Print Thread
Hop To
Page 152 of 315 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 314 315
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by tdoyka
The Kremlin continues to set conditions to create a veneer of legitimacy over the upcoming March 2024 presidential election.

Yeah, well. Say what you want about Putin. But the man knows how to hold a classy campaign rally. He's got the whitest man I've ever seen belting out the Russian national anthem.

I don't know what he's saying, but he's doing a good job of it.

https://twitter.com/Ramy_Sawma/status/1736083270205378605

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Russia military victories, 2023 - so far:

January 7: Podgorodnoye

January 10: Soledar

January 11: Opytnoe

January 16: Sol' station

January 19: Kleshcheevka

January 21: Krasnopolye

February 1: Sacco and Vanzetti

February 2: Nikolaevka

February 12: Krasnopolye

February 17: Paraskovievka

February 24: Berkhovka

February 25: Yagodnoye

March 8: eastern part of Bakhmut

March 9: Dubovo-Vasilievka

March 15: Zaliznyanskoye

April 2: Russian flag in the center of Bakhmut

May 20: Bakhmut

May-November: gains more territory than Ukraine during the counteroffensive while being on defense.

December 12: Marinka

December 2023: Avdeevka.

russkies keep throwing stuff away on Day 665 out of 3 day walk in park.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Russia - 13538, of which: destroyed: 9436, damaged: 606, abandoned: 591, captured: 2905

Tanks (2571, of which destroyed: 1684, damaged: 143, abandoned: 196, captured: 547)
Armoured Fighting Vehicles (1094, of which destroyed: 742, damaged: 31, abandoned: 51, captured: 270)
Infantry Fighting Vehicles (3176, of which destroyed: 2227, damaged: 125, abandoned: 205, captured: 619)
Armoured Personnel Carriers (386, of which destroyed: 262 damaged: 12, abandoned: 19, captured: 92)
Command Posts And Communications Stations (262, of which destroyed: 173, damaged: 3, abandoned: 2, captured: 84)
Engineering Vehicles And Equipment (369, of which destroyed: 189, damaged: 11, abandoned: 45, captured: 124)
Towed Artillery (334, of which destroyed: 194, damaged: 35, abandoned: 5, captured: 100)
Self-Propelled Artillery (630, of which destroyed: 480, damaged: 36, abandoned: 7, captured: 107)
Multiple Rocket Launchers (322, of which destroyed: 241, damaged: 26, abandoned: 2, captured: 53)
Surface-To-Air Missile Systems (189, of which destroyed: 131, damaged: 30, abandoned: 4, captured: 24)
Aircraft (96, of which destroyed: 88, damaged: 8)
Helicopters (133, of which destroyed: 103, damaged: 28, captured: 2)
Naval Ships and Submarines (19, of which destroyed: 12, damaged: 7)

Avdiivka still stands. VDV lost 50% of their men on the assault of Kiev. russkies give no training in their conscripts or volunteers. i'm still waiting for the vaunted Armata and Su-57.

sure, russkies took some ground, but the cost of men is absurd. 1 meter = 1 dead russian. i'll take that any day and twice on Sunday.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Avdiivka stands?

Don't you mean AVDIIVKA HOLDS!

Same result.

Good news is, the City was called Avdiivka by the Russians also, so they won't need ta change the name, like they did when Bahkmut fell.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Kremlin continues to set conditions to create a veneer of legitimacy over the upcoming March 2024 presidential election.

Yeah, well. Say what you want about Putin. But the man knows how to hold a classy campaign rally. He's got the whitest man I've ever seen belting out the Russian national anthem.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

The SS Nazis were also snappy dressers.

I prefer to look at the actions and like the SS Nazis Puty Boi is a horrible person bent on genocide even if you like the show.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I prefer to look at the actions and like the SS Nazis Puty Boi is a horrible person bent on genocide even if you like the show.

I knew that would set you off.

