-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After 500 trouble free rounds to break it in, my PCR did go to CGW for their Pro Package to get rid of the trigger slap. The only thing that I'd do differently is opt for their more rounded hammer profile instead of the squared off hammer. Their armorer did give me a phone call to make sure that I would be happy with a 2.5# adjusted trigger pull which I thought was good customer service.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JGray, what grips on your P-01? I likey....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’ve had several pistols that are along the lines of the JMB 45 grip angle. It seems that a good number of pistols are designed this way. A majority? I don’t know.

I have a CZ 75 compact. I have never had a pistol point and come naturally to the eye like this pistol. I know that this is subjective but this particular design feels as though it was built for me.

I recently purchased a Springfield XDM Elite OSP. It points well but is just a bit less natural than the CZ. With that CZ made a 10 mm on a frame similar in size to a 75.

What’s the pistol that is most natural for you?

I love my CZ's. The only CZ75 I did not like was a 40 S&W. I was hoping it would be better than my 3rd gen smith, or the XDM, but I hated it. Sold it 3 weeks after I bought it, and that is not like me at all. Also love the 365 XL with red dot. Extremely accurate and natural pointing.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Beretta 92’s point the most naturally for me. I’m not that crazy about the pistol or the shortish thick grip frame but somehow it points more naturally than any other pistol that I own despite not feeling great in hand.

I really like the CZ Shadow, it’s one of my favorite range guns. I’m a fan of CZ pistols and CZ products overall. CZ and FN are usually two of my favorites.

A lot of people dislike how Glocks point but the way that the grip naturally rides up into the web of the hand and the lower bore axis works really well for me. If I were splitting hairs I’d agree that it’s not quite ideal for slow deliberate bullseye style shooting but that isn’t the intended purpose.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by Windfall
After a good deal of reading and research, I too ordered a CZ 75 PCR Compact. Cajun GUN Works works on all the CZ handguns and they named the CZ 75 PCR Compact as their favorite carry pistol. Mannlicher has one too and recommended adding the Dawson fiber optic sights and that combination has been excellent.
While only a .380 ACP, my little stainless Colt Government MK IV Series 80 points and shoots well. I have a pretty good size mitt on me, so that longer grip works better than the shorter Mustang or Pony Colts that I've handled. I do prefer the hammer fired semi-autos.
Get a trigger and short re-set job from CGW or CZ Custom and you’ll love this pistol even more.

Absolutely.

IC B2

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The Beretta 92’s point the most naturally for me. I’m not that crazy about the pistol or the shortish thick grip frame but somehow it points more naturally than any other pistol that I own despite not feeling great in hand.

I really like the CZ Shadow, it’s one of my favorite range guns. I’m a fan of CZ pistols and CZ products overall. CZ and FN are usually two of my favorites.

A lot of people dislike how Glocks point but the way that the grip naturally rides up into the web of the hand and the lower bore axis works really well for me. If I were splitting hairs I’d agree that it’s not quite ideal for slow deliberate bullseye style shooting but that isn’t the intended purpose.

In spite of the grip do you shoot it well because of the way it points?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
JGray, what grips on your P-01? I likey....

Sorry hunts, just saw your post - they are LOK grips (Ridgeback pattern, brown/black). I was actually copying you after you'd posted a Buckmark with similar grips (as well as your two above) grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by JGray; 12/28/23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,258
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.