Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Why is it that when it is announced that food is ready, everyone stands around like they don't know which end their ass is attached to? I have reached the age where when it is announced, I go and eat.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Same here.

I've been known to push grandmas out of the way

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gotta go early to get the good gravy.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I eat last at my house.

Dad eats last at his house.

Children go first, then women and guests.

I am MAGA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I eat last at my house.

Same here though I am now the only Dad...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I eat last at my house.

Same here.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Same here. In my grandfather's time it was different, men were served first. They were the ones who produced the food and they didn't always have a lot to eat.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I don’t have to be told twice, as my appetite is ridiculous. That said..... I still usually offer to let the ladies or older folks start first. I am pretty good at getting the ball rolling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I eat last at my house.

Dad eats (ate) last at his house.

Same here.
(Once in a while I might nab a little taste of dessert while they are busy).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I eat last at my house.

I like that ! Old family values!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just go straight to the dessert table while everyone else lines up for the other food. After I've eaten my huge piece of pecan pie, I go load up on everything else.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Young and old first. Slow ones don’t get seconds 😆

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I eat last at my house.

Bingo. -tnscouter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Growing up, I was an only child, an only grandchild, and an only great-grandchild. One of the results was that family meals made me the center of everyone's attention. My first Thanksgiving, I acted as the centerpiece.

Fast forward 60-some years. Mom passed in late August. I am now the sole survivor of that Thanksgiving table. With the passing of my father 12 years ago, I became the family patriarch. Next Monday, I will do my part, and bring the roast into the dining room and walk around the table throwing a big hunk of roasted moo on everyone's plate. This was my father's job, and part of the job is knowing everyone's preferred portion size.
KYHillChick will start passing the sides, and then we sit down and I give the family grace that has been given in our family going back to my great-great grandfather's table. My great-grandfather gave it to me at age 6 and I've been delivering ever since.

We then dive in like a pack of starved wolves. We consume mass quantities in the style of refugees from Remulak.

The only one that doesn't is KYHillChick. It's like a nervous tick, but she can't seem to settle down and eat. I usually have to remind her to plant her butt in the chair and actually eat. It is a habit she picked up from her mom. The poor old mountain woman would not sit and eat until everyone else was nearly finished. She wanted to ensure her kin had all had their fill and none of her children went hungry. 'HillChick is always the first up at the end and starts clearing dishes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When I am acting as host of a meal, I join the ranks of the self-righteous and usher my guests and all other forms of life to the food line, I am referring to the hostless family gatherings where the sheep all mill about afraid to approach the food first because if they do, some jackass is sure to label them as "Never have to call him twice (insert name)." No amount of nipping at their heels will get them moving, so someone has to step up and be the judas goat to get them moving up the chute.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I was a kid the women in aprons would smack the men with thier wooden spoons if they didn't get thier butts to the food double time before it got cold. Grandmas and Moms were usually the last to sit as they were running things. Unless orcourse if it was a BBQ/Picnic with the men grilling drinking and smoking.

All that started changing for some reason in the 80's. Huh wonder what could have happen.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I hate hot food that's cold and cold food that's warm, so I don't dither. People want to mill around like sheep, they can go ahead.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Someone has to break the ice and go first

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I eat last or near last. Just the way it is. Make sure the kids/women/elderly get in there first while hot and pickens are good.

Me

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Usually the women start putting the food on the kids’ plates first but if nobody’s moving I step up and get things moving. Seems like nobody wants to be first but I’m the oldest male in the family now and I’m not too worried about appearances anymore..😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.