Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I've done some searching and am only finding people converting the rotary mag guns over to accept pmags. I'm looking to go the opposite way. I carry this thing across my back through the brush, and the pmag makes it mighty uncomfortable. Any of you folks know of a stock/mag well conversion kit that uses the factory style rotary mag, or some type of flush mag? I'm using a 5 round pmag, but still don't like it. My son has a ranch youth model with a 5 round detachable flush mag and I really like that style. Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by WVTILLIDIE; 12/19/23.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Surely you can find someone who wants to swap…

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can’t help with the RAR, but I sympathize. Been using trekking poles of late due to a bum knee and slinging various death-dealing instruments across my back. Maybe one of those Frankenstud thingys might let you safely sling it over one shoulder instead, assuming you wear a pack of some sort.

Just looked and the rotary mag for .223 is supposed to work for .300 BO, but the reviews are pretty bad. I suppose you’d need a different stock as well. ShopRuger doesn’t list those, but shouldn’t be too hard to find. Still, a lot of expense that might not function to your satisfaction.

Used to drive through Augusta on my way to hunt near Fort Ashby and visit my friend. You hunt Nathaniel Mountain?

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ckat
Surely you can find someone who wants to swap…

That was my thought assuming stocks are the same. Post a swap or want to buy ad in the classified section maybe?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Man, I wish I could try that for you and see if the stock swap works but I am stuck away from home.

The rotary mag that came with the 300 BLK I sold my best bud works fine though, neither of us has ever had a problem with it.

I'm with you on much preferring the handling of the rotary mag versions.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Can’t help with the RAR, but I sympathize. Been using trekking poles of late due to a bum knee and slinging various death-dealing instruments across my back. Maybe one of those Frankenstud thingys might let you safely sling it over one shoulder instead, assuming you wear a pack of some sort.

Just looked and the rotary mag for .223 is supposed to work for .300 BO, but the reviews are pretty bad. I suppose you’d need a different stock as well. ShopRuger doesn’t list those, but shouldn’t be too hard to find. Still, a lot of expense that might not function to your satisfaction.

Used to drive through Augusta on my way to hunt near Fort Ashby and visit my friend. You hunt Nathaniel Mountain?

I run my bear dogs up on Nathaniel all the time. Love that place. Bear are few and far between up there anymore though.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I have the same rifle with the rotary mag and I've always kicked myself I didn't get the one that accepts P Mags... I'd swap if it works.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We have some from time to time here in Jefferson County. There’s a real brute hanging around about 6 miles away over in Clarke County, VA. Neighbor hunts there and put a kiddie pool in the ground under his stand. Gets night pics all the time of the bear futzing around in it. A non-res VA tag comes very dear, so he’s just lookin’. I keep hoping to run into one on my local WMA so I can decide if I really want one, or just think I do.😛

[Linked Image]

Good luck with your quest.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/19/23.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,319
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.