Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Are they good, bad or just plain ugly. I have a friend who just bought one and really likes it. He wants to sell his Springfield Arms AR10 Saint and keep the Diamondback. The Diamondback is lighter and has an 18" barrel verse the heavier Springfield with a 16" barrel.

I put an Aero lightweight scope mount on the Springfield with zero issues. But, the Aero scope mount would not go on the upper of the Diamondback. The slots and lugs on the scope mount do not match up. Either the Diamondback is out of spec or it takes a proprietary scope mount .

What say the campfire ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had a Diamondback AR10, It shot well. Never had a problem with mounting a scope on it. I shot a couple different optics and mounts on it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I don't know if I would keep it over the Springfield. I would have to take them both to the range and shoot them side by side comparison.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
a friend of mine's got one and it's shot plenty reliable that I've been around it. but it is one heavy SOB I don't know if there's different model of it that might be lighter ..

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
a friend of mine's got one and it's shot plenty reliable that I've been around it. but it is one heavy SOB I don't know if there's different model of it that might be lighter ..
Thanks for the reply. The Diamondback my friend has is lighter than his Springfield Saint and that is why he want to keep it. Not being able to put on the Aero Precision scope mount has me spooked.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Warne makes the MSR-type QD rings, both 1-inch and 30mm flavors...they may work. I have a bunch of those and need to get rid of them.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I went to the range today to check accuracy on the 2 different brands of AR's. The DB has a nice 3 shot group and the Saint with the better trigger had a couple of fliers and I did a couple of start overs. He decided to go with the DB.

kwg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
why sell. Think I've sold maybe 3 guns in my life. lol. but I do get it.

now days most any AR platform is decent.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

I hear you, rost. I don't sell mine, either. I think maybe I've sold three, also. And one of those three was more of a horse trade. I'd rather give them to family or a good friend if I feel I need to be lightened of one. I've got a few earmarked for family now. I just need to see them in person. I'm not going to ship them and go through the FFL bs. And they will definitely NOT be going to any liberals in my family.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did you get an optic mounted?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I agree, why sell but he wants to fund a trip to Texas to go pig hunting. He got divorced 1 year ago this month and he got stuck with some alimony so money is tight for him.

kwg

IC B3

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How did you get an optic mounted?
I had 2 of the short Yankee Hill 1/2' risers and some tall rings. It was high enough to take it to the range and check accuracy. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty solid.

kwg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I hear you, rost. I don't sell mine, either. I think maybe I've sold three, also. And one of those three was more of a horse trade. I'd rather give them to family or a good friend if I feel I need to be lightened of one. I've got a few earmarked for family now. I just need to see them in person. I'm not going to ship them and go through the FFL bs. And they will definitely NOT be going to any liberals in my family.
I'll bet I'm not the only one but I don't like being around any liberals they are a blot on the country.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I'll bet I'm not the only one but I don't like being around any liberals they are a blot on the country.

Neither do I. I used to say I Got 5 seconds for an [bleep]. Well, that includes 5 seconds for a liberal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 13 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,094
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.