Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

Don't tell Boeing that...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

Don't tell Boeing that...

They know.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by gunzo
Hell! Made in Japan is likely the best way to go now. Ya can't count on the American or European companies to stay in house. Maybe it's not possible,,, for all practical purposes.

Taiwan or the Philippines not actually a bad place of mfr. considering China is last ditch IMO, but so many made there, what to do?

March,,, Nightforce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Japan. A hell of a thing. It used to mean The J.A. Pan Company.

The March website has this right on the main page:

"Deon Optical Design are the creators and designers of MARCH Rifle Scopes, which are all hand-built in Japan by Japanese craftsmen using only genuine Japanese made parts to achieve the highest optical standards possible."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Hell! Made in Japan is likely the best way to go now. Ya can't count on the American or European companies to stay in house. Maybe it's not possible,,, for all practical purposes.

Taiwan or the Philippines not actually a bad place of mfr. considering China is last ditch IMO, but so many made there, what to do?

March,,, Nightforce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Japan. A hell of a thing. It used to mean The J.A. Pan Company.

"Deon Optical Design are the creators and designers of MARCH Rifle Scopes, which are all hand-built in Japan by Japanese craftsmen using only genuine Japanese made parts to achieve the highest optical standards possible."

Nothing against March or the large number of Brands that peddle rebadged LOW scopes but nobody certifies that imported optics are truthful in Country of Origin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apparently, the FTC has some say over that in the US, as well. "Made in...", other than "Made in USA," denotes the country of last major transformation. In other words, a product can be made 90% in China then sent to Germany for the final 10% and then a "Made in Germany" label can be attached. With anything other than "Made in USA," you simply do not know what you are getting. You can only hope the seller is being thruthful in telling you.

"Made in USA" is completely different. The FTC can, and does, bring legal actions against companies using the "Made in USA" label when the product does not meet the FTC criteria for the label.

I applaud Leupold for doing what they do in the US. But the simple fact is, if most of their scope was actually made in the USA, they would proudly afix the "Made in USA" label to it, instead of the nebulous label they are using. It's not a knock against Leupold. It's just the way it is. When buying a Leupold, I am fine with the fact that I'm buying from an American company that does SOME of the work here in the US.

As far as Leupold's lens requirements being in excess of the capabilities of any US lens supplier, it would seems a single lens would be in excess of the capabilities of US lens makers. What lens maker is there in the US making lenses for rifle scopes? As far as I know, none. Lens makers in the US are prinicpally making lens for glasses, and specialty lenses for scientific insturments and weapons. I don't know of a single lens maker in the US making lenses for rifle scopes.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Nothing against March or the large number of Brands that peddle rebadged LOW scopes but nobody certifies that imported optics are truthful in Country of Origin.

Congratulations, your post is ignorant, and (I could not decide between xenophobic or racist, so I am embracing the power of "and"), xenophobic, and racist. Other countries have laws about truth in advertising and some of these are a lot stricter than the loosey, goosey ones here in the US. Also, it appears that you are saying that March riflescopes are rebadged LOW scopes, and nothing, but absolutely nothing, could be further from the truth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The scopes produced there are "rebadged"?

Interesting take...

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by drop_point

The scopes produced there are "rebadged"?

Interesting take...

March scopes are made by Deon.

Scopes that are made by LOW can be different brands.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Congratulations, your post is ignorant, and (I could not decide between xenophobic or racist, so I am embracing the power of "and"), xenophobic, and racist. Other countries have laws about truth in advertising and some of these are a lot stricter than the loosey, goosey ones here in the US. Also, it appears that you are saying that March riflescopes are rebadged LOW scopes, and nothing, but absolutely nothing, could be further from the truth.

You need to read a book on Reading Comprehension. While you're studying look into fake outrage, you gots lots.

Originally Posted by Japlvr
March scopes are made by Deon.

Scopes that are made by LOW can be different brands.

Those that know.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/23/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by robertham1
Which scope manufactures can put the “Made in America” label on their box?

Curious about that too. Good question and I apologize if I overlooked the answer to it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Curious about that too. Good question and I apologize if I overlooked the answer to it.

I don't have an exhaustive list. But some of Trijicon's optics (ACOGs, VCOGs, RMRs) meet the criteria and sport "Made In USA" on them, while other Trijicons are "Made in Japan." Night Force has some high end scopes that do as well. The NF USMC sniper scope that retails for over $5,000 is "Made in USA." There's probably others but "Made in USA" doesn't come cheap and they are almost certainly going to be high dollar scopes.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/23/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burris XTR III made in USA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Burris XTR III made in USA.

I understand they are "Designed, Machined and Assembled in USA." But that may be the newest offerings. If it says "Designed, Machined...", then it's not the same as "Made in USA."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

I don't have an exhaustive list. But some of Trijicon's optics (ACOGs, VCOGs, RMRs) meet the criteria and sport "Made In USA" on them, while other Trijicons are "Made in Japan." Night Force has some high end scopes that do as well. The NF USMC sniper scope that retails for over $5,000 is "Made in USA." There's probably others but "Made in USA" doesn't come cheap and they are almost certainly going to be high dollar scopes.

Got a link for Made in USA Nightforce scopes?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
A Wizard could find that link

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
A Wizard could find that link

Might be a clue?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The ATACR scopes are supposedly Made in the USA. This scope below is. It has to be by law to purchased by the US Gov't.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026663776?pid=716402

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

A cite from Nightforce. Not a resellers website.

Just cause it's funny to rub noses in poop here is Midways page for a Leupold.

Made in USA Leupold

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm starting to see why you have the reputation you do.

That "Made In USA" is a federally protected label. If Leupold starts selling their military scope, perhaps we'll see the same on a Leupold box.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now show may ANY recently produced Leupold that is for sale to the general public with the same label. Not a "Desinged, Machined and Assembled in USA" label that means nothing.

Just in case you are confused between "Made In USA" and some ginned up label intended to obfuscate the real origin of a product, the FTC has a nice site on the issue. Read it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ATACR scopes are supposedly Made in the USA. This scope below is. It has to be by law to purchased by the US Gov't.

Nice edit and backpeddle.

You ran your suck about things you didn't understand and got called on it by THE WIZARD. It's a common story.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.