John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

At least you "get" to "Pretend"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

And you are pretending to shoot this bear? you can't make this schit up... wtf?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Window Licking CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit,are HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

Leupold 4.5-14 here. Who's the one pretending?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

No legal polar bear hunting in AK, I don't think the natives can shoot them anymore either.

Picture was likely taken on the slope, probably fughing off and shoulda been working.

Grins

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my Lab scoring better than Squirm's Guided Lady Bear. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pardon my Lab scoring better than Squirm's Guided Lady Bear. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Nobody was stopping you from showing us your bear pictures.

But we all know your best and only play was posting a dog picture to get the PETA vote.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/15/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Stick would pull out of his azz a picture of him with a dead polar bear.... I would never send another harsh word his way.... until then... smile

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnn
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

No legal polar bear hunting in AK, I don't think the natives can shoot them anymore either.

Picture was likely taken on the slope, probably fughing off and shoulda been working.

Grins

Some tribes still can, in very limited numbers. I believe it is either ANILCA or ANCSA that allows it. I can never remember which. It is with input from the Feds of course, as far as how many permits are issued.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

Grins
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Some tribes still can, in very limited numbers. I believe it is either ANILCA or ANCSA that allows it. I can never remember which. It is with input from the Feds of course, as far as how many permits are issued.

Well it's a good thing LiL Fish can still afford to "pretend" hunt bears and post the pictures for free.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/15/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Arken 4-16x here. Hint.

Grins

Probably so, ANILCA made a mess of things IMO.
A feq years back, a polar bear wandered into Fort Yukon.. Pretty emaciated if I recall, don't remember what happened.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 338reddog
Stick
They had to do the internal inspection 2x, LoL
How many times will it need to be repaired to maintain their Highest standards to last a lifetime? Performing like when it was purchased. Im not a Leupold hater just not trusting the scopes I have and there are a bunch in the safe. Mostly a mixture of Vari x and VX 1 & 2’s with some MX8’s and 3 Vx6’s (two I have bought for friends) most have went back and some are going back. Some for simply having the power rings become almost impossible to move and some will not track or hold zero. I need a
Scope for my 375 H&H No 1 and am considering a Leupold of vintage Vari x iii, mainly cause it should fit the tight ring spacing to stock length. I figure you might not like that rifle choice lol but I always wanted to play with one.
I guess profit over preformance is the way a lot of companies are competing for our $.
MerryChristmas

what is it with the power ring? I have a Leupold 1-6 where it is almost impossible to move as well. Anyone ever have to return the Athlon to the factory for a warranty repair? That would be important to me as I hunt with my grandsons now who are less than careful with things.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Stick
How many times will it need to be repaired to maintain their Highest standards to last a lifetime? Performing like when it was purchased. Im not a Leupold hater just not trusting the scopes I have and there are a bunch in the safe. Mostly a mixture of Vari x and VX 1 & 2’s with some MX8’s and 3 Vx6’s (two I have bought for friends) most have went back and some are going back. Some for simply having the power rings become almost impossible to move and some will not track or hold zero. I need a
Scope for my 375 H&H No 1 and am considering a Leupold of vintage Vari x iii, mainly cause it should fit the tight ring spacing to stock length. I figure you might not like that rifle choice lol but I always wanted to play with one.
I guess profit over preformance is the way a lot of companies are competing for our $.
MerryChristmas

what is it with the power ring? I have a Leupold 1-6 where it is almost impossible to move as well. Anyone ever have to return the Athlon to the factory for a warranty repair? That would be important to me as I hunt with my grandsons now who are less than careful with things.
Not sure why the become so hard. Some have been in the safe
and the range. No way cold hands could turn them. Fixed and then same a few years later.
The best Leupold I had was a Vari x 111 matte
Front lens craked. The fixed it and rebuilt the inside. That scope held up to a ton of 338 and 7mag rounds. It was repaired in about 96. I never had issues after. Sold it along with a 7mag earlier this year.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stick
MerryChristmas

and the range. No way cold hands could turn them. Fixed and then same a few years later.
Q QThe best Leupold I had was a Vari x 111 matte
Front lens craked. The fixed it and rebuilt the inside. That scope held up to a ton of 338 and 7mag rounds. It was repaired in about 96. I never had issues after. Sold it along with a 7mag earlier this year.

I experienced the froze X ring on 2 2.5-8's. Not sure what iteration they were. Made the trip back to Beaverton. Stayed fixed after they returned. Pretty sure I still have one of them. Had a pile of 2.5-8 at one point and didn't keep close track of what ended up where.

Seemed a common enough problem back in the day. Knew 2 other guys who had the froze X ring. IIRC, they were also 2.5-8's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Are they worth buying?

Yes, they're worth buying. I've a bunch of them.....EP5/5-25x56, SH4/6-24x50, and 8 or 9 EPL/6-24x50. They're all good. The 5-25 and SH 6-24 both have 34mm tubes and are heavy. The EPL 6-24's are about 16 oz lighter than the ones with 34mm tubes. How good are they? Well the 5-25 has Jap glass, so do the EPL 6-24's. Midway was having a sale on Zeiss V-something 6-24's and wanting a SFP scope, I bought one. Did a very thorough comparison, the Arken EPL 6-24 vs. that Zeiss 6-24......the specs being almost identical. You can get all that stuff on the Cameraland website. The Arken was/is every bit as good optically as the Zeiss. My eyes could see no difference and the Zeiss costs 3x as much. I sent the Zeiss back. The Arkens are a great deal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Stick
MerryChristmas

Q QThe best Leupold I had was a Vari x 111 matte

I experienced the froze X ring on 2 2.5-8's. Not sure what iteration they were. Made the trip back to Beaverton. Stayed fixed after they returned. Pretty sure I still have one of them. Had a pile of 2.5-8 at one point and didn't keep close track of what ended up where.

Seemed a common enough problem back in the day. Knew 2 other guys who had the froze X ring. IIRC, they were also 2.5-8's.

I’ve had several 3-9x same issue and one 2.5-8x

All would have been Vari-XII or III

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ooooopsie! Hint.

It's really hard to determine which is funnier.

Your use of forced perspective to make the bear look bigger or the FACT you used a Leupold.

Well done showing how Leupold RULEZ and you are so easy to manipulate.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Ooooopsie! Hint.

It's really hard to determine which is funnier.

Your use of forced perspective to make the bear look bigger or the FACT you used a Leupold.

Well done showing how Leupold RULEZ and you are so easy to manipulate.

Stick looks anorexic is that pic from 20 yrs ago?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.