Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've used one of these for years I mean like 30 years takes a little getting used to but once you do it works very well and it will fit in most any drawer.
mine is the diamond system what you don't need any oil

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by ldholton; 08/24/23.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ldholton
I've used one of these for years I mean like 30 years takes a little getting used to but once you do it works very well and it will fit in most any drawer.

I would definitely get the diamond one if buying Lansky. I had a set with the stones about 30 years ago and it was a great sharpener. I lost it and replaced it a few years ago but the stones in the new one were very poor quality compared to my first set.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No one knows how to use a hard Arkansas anymore or just too lazy or inept to learn how it seems.

Bunch of us dinosaurs still use them I geuss...

Kyptonite...

Last edited by renegade50; 08/24/23.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Japanese water stones...

[video:rumble]
[/video]

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 08/24/23.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Diamond stones are OK....

but, nothing gets blades scary sharp as Black Hard Arkansas,

gotta learn .

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RHClark

I would definitely get the diamond one if buying Lansky. I had a set with the stones about 30 years ago and it was a great sharpener. I lost it and replaced it a few years ago but the stones in the new one were very poor quality compared to my first set.
the lansky system I have is probably 30 years old maybe older it was pretty early when they first come out.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Good edge and fits in the desk or kitchen drawer $10.00. Have one in the kitchen, and the shop, give them as xmas gifts. By no means a scalpel edge but a good edge quick.

accusharp

There is a war on America and America is losing
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bought the Worksharp Guided field sharpener. Was not impressed on opening the package and less impressed on first use. Kinda clumsy and inexact, and too small for my larger knives.

But after a few minuted dinking around with it, I managed to put a decent edge on a couple of my regular use knives. I use it a few more times it may just start to feel handy

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought a Horl 2 knife sharpener. I’ll report after Christmas how it works.[u][/u]

Last edited by cooperfan; 12/19/23.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Worksharp Precision Adjust. Not good up and put in a drawer size. But close. I had no hair in my arms for a month after buying it.

$60 version linked here. Also have a $$$ version with more grits and more features, but not needed unless you’re a knife looney.

https://www.scheels.com/p/work-sharp-precision-adjust-knife-sharpener/662949-WSBCHPAJ.html

There's a new version of this thing out for mega bucks ($250) that looks pretty neat. Reviews seem pretty good.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Spyderco Sharpmaker.
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Boom

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have paper wheels, tormek, ken onion, lansky....oodles of hand held sharpeners. The one that I like for touch up work and general maintenance is the worksharp guided field. It has ceramic, diamond and a leather strop all in one. There's a storage space for some stropping compound.....it is everything you need and nothing you don't.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hard to beat a Gatco or Lansky sharpener.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

the lansky system I have is probably 30 years old maybe older it was pretty early when they first come out.

I just used mine this morning. If I had to guess I’d say it’s close to 35 years old. I wanna say I bought it in ‘88

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jahrs
[quote=ldholton]I've used one of these for years I mean like 30 years takes a little getting used to but once you do it works very well and it will fit in most any drawer.

I just used mine this morning. If I had to guess I’d say it’s close to 35 years old. I wanna say I bought it in ‘88[/quote
p just happened to see this and glad that thing is still mentioned cuz that's what I still use. they made an updated version that had wider stones in a little safer to use on the handguard. I want to say it was Gator something but I really don't know but they work very well the person that will follow instructions

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Lansky, but my worksharp is my new go to sharpener...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 28 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.