Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Jeff Roe Resigns from Ron DeSantis Super PAC After Staff Leaks Massive Turmoil Amid Campaign Collapse

Following a scathing insider report of the turmoil within the campaign and SuperPAC for presidential candidate Ron DeSantis, chief strategist Jeff Roe resigns.

It is stunning to contemplate the starting point of $269,000,000 [and more since] has essentially done nothing except destroy the public image and brand of Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis. No presidential campaign has ever amassed such a proactive funding war chest and blown it to smithereens before the first votes have even taken place.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Washington Post presented a scathing report outlining details provided by 22 people in the DeSantis campaign and Super PAC. Within hours of that report being posted, Jeff Roe quit.

WaPo – […] With just weeks to go before the Iowa caucuses, the experiment is now in tatters. The super PAC that funded almost all of the DeSantis advertising and field programs and much of the candidate’s travel and events has been sidelined by the people that created it.

[…] Five senior officials have left Never Back Down since late November. Three officials with Roe’s firm were fired, and the board chairman and the founding chief executive both resigned, amid internal concerns about legal compliance. A verbal conflict from inside the group’s Atlanta offices became public, as did DeSantis’s own misgivings about the outside group’s leadership. The governor and his campaign staff have been frustrated by reporting on the drama around Never Back Down and critical of the group’s ad strategy, with DeSantis’s second campaign manager, James Uthmeier, publicly instructing donors to give elsewhere for TV ads......

Almost everyone in the operation and in the promotion thereof, are retreads from the failed Ted Cruz campaign of 2016. Someone in professional GOPe circles had the idea to enmesh the Never Trump group with the Bush team and try to build a brand image for Ron DeSantis that could co-opt the MAGA base.

“The super PAC model of winning a presidential primary, I think, is staggering, if not on the ropes,” said one DeSantis donor. “And if you’re going to have a successful presidential primary campaign you need to be able to raise hard dollars.”

It was a stupid strategy from the outset, made even worse by their tone-deaf missing of reality.

Hat Tip: Sundance and more Here

Will the last one out the door, please turn-off the lights.

Last edited by SupFoo; 12/17/23.

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To put this in perspective, in the 2016 Election;

Hillary spent $1.3 Billion and lost the general.
Trump spent $600 Million (less than 1/2) and won the general.

DeSantis blew through at least $269 million and is outa the game before the first state primary. Add to that, at least an equal amount provided by Team Murdoch promotions.

Assuming one ever could, you can't manufacture a winning candidate. Most people are too smart to buy-off on the sales job. Most, not all.

Chalk this up as a big loss for American Oligarchs. And a big win for the MAGA grassroots.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I heard on the radio that there are talks between Team Hannity/FOX and Team DeSantis trying to negotiate another DeSantis Debate only this time a debate between DeSantis and President Trump.

Trump would be foolish to agree to such a debate, DeSantis is done, no reason to give him any opportunity to prop himself up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
I heard on the radio ..... a debate between DeSantis and President Trump.

That ain't gonna happen. You should get a new radio.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Desantis did a great job cleaning out rino piggybanks.
Most likely as was planned.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/17/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Doing his part to stimulate the economy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I’d be happy to have him as my governor or president.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I believe this is what they were talking about on the radio, only they mentioned that Hannity and FOX were behind it.

Ron DeSantis Challenges Donald Trump to Debate Ahead of Iowa Caucus
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...allenges-trump-debate-ahead-iowa-caucus/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Desantis did a great job cleaning out rino piggybanks.
Most likely as was planned.

Trust the Plan. But wait, I thought you said Trump is already the president?

LOL.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that we need to consider that the GOP/uniparty pushed DeSantis to the front prematurely as a means of destroying any future hopes for him. He may well have been Bernie Sanders’d.

Outside of FL his political career is pretty much dead as a conservative.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by IZH27
I think that we need to consider that the GOP/uniparty pushed DeSantis to the front prematurely as a means of destroying any future hopes for him. He may well have been Bernie Sanders’d.

Outside of FL his political career is pretty much dead as a conservative.
Never thought of that.

Maybe Disney had their fingers in it as well.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
When got the Type of Money they’ve got you can make as many mistakes as you want..

Look what they did to Zelensky he’s going to get Mossolini’d in the End ..

DeSantis not so Much..

They’ll find another way to kill the Cheeto Jesus.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, President Trump doesn't even have to try.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SupFoo

DeSantis blew through at least $269 million and is outa the game before the first state primary. Add to that, at least an equal amount provided by Team Murdoch promotions.

Assuming one ever could, you can't manufacture a winning candidate. Most people are too smart to buy-off on the sales job. Most, not all.

Chalk this up as a big loss for American Oligarchs. And a big win for the MAGA grassroots.
maga is a con job. there aint no maga only israel first then non whites

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There's a huge elephant in the room everybody is ignoring. Trump won the election but was and continues to be denied his second term. That disqualifies them all. DeSaintless isn't even the most palatable of those pretending to run. This is a mistake of major proportions wasting money to replace the true winner of the last election that was denied his win. It's all bought and paid for by the RNC. Had all that money been put to use fighting the mountainous corruption that has taken over our government and denied the true winner of the election, we would be much better off and United instead of looking like buffoons. The party has made a horrific mistake and will pay dearly for it. like it or not Trump owns the base and nothing can stop what's coming.

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mrmeener

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DeSantis was a fool for even running in this election. He should have kept kicking butt as the gov of FL and stayed out of the race. Had he done that he was in a good position for 2028. He didnt think this one through because anyone could see this one was going to be a blood bath and a lot of the blood that has been spilled was his.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mrmeener
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Another Moron for the ignore list

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Many republicans were on the take in Ukraine. It wasn't just Biden and his corrupted family. Trump showed the world what could be done with a President that actually cared about the Nation and the World when he was in office in spite of opposition from his own party. Justin Amish stepped away because his dealings with China were exposed. McConnell has been in bed with the PRC for many years. Romney and many more are criminals stealing tax money for their greed. Trump brought ALL Americans together and united us in prosperity and a common good. You cannot take that away no matter how much you complain and carp.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by IZH27

It's very possible he got sucked in by the establishment to get politically damaged by Trump. DeSantis had higher political ambitions and the swamp could have used his shortsightedness against him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.