Print Thread
Hop To
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a 4.25" Anaconda, shoots easily a foot high at 25 yards. I don't think I'll get enough adjustment out of the rear to get it down. Anyone know of a taller front sight replacement for them? Looked at Wilson Combat, who Colt directed me to, but all of their sights are direct replacements in height to the stock front.

Semper Fi
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
You will have to modify a Smith pinned sight or have one made.

Sorry, I have the first Edition ones, the new ones are definitely different frown

Last edited by HawkI; 12/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These folks make replacement green and red fiber optic front sights for the Python and Anaconda, both standard height and .025" higher. However, a quick calculation with a guesstimated sight radius shows that would only raise POI by about 3.6" at 25 yards. To raise POI a foot at 25 yards you'd need a sight about .1" higher.

https://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76

They also offer a set of patridge sights in various heights but are sold out right now.

https://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=288

This guy advertises sight sets for post-2020 "Colt Snake" revolvers and mentions a higher front and rear sight, might be worth a try to contact them to see if they'd sell a front sight only and what height it is.

https://www.harrisoncustom.com/snake-sights-for-colt-revolvers

Also, Dawson Precision makes replacement front sights in lots and lots of different heights. They show mostly sights for 1911's but might also be worth a try.

When you talk to any of the above you might ask if they know of anyone making what you're specifically looking for.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Jim. The EKW front sights look like what I need. I’d rather have a partridge style front instead of the rounded factory anyhow.

I know once I get into 300+ bullets it’s only going to get worse. These were 250 WFN with 10 grains of Unique so sorta a middle range load.

Just got in contact with EKW and got the steel Patridge set of front sights headed my way. Fast response from Eric and hopefully I can get it zeroed up shortly.

Last edited by beretzs; 12/16/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by beretzs
I have a 4.25" Anaconda, shoots easily a foot high at 25 yards. I don't think I'll get enough adjustment out of the rear to get it down. Anyone know of a taller front sight replacement for them? Looked at Wilson Combat, who Colt directed me to, but all of their sights are direct replacements in height to the stock front.

Surprised Colt is sending you to a competitor to get a correct sight for their gun!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I was too. Guess they don’t feel like they’re competition. .

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I waited a long time for them to come out with a 4.25” Anaconda and when I found one this past spring I grabbed it. And I had the same issue but mine was about 6 inches high at 25 yards. I called Colt’s customer service to see about buying a taller front site and was told they didn’t make one and I couldn’t find one either.

The service rep said if I felt there was something wrong with the gun I could return it and he sent me a shipping label. Three months later they returned it to me with a target showing holes in the bullseye. A note written on the target said it was shot at 15 yards from a rest as if that proved anything.

Also, its trigger was heavy for my liking, breaking at 5.0 lbs. And my gunsmith said that adjusting it isn’t as simple as with some other revolvers and he didn’t want to try.

I took it to the LGS and put a price on it to sell quick. Took a beating of about $300 on it but still had money left over after buying a S&W model 69 that I really like. I’m getting too old to have guns that p*** me off.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have had the same problem with other makes of 44 magnums. Seems the manufacturers make the sights for the highest velocity 240 grain bullets. When you use heavier bullets at less velocity or even at the same velocity as factory 240s they tend to shoot high. I have a super Blackhawk I had to fit a taller front sight on.

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dogdoc
I have had the same problem with other makes of 44 magnums. Seems the manufacturers make the sights for the highest velocity 240 grain bullets. When you use heavier bullets at less velocity or even at the same velocity as factory 240s they tend to shoot high. I have a super Blackhawk I had to fit a taller front sight on.

Same here. My Rugers all needed to be replaced with taller fronts as well, which they sent me free of charge.

I have a taller sight set coming from EKW, my cousin has a 6” Anaconda with the same issue, so we will get his tuned up as well.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I was actually aiming at the bottom of the big bull, it was offhand at 25 yards so it wasn’t a perfect shoot, I can tell the taller front will help a bunch. Nice shooting gun though.

Last edited by beretzs; 12/17/23.

Semper Fi

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,879
Posts18,497,751
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.