R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by rost495
wife and I have both a gun and knife on us probably 95% of the time if we are clothed and out of the house. Mostly inside the house too for that matter.

If I reach for a knife and there isn't one I'm lost. Wife is too. I sharpen her about 6 or so for the 6 or more months a year I"m gone. So she has sharp ones at hand. to top that off she carries an automatic d2 steel one for defense along with any of her guns.

Key chains usually have seat belt cutters and glass breakers on them, though the glass breaker part has to be used multiple times to break auto glass usually. sOmetimes you swear it won't work at all.

When you move Alaska? Last time we talked you were in Texas I believe!
Resident since 2019. But a snowbird so am in TX for some months in the winter and always will be. Wife decided the winters are too dark to be there year around. Works out just fine for me.

K Be careful up thar! Thar bees injuns in dem hills Pilgrum! Lol

injuns ok. bears this past year were a bit wild lets say. Never had that many run ins with bears as 23. all well though. Well not all of the bears though... lol

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yeah currently a CRKT Thero. I've carried a lot of different knives over the years. Buck, Camillus, Boker and some others.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Semi related- what's the deal with the younger
people not wanting anything in their pockets?
That's what they're for
Just like belt loops are for a belt to thread through

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been carrying a Camillus Stockman since I was ten years old and my dad gave it to me for Christmas. Other than on an airplane or going into a Federal or State courthouse, I am never without it. Razor sharp and still "walks and talks" just as it did when I received it. A million uses since 1947. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
only since about age 12.

of course, back then were were no rules against having one at school, or about any other place

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every day since I was 8

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Always, unless I'm asleep or in the shower. Drives me nuts to get on a plane or go inside the grandkids school.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Always since about 10

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Lslite
Always, unless I'm asleep or in the shower. Drives me nuts to get on a plane or go inside the grandkids school.
Originally Posted by Lslite

Know all about that! Going Vet Hospital soon to get new hearing aids and can't tote knife/pistol so gotta damn nigh undress to get in the door!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a class picture from 4th grade with several of of us in Cub Scout uniforms carrying our Official Cub Scout knives clipped to our belts, that would have been around age 9 or 10. Have carried pocket knives of various sizes all through high school and into college and the Army and back into civilian life.

Currently carry three, a big Kershaw pocket clip, a very small Buck and a tiny Swiss army knife. The latter two mostly serve as key chain fobs when not in actual use.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Ive carried a pocket knife since i was a kid. 2 of them lasted me 40 years. A Kabar Muskrat skinner and a Buck 313 bought both in as a kid. The muskrat skinner got lost after many years, when it flew of my front shirt pocket jumping across a trout stream. The buck got retired a while back when the nail groove got so shallow I couldn’t open it anymore. These days I have a rotation depending on the day. The most picked are a Rat2 or Montana Knives Speed Goat or Mini fixed blades. Kinda getting fond of carrying them in my pocket or as a necker. Some others that make it out some are a benchmade mini grip, a Spyderco Paramilitary. I always have at least one on me. How do people open packages or clean their fingernails without a knife? Or cut off a hunk of deer sausage and cheese? Those people lucky to be alive.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
USA made Winchester 3 blade Stockman had been my constant companion for decades now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Original Leatherman, always.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't be without a pocket knife. I carry a cheap Walmart special 99% of the time. It seems I lose pocket knives a lot. I'm not giving up one of my good ones.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All the time. People who know me are aware of this and count on it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Always.

Right now it's between the two folders I haven't lost yet, a Kershaw something and a Rat 2. Funny thing is that the first carry knife I ever had, a Barlow, is the only one (other than these two) that I've never lost.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image host

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ontario Rat 2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Never could understand grown men in the workplace without a pocket knife and something to write with.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I guess I'm odd man out. Haven't carried a pocket knife since i was in the boy scouts. Never saw the need for one or wished I'd had one.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
Books, Jim Shockley book and Bullet Garden by Stephan Hunter. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 50 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,516
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.