Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We prefer Costco to Sam's except in one regard. Sam's has the Scan and Go app that lets us skip the lines. Costco could use it in my opinion.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Costco. Chicken pot pie the size of your cast iron frying pan and about as heavy. Best I ever had.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sam’s, because Costco doesn’t accept American Express.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here's what Costco says about payment. If it's too much to read, Visa debit and credit cards instore and at the gas station. Visa and Mastercard online.

U.S. Costco warehouse locations accept:
All Visa Cards
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Most PIN-based Debit/ATM Cards
Costco Shop Cards*
Cash
Personal checks from current Costco Members
Business checks from current Costco Business Members
Traveler’s checks
EBT cards
Mobile Payment (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay)

U.S. Costco Gas Stations:
All Visa Cards
Costco Shop Cards*

Costco.com:
All Visa Cards
MasterCard
Costco Shop Cards*
Visa (For more information, please view the Visa FAQs)

Last edited by smarquez; 12/18/23.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No Costco here just Sam's and the only thing I bought there was 50lb bags of sugar when I was making shine, there meat and other stuff don't hold a candle to the HEB Plus.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have had both. I made the change from Sam’s to CostCo about 15 years ago. At that time, I felt that CostCo had superior quality merchandise and wider selection.

A few years ago, I began shopping for my parents - they had a Sam’s membership and I shopped there. The food quality was much lower. Less healthy foods to choose from. Their checkers/cashiers move slowly (whereas the CostCo employees hustle).

As a broad comparison, I rate the quality/luxury of merchandise better at CostCo than Sam’s. A bit like saying CostCo is Cadillac and Sam’s is Chevy.

At CostCo, I buy food (seafood, meat, eggs, butter, nuts, grapes, grains such as hemp seed and flax seed, lemon juice, sandwich bread), toilet paper, shampoo, Kirkland alkaline water, eyeglasses, TV’s, laptops, gasoline, tires, auto batteries, clothing (Lucky Brand jeans and Levi’s, dress shirts, casual pants, dress slacks, shirts, neck ties), wine (CostCo is the second largest wine retailer in America).

I have found that some items are regional. For example, I have never seen the merino socks in Texas CostCo. Some items are available based income level of the area - higher priced wine is sold in the more expensive neighborhoods.

They have a great return policy. I have returned things two or three years after purchase.

Around Dallas, the Sam’s stores are never crowded whereas the CostCo’s are packed full of customers. That says a lot! Not sure what you will find in NC, but in Dallas, there are always a lot of Asians shopping in CostCo - they are a little crazy in the parking lots and not friendly in the stores - I helped a confused Chinese girl put air in her Mercedes tires and she didn’t even say thanks.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Costco for the gold bars:

They sold $100 Million last quarter.

https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-ba...can-new-in-assay.product.4000186760.html

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Sams club is local for me.

Costco is about 1.5 hrs. Don’t go as often.

I do like the Costco better. Seems it has better quality and variety.

Clothing selection is better at Costco.

They’ll have some type/ brand of canvas pants i wear for work.

I listened to a random podcast, Costco is the most profitable per square foot in retail. Wanna say they turn over product is 15 days or less. Much quicker than the Net 30 of invoices. Lot of times they sell stuff before they pay the invoice…

One thing I’ll say about Sams, if you see something you like, stock up. May not be there next time you go.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I like Costco, we use both Sam’s and Costco, with one huge issue! The founder of Costco was a devote leftest! Costco has a lot to offer, but much like buying most internet purchases…. I have to hold my nose while making the purchase!

So yes….I’m a hypocrite! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have sams and costco, end up at sams 2x as much, prices are higher at costco and I havent seen a significant difference in the quality of most items. Also some stuff they only carry "organic" options which are 2 - 3x what normal food costs...

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Costco tends to carry better quality of goods. However,you need to shop at either one enough to realize any savings vs the membership fee.Somethings are not any cheaper than other stores.

However, you won' t find any better pricing on pharmacy prescriptions. Especially important if you are on Medicare or a Medicare Advantage program and get close to the dough gap of $4700 a year

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sam’s is four minutes away. Costco is forty five minutes away on one of the busiest roads in the area. I don’t buy much from either one. Seems like Costco sells higher quality merchandise and food.

We buy bottled water, fuel, and RX from Sam’s, it’s reasonable and close. Walmart for paper products, etc.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
Costco for the gold bars:

They sold $100 Million last quarter.

https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-ba...can-new-in-assay.product.4000186760.html

This right here might be the deciding factor pending price.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Gave up on Sam's in 2020. Ridiculous policy of only letting an insanely small number of people in the store at a time, while the outside line stretched 500 feet.

In MI, there is a competitor called BJ's Wholesale. So, for one yearly membership, I can get all the BJ's I want, any time. LOL

Have only ever waited in a checkout line maybe 5-6 times the whole 3+ years I have been there.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thank you men for your opinions, they’re very much appreciated.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Usually Sam's ,, because my company pays for the card, go to Costco now & then on my sisters card

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've only been to Costco for hearing aids, I don't think the place is all that lower pried.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've only been to Costco for hearing aids, I don't think the place is all that lower pried.

Maybe you can check out their glasses.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[align:right][/align] laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jahrs, I've been piggyback reading your thread. Interesting stuff. Thank you. Looks like I need to get a Costco membership again. I can get a Sam's membership for about $20 through my previous employer of many years ago offering everyone a membership to Working Advantage, who sends periodic emails with all kinds of deals..

A lot of what has been mentioned about Sam's I have also found to be true. Crowded and they choke you at the exit door. I don't care for that. I've already paid for my goods. Get out of my way, please. I have just walked out the door past the lines many times when there are 20-30-40 people waiting in line just to have them check receipts. It's offensive.

I also find Sam's to be more "urban". And my truck has been hit and scratched four times than I can remember in Sam's parking lot. I had a scratch down the side of my brand new 4Runner from somebody pushing a cart in between two vehicless where there clearly wasn't enough room. It's a sign of their clientele.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 163bc, 10ring1, 75 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,734
Posts18,494,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.