IC B2

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You're gonna need a lot more flowers, Putin.
You stupid, paranoid f_uck

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

c'mon, Drive,...sing along

~~~Rossiya – svyashchennaya nasha derzhava.
Rossiya – lyubimaya nasha strana.
Moguchaya volya, velikaya slava –
Tvoio dostoyanye na vse vremena!~~~

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Avdiivka stands?

Don't you mean AVDIIVKA HOLDS!

Same result.

Good news is, the City was called Avdiivka by the Russians also, so they won't need ta change the name, like they did when Bahkmut fell.

LOL

Avdiivka stands, right now and forever.

https://www.forbes.com/?sh=340a44f52254

Three Thousand Russians Were Killed Or Wounded For Every Square Mile They Captured Around Avdiivka
Story by David Axe, Forbes Staff •
1w

Perhaps half as many Russians died in two months along a miles-long stretch of eastern Ukraine as died in all of Ukraine in the first six months of Russia’s wider war on Ukraine.

Ukraine’s own casualties have been lighter.

Staggering—and escalating—losses have not bought Russia significant advances in Ukraine after the first few weeks of the wider war. At the same time, these losses aren’t about to collapse the regime of Russian strongman Vladimir Putin.

Around 13,000 Russians have been killed or wounded in two months of attacks on the Ukrainian garrison in Avdiivka, a few miles north of Donetsk city in eastern Ukraine’s Donbas region, the administration of U.S. president Joe Biden revealed this week in a declassified intelligence assessment.
For comparison, the U.S. Defense Department estimated 20,000 Russians died and another 50,000 or 60,000 were wounded between the start of Russia’s wider war in February 2022 and the commencement of a major Ukrainian counteroffensive six months later.

Losses around Avdiivka swelled to 315,000 Russia’s total casualties in 22 months of major fighting in Ukraine. The entire Russian military, active and reserve, included 2.9 million people at the outset of the wider war—and since has added another 400,000 billets.

In the same nearly two-year period, Ukrainian forces suffered nearly 200,000 killed and wounded, according to U.S. estimates. Ukraine’s own armed forces had 1.1 million people in late 2021, and since have grown to 1.3 million.

If the U.S. tally of Russian losses seems high, consider that Ukrainian estimates of Russian casualties are much, much higher. The Ukrainian government counted 340,000 Russian deaths in Ukraine between February 2022 and December 2023.

Anecdotal evidence supports a high Russian death toll. One Russian soldier fighting near Avdiivka recently said his unit started their assault with 70 people—and lost 56 of them.

What’s especially shocking about Russia’s losses is what it has gained in exchange. While Russian minefields managed to limit the pace of Ukraine’s 2023 counteroffensive and hold Ukrainian brigades to advances of just 10 miles or along two main axes, Russian units have not managed to make major advances of their own in seven months.

Indeed, the Avdiivka meatgrinder is the Kremlin’s most successful campaign since its forces captured the ruins of Bakhmut in May. But Russian regiments have advanced just a mile or so north and south of Avdiivka for a total gain of four square miles. They have not captured Avdiivka itself.

More than 3,000 Russians were killed or wounded for each square mile, most of them victims of Ukrainian artillery brigades that turned their bombardment of Russian assault columns into “a competition,” according to Ukrainian artillery officer Arty Green.

It’s clear Russian troops are dying in Ukraine in much greater numbers than Ukrainian troops are, and for smaller gains. But whether that disparity matters is less clear.

Ukraine is a democracy and so are Ukraine’s major allies; decisions in these countries are subject to popular opinion. Russia by contrast is a democracy only in name; it essentially is illegal to run against Putin, and credible opponents usually end up dead or imprisoned.

Russia’s major allies—China, Iran and North Korea—also are authoritarian states. Short of violent revolution, public opinion in all of these countries is irrelevant. “There are many dissatisfied people in Russia, but they are finding it increasingly difficult to vent their displeasure,” Roland Bathon wrote in International Politics and Society.

So Russia can draft hundreds of thousands of men, and send them to die in Ukraine, without those losses undermining the war effort. At the same time, a slower-than-expected Ukrainian counteroffensive has given pro-Russian Republicans in the U.S. Congress all the rationale they need to justfiy vetoing future U.S. aid to Ukraine.

Ukrainians “have no future,” Putin recently laughed. “But we do have a future.” By “we,” he didn’t mean the tens of thousands of Russians who have died for his war of choice in Ukraine, of course. But then, Russian lives never mattered to Putin any more than Ukrainian lives mattered.

"Russia sucks."

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/ukraine-conflict-updates

Karolina Hird, Riley Bailey, Nicole Wolkov, Christina Harward, George Barros, and Frederick W. Kagan

December 21, 2023

The failure of Russian operations in Ukraine to achieve Russian President Vladimir Putin’s maximalist objectives thus far is not a permanent condition, and only continued Western support for Ukraine can ensure that Putin’s maximalist objectives remain unattainable.
ISW has assessed that the collapse of Western aid would likely lead to the eventual collapse of Ukraine’s ability to hold off the Russian military and that the current positional war in Ukraine is not a stable stalemate because the current instable balance could readily be tipped in either direction by decisions made in the West.
