!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CRS
I like it, have carried the small airplane bottles along on a few hunts. Nice celebratory sip is always good after a filled tag, good day, or a scenic spot. Have never thought to carry glasses too.

This is EXACTLY what the gentleman's intentions were........plus the glasses.

Apparently there's some TV or YouTube turkey guru that sits with a cigar and reflects after a kill. This customer prefers a nip or two of Wild Turkey 101 instead.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 19 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.