Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Hot water in a water pic get on it and stay on it
Good way to break your ear drum.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Never had wax problems but recently had hearing loss in one ear. Went to family doc, she found wax, 5 min later she sent nurse with squirt bottle and tweezers. 5 min later done.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried the Hydrogen Peroxide trick and it fugged me up, made me dizzy as hell.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ent have always removed it. suction. wire loop. would seem weird that they would not.

docs use water in a syringe. yeah it sort of works depending.

q tips for me just push wax in further. thats what the docs and ent say too.

mine stay clear with gentle use of a bobby pin until it won't get it all. then its time for an ent again.

I've tried all the solutions mentioned above and what I've noted are the only things that work for me. but then my ears at times produce so much wax the liquid part of the wax as it forms runs out of the ear.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From as bad as it appears for sum of you, I think a good soaking with muriatic acid and then a shop vac might be in order.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JeffA
From as bad as it appears for sum of you, I think a good soaking with muriatic acid and then a shop vac might be in order.
the use of suction is quite the thing to get stubborn wax out. I think I first ran into this in the 80s. It was amazing what they got out if other methods failed.

full pass on the muriatic acid lol

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I was on the swim team and lifeguarding I was in the water for hours everyday 7 days a week. That much time spent in chlorinated water can cause ear infections and ear aches were common. We’d squirt rubbing alcohol in each ear tilting our head to allow it to “work” for 3 minutes and then do the other side…after that we’d gently dry each ear with a Q-tip and then a couple drops of apple cider vinegar. When I started doing that regularly my ear aches went away. The alcohol helped displace and dry the water and the vinegar established proper pH.

I’ve heard people say that q-tips only push it in but that hasn’t been my experience at all. If there’s no buildup of wax then there’s nothing to “push in”…anymore than showering just moves the dirt around on your body but doesn’t get rid of it. 😂. Since I use a q-tip after every shower or swimming session I don’t have any wax to worry about. By cleaning them at least daily the most wax I see a tiny bit of yellow on the q-tip. After a warm shower the wax is loosened, soft and wet and easily removed by a q-tip.

My FIL had ear wax issues and everyone else that I knew that had ear wax issues came from the school of thought that you’re only “pushing it in” by using a q-tip. I tried to explain the idea of prevention but the evil q-tip was worse than the buildup and subsequent doctors visit to remove a gross amount of ear wax. I’ll continue using the q-tip daily after my shower and not having the wax problems that others have. I never realized how many people have issues from ear wax but there’s a significant industry of fancy gadgets and technology that’s built up around ear wax removal. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Use an ear wax candle

Not.

Those are hyped, but don't do anything useful. Probably don't hurt anything, but they have been proven a hoax long ago.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. After I made the first post I found out that CVS pharmacy has people that can remove ear wax. I've got some ear wax removal stuff on order that I'll get tomorrow. I'm going to use it every day for a while and see if I can flush out some wax. If I do I'll go to then go to CVS and get them to see if I got it all. If not I'll try to get an appt. with my primary Doc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used q tips daily for years. One day I couldn’t hear. Ears clogged up as a fugk. Went to the doc and he told me to never use q tips. He said you’re just pushing wax down deeper.
🤷‍♂️ Worked fine until it didn’t.

He used a water pik with warm water. It was amazing.

I use a syringe and warm water.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hydrochloric acid and a Shop-Vac.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Mine can only be removed by an ENT MD using one of those vacuum devices. Water method doesn't work for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Am thinking that the stuff is not actually wax. But, what?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
Am thinking that the stuff is not actually wax. But, what?

Dead skin cells and skin oils. Try a dermatologist. They'll probably put a few drops of olive oil in your ear to soften the wax up, then use suction. Sometimes suction with a looped wire or alligator forceps. It comes off in layers and you need to be damned careful of the eardrum. Best to let a Doc handle it if it's that bad.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
30 years ago, Doc cleared my ears out with a Water-Pic. Worked extremely well.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I use a couple q-tips after every shower..... I chit you not.... had my general doc tell me my ears were "TOO" clean 🥴 Says you need "some" wax to catch anything that gets in there but fugg that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keeping the wax out of the ear is important with hearing aides.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 54Woody
A couples drops of Hydrogen Peroxide will soften and loosen, then rinse in the shower and wipe clean with a q-tip. Do this once a week.

What my mom used to do, she'd put my ear on a heating pad to really soften the wax, then put me bad ear up ant dump Hydrogen Peroxide in, you could hear it fizzing and bubbling.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you do any of the water suggestions, make sure it is WARM water. Cold water to the ear drum will make you dizzy as snot and/or pass out. We do about 1-2 ear clean outs a week in our moderate sized local ER.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hardway
I chit you not.... had my general doc tell me my ears were "TOO" clean 🥴 Says you need "some" wax to catch anything that gets in there
^^^^This...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1minute, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 39 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,587
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.