Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by TheKid
Of course I did get the grinder out and grind almost an entire deer this year. My wife shot a 9 year old buck that was leather tough so I made pastrami out of the loins and we ground the remainder. The steaks the boy and I tried off the loin were as tough as anything I’ve ever chewed on so it was the exception for us.

That's where a small can of pineapple juice in the marinade comes in. I read one of Godogs57's post about the pineapple juice and, damn, it is a great tenderizer.

Got a link to the full recipe? Or text me smile

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ate pan fried cube steak smothered in gravy tonight.....It was delicious............BTW on those older deer. If you hang them in the cooler for a week before processing you'll be surprised how tender they can get........I have my own cooler/grinder/cuber. I process my own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is a venison French rack, my son does these up for Christmas Eve supper.
Totally superb!
Cat
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Totally superb!
Cat

Interesting. How does he get that cut exactly? No butcher and I normally cut out the blackstraps and tenderloins separately and don’t do a lot with the ribs. That looks damn good and worth the foresight to make a different cut.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Totally superb!
Cat
I’m lukewarm about venison but that looks awesome.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I and my family really like venison, and now antelope too. Most people who don't like venison have eaten venison that wasn't taken care of properly after the kill and or was not cooked properly. I make our venison med rare and it is tender and delicious. I also have my butcher hang my deer for 5 or 6 days before he butchers it. If I didn't like venison I would not hunt deer.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Why even hunt if you don’t eat it? Serves no purpose otherwise.

Fück Joe byron
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Totally superb!
Cat
I’m lukewarm about venison but that looks awesome.

Must be democRat

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just had a venison burger omelet, cheese grits and wheat toast

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fixing to have venison sausage with breakfast if I can get off my backside and cook.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
I and my family really like venison, and now antelope too. Most people who don't like venison have eaten venison that wasn't taken care of properly after the kill and or was not cooked properly. I make our venison med rare and it is tender and delicious. I also have my butcher hang my deer for 5 or 6 days before he butchers it. If I didn't like venison I would not hunt deer.

Righteous Old fella !!

So much truth there.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Vac packed the 3rd deer;

Mongolian deer;

Deer stroganoff;

Stuffed peppers;

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Totally superb!
Cat

BOOM, Cat !!

Paul.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sometimes I don't use the game I kill myself, but give it to others who need or want it. A sin for some of you clowns I suppose. But I have done it for over 60 years and will continue.

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elk, deer and antelope, for us and the dogs.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You're good with me Hazen !

You & I go aways back !

smile

Paul.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks, 99. I used to give several antelope each year to an old couple who really probably had very little money. I had them skinned, ready to process when they were ready. They would tell me in early summer how many packages they had left till next season. I would always get a couple doe license for them. They are long gone now with most of my old timer friends. Now I guess I am the old timer, but fortunately, I can still get out and fill the freezer. Thanks again 99.

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Sometimes I don't use the game I kill myself, but give it to others who need or want it. A sin for some of you clowns I suppose. But I have done it for over 60 years and will continue.
How I used to be.

Bud and I killed 18 deer one season. Towards the end I was giving them to a guy who had a bunch of kids and little $$.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
How I used to be.

Bud and I killed 18 deer one season. Towards the end I was giving them to a guy who had a bunch of kids and little $$.

Nothing wrong with that. That's pretty darned American.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
PA has a program called hunters sharing the harvest. It alows hunters to donate deer to the program in conjunction with butcher shops that partivipate in the program, The hunters pays a small butcher fee and the butcher cuts and wraps the meat and gives it to the program who distributes the meat to the needy. When I was still on the job I had a list of needy folks that I would give road killed deer that were not very damaged and illegally taken and confiscated venison to. At one point in time I would give road kills crop damaged killed deer to the county prison. They were handy in the summer when deer did not last long without refrigeration and they were open 24 hours, I would pull up to the gate and announce game officer with a deer in to thespeaker on the wall and the outside gate would open, I would drive in and it would cose and the inside barbed wire gate would open and I went in. They would send prisoners out to get the deer and skin it and take it to the galley. The prisoners would be cheering out the windows because they like the venison. The prison ground most of it because they could make man meals out of ground meat. There came a time when there was a problem on an army base in the area and they had too many deer on the area and regular hunting could not be done so sharpshooters were going to reduce the herd . I got a call asking me how many deer I could get ris of. I called the prison warden and asked him how many deer he could handle. He aske me to come to his office. I did and he sadly told me that labor and industry had come into the prison to do an inspection and found over 100 lbs of meat labled venison. The told him they could not feed meat that was not government inspected to the prisoners, he apoligised and said he was not allowed to take deer any longer. Our goverment at work!

Last edited by oldtimr1; 01/03/24.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 10 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 739 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,511
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.