Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Your promises oh LORD are sure, true and faithful, Amen!

Luke‬ ‭4‬:‭16‬-‭18‬, ‭20‬-‭22‬ ‭NKJV

”So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”“
‭‭‬‬

Last edited by Jahrs; 12/25/23.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Shalom

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by akrange
Shalom

עוֹשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם בִּמְרוֹמָיו, הוּא יַעֲשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם עַלֵינוּ, וְעַל כָּל יִשְׂרָאֵל וְאִמְרוּ אָמֵן

C.H. Spurgeon
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Isaiah 53, also. 700 BC.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+53&version=KJV

excerpt:

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great posts Jahrs and Bristoe. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by akrange
Shalom

עוֹשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם בִּמְרוֹמָיו, הוּא יַעֲשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם עַלֵינוּ, וְעַל כָּל יִשְׂרָאֵל וְאִמְרוּ אָמֵן

Peace Be Given to All ..

All that Accept Salvation..

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
An interesting take on the book of Isaiah.

A miniature Bible

Some Bible scholars regard the book of Isaiah as a miniature Bible for the following reasons:

There are 66 chapters in the book of Isaiah and 66 books that make up the Bible.
The content of each chapter in Isaiah closely parallels the content of the corresponding book in the Bible. Example: Genesis (1st book in the Bible) corresponds with Isaiah chapter 1, Exodus with Isaiah 2 etc…
Just as the Bible is split into the Old testament (39 books) and the New Testament (27 books), the Book of Isaiah is split into 2 parts. Chapters 1-39 are seen as the “Book of Judgement,” and (like the Old Testament) are filled with messages of judgement upon sinners. The last 27 chapters of this book (chapters 40-66) are known as the “Book of Comfort.” These 27 chapters (like the New Testament) preach a message of hope of the gospel.
Upon reading the book of Isaiah in this light, many parallels between each chapter of Isaiah and the corresponding book of the Bible are clearly seen. Let us look at just a few of these connections in this inspired book.

Genesis, the first book of the Bible, begins with the story of creation and man’s rebellion (Genesis 1-3). The first chapter of Isaiah begins with a reminder of creation and the rebellion of God’s people (Isaiah 1:2). The book of Genesis goes on to tell the stories of God’s relationship with His people, such as that of Abraham as well as the judgement of sinners, such as Sodom and Gamorah. An interesting connection between these two is the same promise of good land made between God and Abraham is mentioned (Isaiah 1:19; Genesis 15:7) as well as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Isaiah 1:9-10; Genesis 19:15,24).

In the book of Exodus, God’s people are brought out of captivity in Egypt and led to a mountain where they are given the law (Exodus 19:20, 20:1-17). In Isaiah 2 we see God’s people being called out of a land of idols to a mountain and pointed to the law. “And many people shall go and say, come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem” (Isaiah 2:3, see also verses 5-8). Exodus also tells of the destruction of the proud Pharaoh who said “Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice…” (Exodus 5:2 ). This corresponds with the clear message in Isaiah 2 , ”For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low” (verse 12).

Isaiah presents the word “Gospel” in chapter 40 corresponding to the 40th book of the Bible, Matthew. Matthew is the first book of the New Testament as well as the first of the four Gospel books. In chapter 40, Isaiah uses the same words spoken by John the Baptist – the announcer of the Gospel. “The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God” (Isaiah 40:3, Matthew 3:3).

In addition, Isaiah 66 and Revelation demonstrate clear parallels, as they both: tell God’s people to study His Word (Isaiah 66:2,5, Revelation 1:3), speaks of God’s people being priests (Isaiah 66: 21, Revelation 1:6), give the promise of a new heaven and earth (Isaiah 66:22-23, Revelation 21:2, 22-23) and warn the wicked of judgement (Isaiah 66:4-6, 16, 24; Revelation 16:5-21; 20:15; 21:8, 22:18). The promise of a new earth is a blessing to those who put their trust in God. “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain” (Isaiah 66:22). “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea….He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son” (Revelation 21:1, 7).

While these are interesting connections, what is even more interesting is how God inspired Isaiah to write this book 770 years before the gospel was heralded. It is yet another reason why we can trust the Bible as an inspired book.

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning…”.

Isaiah 46:9-10

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's interesting Jahrs, I'd never heard that. Thanks for that info.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Except there are 73 books in the Bible.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet that if a non-believer posted some quotes, you book pounders would have a conniption, wouldn't you?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post 'em up!

We'll explain them to you.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I bet that if a non-believer posted some quotes, you book pounders would have a conniption, wouldn't you?

Nah. I wouldn't. Anybody who believes that something as complex as a human body spontaneously sprung up out of a chunk of barren rock isn't worth getting all worked up about.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you Jahrs.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Post 'em up!

Well,...no. You might as well try to explain MacBook to a June bug.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Post 'em up!

Well,...no. You might as well try to explain MacBook to a June bug.
Perhaps. I've been meditating on that lately. Jesus is perfect Truth. Being God, even Moses couldn't look Him in the face. And so it is with us. The further we are from Jesus, the less we can bear the truth.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Post 'em up!

I’ve always wondered if the dinosaurs were mentioned in the Bible. I have friends that know the Bible well, but have never explained that too me. I know 2 guys that know the Bible well and they claim dinosaurs never existed in which I believe they did. Alan

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Post 'em up!

I’ve always wondered if the dinosaurs were mentioned in the Bible. I have friends that know the Bible well, but have never explained that too me. I know 2 guys that know the Bible well and they claim dinosaurs never existed in which I believe they did. Alan

There does appear to be references. Here is one of them:

Job 40: 15-24

”“Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, And his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, His ribs like bars of iron. He is the first of the ways of God; Only He who made him can bring near His sword. Surely the mountains yield food for him, And all the beasts of the field play there. He lies under the lotus trees, In a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; The willows by the brook surround him. Indeed the river may rage, Yet he is not disturbed; He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, Though he takes it in his eyes, Or one pierces his nose with a snare.“

C.H. Spurgeon
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Post 'em up!

There does appear to be references. Here is one of them:

Job 40: 15-24

”“Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, And his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, His ribs like bars of iron. He is the first of the ways of God; Only He who made him can bring near His sword. Surely the mountains yield food for him, And all the beasts of the field play there. He lies under the lotus trees, In a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; The willows by the brook surround him. Indeed the river may rage, Yet he is not disturbed; He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, Though he takes it in his eyes, Or one pierces his nose with a snare.“

Except that many dinosaurs were quite small. And they didn't eat grass. Grass had not yet evolved.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Job 41 is all about Laviathan possibly a fire breathing dragon.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=job%2041&version=NIV

C.H. Spurgeon
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Nah. I wouldn't. Anybody who believes that something as complex as a human body spontaneously sprung up out of a chunk of barren rock isn't worth getting all worked up about.

It's a good thing that nobody makes that claim except the theist who believes in magical creation from nothing. wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6mmCreedmoor, 35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.