Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Friends in Montana are building and renting these, sorta a twist of rustic and ultramodern.
$100.00 a night.

They'll be losing money at that rate.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Are these your ads all over Facebook ? or are you just using the AI cabin pic off FB as an example ?

About a dozen of these AI generated cabin interior pics started popping up when I joined a couple cabin and tiny home groups to see what people are building and to get some ideas for my timber framed cabin I'm gearing up to build this Spring/Summer at my shooting range, steel pilings went in last Sept but haven't started building yet due to out of town work all year

Which is fine because plans have changed dramatically from the original idea from last year, lot's of ideas on the board

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I could.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Friends in Montana are building and renting these, sorta a twist of rustic and ultramodern.
$100.00 a night.

But if you rent them out by the hour... maybe?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CashisKing
It is something I am working on...

It will sell as a kit... i.e. forklift load on your trailer and YOU BUILD IT.

Just curious is there is a market.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's not 20x20. Looks like about 12ft wide. Makes it a bit hard to visualize as the layout would be much different. The pictured cottage looks like it's kind of lightweight construction and might be hard to heat. Heavier duty construction and less glass would make a better hunting camp. Looks more like a nice summer rental.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Inside of mine looks similar cash

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/19/23.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I could see that as a vacation home or cabin. It would be nice if I could hire some local guy to put it up. One problem maybe: Too many windows, make it easy to break in when you're not in the vacation home.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you are going to do a kit, may I suggest a size that could be assembled on various sized (decent size) flatbed trailers for those wanting to beat the tax man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Are these your ads all over Facebook ? or are you just using the AI cabin pic off FB as an example ?

About a dozen of these AI generated cabin interior pics started popping up when I joined a couple cabin and tiny home groups to see what people are building and to get some ideas for my timber framed cabin I'm gearing up to build this Spring/Summer at my shooting range, steel pilings went in last Sept but haven't started building yet due to out of town work all year

Which is fine because plans have changed dramatically from the original idea from last year, lot's of ideas on the board

LOL.

The SwampLadyBoi spilled the beans on CashLessQueens bullshit.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Maybe.

Big family, some still at home, some coming to visit. Future grand babies, I'm thinking I'd need to stack 3 or 4 of those together.

If I get a wild streak and go buy a pice of land in the Intermountain rockies to hang out on a few months a year, maybe. Although I suspect it would soon be over run by the big family and it wouldn't be suitable.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
About the right size for a bathroom (according to wife and her 20 minutes a day in there)) - I guess the rest would be on the owner.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couple for farm hands would come in awfully handy.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$100.00 a night.

I was exaggerating even, their current nightly is $99.

But that's off season rates, peak season goes for around $300

The more successful vacation rentals often have rates that follow the nearby resort hotel prices, it's their direct competition.

https://www.stonercreekcabins.com

You never know what a person's business plan might be.

I leased out a old sketchy farm house really cheap. It was on 20 acres and was huge but had a outhouse, no indoor toilet and it took a 4x4 to get up the driveway in the winter.

Rented it to the same dude for just over 20 years.

My rental rate was based on the property tax bill.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of funky schit going on in those pictures...

It's like one of those find everything that's wrong games.

You'd be on your knees at the top of those stairs.

It appears that the backdoor must push that dangling light fixture outta the way so it don't hit you in the face when you walk in.

That was thoughtful.

You're on your own getting out.

Originally Posted by swamplord

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, sure would. Though the decision is dependent on location.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A lot of funky schit going on in those pictures...

It's like one of those find everything that's wrong games.

You'd be on your knees at the top of those stairs.

It appears that the backdoor must push that dangling light fixture outta the way so it don't hit you in the face when you walk in.

That was thoughtful.

You're on your own getting out.

Originally Posted by swamplord

Like I said in my post, those are AI generated pics based on someones idea for a cabin interior, code violations be damned, it's art , lol !

Just completed a project out of my town where I lived for 7 months in a one room 16x20 dry cabin with no loft, wasn't too bad since I was working 6/10's & never there during the day, it was a warm box to sleep in and I was pulling in $3k a week

The best part was it's right by the Kenai River, I'd swing by every evening after work and kill 6 reds & by late August I was killing a few silvers also, filled up a 10 cf freezer to the top with clean vacuum sealed fillets, then started giving away fish because I had no room in the freezer, then in late Sept I ganked a nice bull moose . Def made living in a tiny one room cabin a good time, like a paid dream vacation where I got to fish n hunt !

Given those conditions ... I'd volunteer to go do it again !

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Inside of mine looks similar cash
That cabin is a beauty! Could we see some more photos? Next year I plan on building a hunting camp, either on our hunting club property or on a small piece of property we are in negotiations to buy in the Adirondacks, and I’m always looking for ideas.

Last edited by miguel; 12/20/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sweet!

If you made it 7 months it must have been all ya really need.

I could make a go of it with 500sf +/-

I wouldn't have the loft, too much useless space to heat with the high ceilings required.
My experience has been the lofts are too hot or the lower level too cold, no in-between.

If I was going to waste the energy efficiency it'd be with bigger windows not high ceilings.

Utilizing sloped ground and cutting in a daylight basement to set the cabin on would work well for me. It'd give me room for a laundry and more storage to avoid cluttering up the finished living space.

Maybe even a little indoor all season shop space with a double door entry so I could bomb a quad or snow machine inside for maintenance if needed.

A little basement wood burner could go a long way at heating everything above.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
There's a guy out here named Terry Foley who has a business selling kits like that. He does some major business, especially in the city, where good lots are few and far between. The quality is excellent.

Terry Foley kits

Zero specs on his stuff... I would like to see what in the fugg he ships as a finished "home" for $4,050.

That's the ADU, 300 square feet. He's one of those guys who would like to sit down in person with his clients, or send prints and talk over the phone.

He's not a perfect builder, but he's a good dude.

Thanks for the intel Ben... 100% understand now. I trust your suggestion.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
I would try to stretch it out a little. 24x20.

Or 20 x 28 or more. Rectangles are generally more usable than squares in the building world.

20x20 will be the largest...

Could do 16 x 20... or 16 x 16, but "...a 20’ square (400 sq. ft.) happens to be that magic number that’s minimum size for bank financing for some banks and maximum size (even with the loft) to qualify as a tiny home with relaxed code requirements under Virginia building code Appendix Q. Many uses, including primary mini home, accessory dwelling unit, detached office, family room wing, hunting / fishing lodge, etc., etc. "

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,314
Posts18,505,591
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.