Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Let me guess you believe you spoke with another Millennial....lol

Nope, was trying to keep a long post short, but the firearms preferences are similar

Boomer fudds only talk about shooting guns, on average.

You must be hanging with the wrong Boomers, the ones I hang with cut their teeth on firearms.

Sadly for your generation, the Conservative vote is fading as the Boomers pass away.

I’m grateful I was born when I was, I worry about my son, nephews and granddaughter.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Nope, was trying to keep a long post short, but the firearms preferences are similar

You must be hanging with the wrong Boomers, the ones I hang with cut their teeth on firearms.

Sadly for your generation, the Conservative vote is fading as the Boomers pass away.

I’m grateful I was born when I was, I worry about my son, nephews and granddaughter.

Lol ya the 60s were so conservative. F ucking clowns.

So back on topic, how much did you blow on the piece of sheit?

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yes, the trigger on mine is just okay, and I don’t know about the 20 gauge pattern. But, I have killed a lot of soda cans with the .357 and have put up some reasonably good short range groups with mine. Sorry you guys got a hold of some bad ones…

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I hope Jackoff Handy fuqks with the wrong boomer one day, world will be a better place. I hope it happens soon.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
I hope Jackoff Handy fuqks with the wrong boomer one day, world will be a better place. I hope it happens soon.

Boo-f ucking-hoo whaaaa whaaaa

Ps won't happen. Boomies are couch riders

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Wishing you the best with the new toy. I picked up one about 7-8 years ago, very good external condition and from appearances internal would all good. .30-30 over 20 ga. Neither barrel shot worth poop, 7 days/week..... .30-30 shot very low and grouped about 5" at 25 yards. 20 ga shot very ragged patterns and at 20 yards the pattern center was about 2' high and left of POA.

That sounds very much like my experience with the .357/20ga I had, it was horrible, didn’t help any that the plastic trigger guard broke at the range.

I lucked out with my previous Mod 24 that my son has, the trigger was decent, the .22 is accurate and it patterned slugs lower but in the same vertical plane as the .22. Minute of pie plate at 100 yards with slugs but is was consistently minute of pie plate, not bad for a 20” 5 1/2lb gun.

The hard part is gonna be finding 20ga slugs to wring out this one.
Mike, I might have some 20 gauge slugs in my stash if you can't find any.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Cool find Birdie. I grew up shooting my dad's. His was a 22 mag 410 lotta fun with that gun.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Shot my first pheasant, first try with the 410/22, with plastic stock.

On the wing, even..... smile

I've never seen one with wood that nice. Good on you!

Last edited by las; 12/22/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool gun no matter what you paid for it.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s a pretty iconic gun. It is an affordable drilling made in America. They remain very popular.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
These type statements always seem a little stupid too me. If a millennial person owned this alleged gun store wouldn’t this millennial be face down in his phone all day like most of them are? You expect me to believe this same millennial owns a gun store and hasn’t bothered to take 3 seconds to look up the book value of the guns he sells while he’s already on his phone? Let alone maybe spending 5 seconds to check the prices on the big online gun sale sites. I think this whole back story is bullshite you found a gun you wanted and you paid what they asked which was probably more than you could have got it on Guns International but you don’t go on that site cause your scared they will steal your address and phone number lol.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
We have very different tastes about what a grail gun is. I hope it works ok for you. We had one in the family growing up. After it’s third trip to Savage it went away.

I have a nostalgia for the common 70’s era guns I knew. A previous grail gun was a clean Stevens 311 12ga sxs, birch stock, double triggers, 22” barrels. Handles like a 2x4 and kicks like a mule 🙂 I love that gun.

I’m still looking for a clean .22 Glenfield 25 bolt action rifle with a tubular magazine like my cousin had, we shot the heck out of that thing. I’ve found 7rd detachable magazine versions of the equivalent Marlin, but tubular mag versions must be much scarcer.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bay1975
These type statements always seem a little stupid too me. If a millennial person owned this alleged gun store wouldn’t this millennial be face down in his phone all day like most of them are? You expect me to believe this same millennial owns a gun store and hasn’t bothered to take 3 seconds to look up the book value of the guns he sells while he’s already on his phone? Let alone maybe spending 5 seconds to check the prices on the big online gun sale sites. I think this whole back story is bullshite you found a gun you wanted and you paid what they asked which was probably more than you could have got it on Guns International but you don’t go on that site cause your scared they will steal your address and phone number lol.

Having named the store I ain’t gonna digress further, suffice to say it’s a great place with an exceptionally friendly staff….. I enjoy shopping there.

I’m pretty sure it was Guns International I found my exceptionally nice hand-assembled Pedersoli Brown Bess, but it’s a flinter and could be shipped direct.

I have never purchased modern firearms on the ‘net, it’s a hassle and further expense lining up a third party with an FFL….. and I am a Boomer after all 🙂

Edited in as an aside: IMHO smartphones, more’n anything else, are what is killing Western Civilization through the effects on our youth.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 12/22/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Mike, I might have some 20 gauge slugs in my stash if you can't find any.

Hey thanks Rog, I have to rummage through my stash too, I’m thinking I kept a few boxes of that and buck in reserve.

One thing I’ve noticed already, the sights on this one are a lot fuzzier than the last one was.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
It’s a pretty iconic gun. It is an affordable drilling made in America. They remain very popular.
That.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Set down the eggnog for a while.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Set down the eggnog for a while.

He's a piece of sheit pig, he don't need the eggnog.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That.

Is it though?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
That.

Is it though?

It’s a barrel short but I knew what he meant.

Not everyone is a “mathman”😂

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

A drilling has three barrel. This is just a double. But I agree, they are pretty cool and probably underappreciated.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.