Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Surveys say most of us cook 5-6 go-to recipes over and over again. How about mixing that up a bit? Did I mention they're on sale at $4-$6 off?
https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/product-category/books/wild-game-cookbooks/

Want a new chili?
The Wild Bowl has 100 soups, stews and chilies--26 chilies, to be exact.

New marinade?
Tenderize the Wild has 100 marinades, brines and rubs.

Then there’s Sausage Season, with 75 wursts
But more important, the science of binding fat to lean so you don’t end up with crumbs.

Stalking the Wild Jerky with 101 variations: jalapenos, smoke, ranch dressing powder, even whiskey. Canadian not Irish. Irish is for drinking. No, Sipping.

Upland Game Bird Cookery with 100 dishes from Surfin’ Hungarians to Beer Batter Bites

And Slice of the Wild: 100 venison recipes is the hunter’s bullet to fork handbook with 40 illustrated pages of game care and cutting, as well as 100 recipes.

www.riflesandrecipes.com/406-521-0273

Attached Images
24hourcookbookimage.JPG (14.75 KB, 77 downloads)

On appetites: "If I had to wait until I was hungry to eat, I'd never eat."
GB1

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Only 12 days until Christmas and, with cubic priority, it's not too late, or more than a few bucks, depending on where you live. Email me at riflesandrecipesgmail.com and I'll give you an estimate. (For two books yesterday, it was only $2.50 to add cubic priority, and USPS said it would be there on Saturday.)

Originally Posted by Leenie3freezers
Surveys say most of us cook 5-6 go-to recipes over and over again. How about mixing that up a bit? Did I mention they're on sale at $4-$6 off?
https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/product-category/books/wild-game-cookbooks/

Want a new chili?
The Wild Bowl has 100 soups, stews and chilies--26 chilies, to be exact.

New marinade?
Tenderize the Wild has 100 marinades, brines and rubs.

Then there’s Sausage Season, with 75 wursts
But more important, the science of binding fat to lean so you don’t end up with crumbs.

Stalking the Wild Jerky with 101 variations: jalapenos, smoke, ranch dressing powder, even whiskey. Canadian not Irish. Irish is for drinking. No, Sipping.

Upland Game Bird Cookery with 100 dishes from Surfin’ Hungarians to Beer Batter Bites

And Slice of the Wild: 100 venison recipes is the hunter’s bullet to fork handbook with 40 illustrated pages of game care and cutting, as well as 100 recipes.

www.riflesandrecipes.com/406-521-0273

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Eileen,

Do you think that diet Dr. Pepper would work for the marinated steaks from Slice of the Wild?

Thanks,

Jason

PS - looks like my book and hat are at the local post office already. That was quick!

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
To my tastes, regular Dr Pepper has a bit richer flavor, but as far as tenderizing the meat, the diet version still has caffeine and some acid, so it will do that just as well. And the flavor isn't all that different. The diet stuff is what I usually drink anyway.
Have a wonderful Christmas Jason.
Eileen

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
If you're wanting to buy one of the sale cookbooks or Gun Gack 4, depending on how far you live from Montana, cubic priority is available for just a few dollars more. To mail two books to Oregon the other day it was only $2.50 more; two books to the east side of the Mississippi, was only $7 more. Mailing one book doesn't give me as much leeway. (we build in $3 to the price of each book so we can ship free via media mail inside the US. That lets me deduct $3 per book so you pay less to upgrade to cubic priority.) I know. It sounds like an impossible 4th grade story problem. I hated those too, but I love cubic priority at Christmas!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the reply, Eileen.

Merry Christmas!

Jason

PS - everyone needs one of the synthetic Loony hats. Just add it to your cart!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.