-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
One of them was ours . She survived and will be fine. Have no idea how to post the pictures of her head where she was shot . No arrest yet the fella admitted to doing it . The other 2 unfortunately didn’t make it . Those were not ours . He shot them with bird shot and disabled them then went up shot them in the head with a pistol . Just be careful with your hounds .

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hooooly [bleep] man. I hope they take away all his hunting rights, all his guns, & fine the chit out of him plus put him in jail, DANG!!!! And that's a lot less than I'd do to him!!!!!! What were the circumstances of this, were you there??? We're the other dogs owners there??? He should get the SSS treatment. Shoot shovel & shut up!!! That's like shooting a family member to me!!! Any reasoning behind it??? Barking? Chasing livestock? What ta [bleep]!!!!!! GWPGUY. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Don’t fret…. Some fire member will be along shortly and tell us if they were passing thru his property they would do the same.

This place has an abundance of BAMF’s.

laissez les bons temps rouler
D
OP Offline
D
That is it in union county . I was not there but my son was running our hounds . The guy trespassed on his neighbors property and shot them on our lease . The other fella whose hounds were killed was there . GPS lines on the garmins show that the hounds were on our lease the entire time . I’m sure there is gonna be some saying running deer with hounds is wrong but don’t knock it till you have tried it .

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
"Don’t fret…. Some fire member will be along shortly and tell us if they were passing thru his property they would do the same.

This place has an abundance of BAMF’s."

What a burden such superiority must be. Good thing you're strong enough to bear it. Tell us about your workout regimen, again?

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
File your hurt feelers report with Rick....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
"Don’t fret…. Some fire member will be along shortly and tell us if they were passing thru his property they would do the same.

This place has an abundance of BAMF’s."

What a burden such superiority must be. Good thing you're strong enough to bear it. Tell us about your workout regimen, again?

It's all about attitude, and Battue is pretty much on the money, here. It's not acting superior, it's just acknowledging the times we live in and the ways of those around us.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Doghunter,

Sorry to hear about your dog.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Don’t fret…. Some fire member will be along shortly and tell us if they were passing thru his property they would do the same.

Explain why it's ok for dogs to go wherever and do whatever.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you read the post that wasn’t the situation.

And there are hound hunts from where I came from that they chased the Fox wherever it took them…. And the neighbors didn’t think they were the equivalent of the King.

Neighbor Dogs have wondered into my place. Last thing I thought was to kill them just because.

If a neighbors cows got loose would you consider killing them just because you had the right to do so?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 19352012

Any dog can get loose. Hunting dogs can't read posted signs. Killing one of my dogs just beacause it's loose is a good way to wind up dead.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Being in the cattle and hunting business I'm not good with dogs roaming around on our property. But shooting a dog where it belongs is BS and I hope the law makes an example out of the azzhole.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 19352012

Explain why you didn’t bother to read the entire posts, like the one that stated GPS data from the dog’s collars showed they hadn’t left the leased property- but the shooter did to kill them. My guess is the shooter is some sort of anti hunter nut job…..

D
OP Offline
D
The guy has been arrested charged with 4 felonies .3 counts of animal cruelty and 1 count of tampering with evidence.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Where do I file an irony report? Battue, and one of his followers (Battue Admiring Malignant Farcissists?) previously found it appropriate to chide me for not force-fetching my dogs, or even wanting to cripple training birds. Guess I'm not tough enough some days, and not soft enough others?

How about a contradiction report? Were the dogs on pubic land, or passing through private property? (I did read the original post, for the record, and know the answer. It's what we call a 'rhetorical question.')

Two of the dogs were 'killed,' one was 'maimed.' Hope that clears it up for you. (You know who you are.)

As for me, I know the only thing that I enjoy more than killing innocent dogs is being lectured by a guy who can't get his pronouns and antecedents to agree, much less spell 'wander' correctly, from his ivory tower.

I have run hounds in FL and shot cattle-killing feral Rott mixes on the range in Idaho; don't have a dog in this fight (figuratively speaking.)

Just sayin'

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Addendum: when the neighbor's cows have gotten into my winter haystack, shooting them was an option I considered.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
Addendum: when the neighbor's cows have gotten into my winter haystack, shooting them was an option I considered.

And I would think most would think you made the right decision.

As far as using the proper language....I admit it, I suck at it. And Mother was an English teacher. In addition, I don't take it personal that you mentioned it here in front of everyone. wink

Last edited by battue; 12/18/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,916
Posts18,479,651
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.