US National Security Council Spokesperson John Kirby stated that the White House assesses that Russian forces will be able to conduct offensive operations more easily when winter weather conditions become more conducive for mechanized maneuver warfare (likely in January–February 2024) — an assessment that is consistent with ISW’s observations and assessments about the tempo of fighting in Ukraine during the winter.
Russian forces conducted a series of drone strikes against Ukraine on the night of December 20 to 21.
Japan is reportedly preparing to revise its defense equipment export policy to backfill US stockpiles of Patriot missiles and UK artillery ammunition stores.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) objected to military exercises in Japan involving the Japanese military, possibly in an effort to deter or respond to the Japanese government’s decision to change its defense equipment export regulations.
The Uzbek Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) summoned Russian Ambassador to Uzbekistan Oleg Malginov after Russian ultranationalist and former Russian State Duma Deputy Zakhar Prilepin suggested that Russia should annex part of Uzbekistan, likely demonstrating post-Soviet countries’ concerns about intensifying Russian imperial designs against the backdrop of the war in Ukraine.
An investigation by Africa-based French-language outlet Jeune Afrique highlights the Kremlin's ongoing efforts to maintain and expand Russia's influence in the Central African Republic (CAR) and the Sahel while subsuming Wagner Group operations on the continent.
Russian President Vladimir Putin continues to formalize avenues for the deportation of Ukrainian children to Russia under the guise of humanitarian services.
Kremlin-appointed Commissioner on Children's Rights Maria Lvova-Belova continues to implicate herself in the deportation of Ukrainian children to Russia against the backdrop of the death of a 12-year-old Ukrainian girl in Russian custody.
The US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) announced a series of sanctions against oil traders with opaque ownership and a Russian-owned ship manager that have been helping Russia skirt the G7 price cap on Russian oil and petroleum products.
Russian forces made confirmed advances near Kreminna, Bakhmut, and Avdiivka and continued positional meeting engagements along the entire frontline.
The Russian government continues efforts to digitalize and organize conscription through a unified digital register as part of ongoing attempts to improve the effectiveness of issuing military summonses and prevent draft dodging.
Russian authorities are using Rosgvardia to perform law enforcement functions and strengthen occupational control in occupied Ukraine.

"Russia sucks."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/

Dropping TM-62s anti-tank mines from an octocopter on russian infantry groupings

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...tm62s_antitank_mines_from_an_octocopter/

Vodiane, southern flank of Avdiivka. Results of Russian assaults. Photos of Russian equipment

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...e_southern_flank_of_avdiivka_results_of/

The AFU repelled a fairly big Russian assault, reportedly in the Lyman-Kreminna direction. A mix of infantry and IFV's/APC's was held off with accurate usage of artillery and mortar fire, as well as cluster munition.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...u_repelled_a_fairly_big_russian_assault/

Ukrainian drone films dozens of KIA Russian soldiers after a failed attack near Stepove village, Avdiivka.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...inian_drone_films_dozens_of_kia_russian/

Russian APV hits a mine. The dead crew are scattered about. Then is catastrophically explodes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWar...ssian_apv_hits_a_mine_the_dead_crew_are/

"Russia sucks."

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Reddit??? I remember when Reddit pushed ghost of Kiev fiction and Putin died of cancer in 2021

Lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

Uneducated lazy union Biden voter.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

He and his ilk are too easy Bristoe, not much fun anymore.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Avdiivka's been taken for a month.

Just like Artemovsk, formerly known as Bahkmut, which the liberals also said would stand "now and forever", LOL, until it got renamed.

Town formerly had over 30k residents, now down to less than 1k.

Avdiivka was taken and is encircled like Artemovsk was, cuckraine keeps throwin troops at it ta "take it back", and die tryin.

cuck general zaluzhny fightin with Gaylensky, because zaluzhny knows Avd has fallen, but Gay won't give up on the fundraising propaganda.

Simple fact is, Russia's gone wherever it wants, and taken whatever it wants, just as you would expect.

Just another day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the funniest things is Ukraine's attempt to gain territory on the east side of the Dnieper near Kherson.

Russia knew better than to try to hold territory on the opposite side of the river, but Ukraine just said "Hold my beer".

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For what its worth, the fighting is still going on in Avdiivka, surrounded on 3 sides, but that was the case back in 2014. Nothing has changed except for the city being nearly totally destroyed. Taken, no not hardly. Fact is russian troops haven't moved at all.

Phil

Page 152 of 315 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 314 315

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 55 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,279
Posts18,525,570
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.