-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And if ya’ wanna know how Jesus goes, ya’ don’t cross-examine ‘the Bible’. This is where the new atheists are wrong. You gotta cross-examine the separate and independent book that Matthew wrote…all by itself, not ‘the Bible’…but Matthew. And when you’re done with Matthew, then you have to take on the separate and independent book that Mark wrote; Mark got his information from Peter who was an eyewitness. Then when you’re done with Mark you gotta go on to the separate and independent books that Luke wrote; Luke said he thoroughly investigated all of these things so we’d have an orderly account of what happened. And then you gotta get to the separate and independent books that John wrote; John was an eyewitness, and then you gotta get to the separate and independent books that Peter wrote; he wrote two letters and was an was an eyewitness.

And then you gotta get to the separate and independent book that James wrote. What would your brother have to do to convince you that he was the Son of God…? James shows up late in the story, he doesn’t show up until after the resurrection. He shows up as a leader of the church in Jerusalem. Josephus tells us that he was stoned to death; James dies believing that his brother is his Lord. Now go to the separate and independent books that Paul wrote; he wrote some of the earliest Christian literature. He steps into the pages of history as someone who hates Christians. He decides he’s gonna single-handedly put this new thing out of business. And Saul of Tarsus became the missionary and the advocate to the Gentiles.

And he (Paul) tells everyone that the whole thing rises and falls on the resurrection of Jesus ~ who punctuated everything that He said and taught when He rose from the dead. It only makes sense to tether the faith of Christianity to the EVENT that sparked the MOVEMENT that brought us the BIBLE.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We don't need so many brains, remember the thief on the Cross.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by antlers
When somebody predicts their own death and resurrection…and pulls it off…I’m gonna go along with whatever that person says.

Pity then that has never happened. Jesus was just another failed apocalyptic.

Meh, just another flagrantly wrong opinion from one who cannot see.

The gospels give a timeline for the return of Jesus in power and glory for all to see, to judge each man according to their deeds, etc...but it didn't happen within the promised timeframe. Two thousand years pass and some still wait.

You have … previously…made the claim that the gospels provided a time line for return of Jesus. You held to the position that He did not return in the timeline as you see it.

I then patiently explained how you were interpreting the scriptures in error. You were not accepting of that and you continue in error.

Again, you are flat out wrong.

Last edited by TF49; 12/25/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Antlers makes a lot of sense. The resurrection is the thing of Christianity. Never mind the myths and fables of Genesis, including the ridiculous flood story.

Did the resurrection actually occur? Nobody can know for certain. But an awful lot of people 2000 years ago believed it did, for whatever reason. An unlikely story like that must have been accompanied by proof of some kind, not just hearsay. How else could an "alien" religion conquer the Roman Empire?

One thing (actually among some others) bothers me. It's pretty evident that the early Christians thought that the second coming of Jesus would happen during their lifetimes. They were wrong. Could they have been wrong about other things as well?

The so-called Christians who try to force us to believe in every last word of the Bible, including the Old Testament myths, are driving educated people away from Christianity. And for the wrong reasons. Are you listening, Ringman?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
When somebody predicts their own death and resurrection…and pulls it off…I’m gonna go along with whatever that person says.

It really surprises me (not really) that so many people with such strong opinions of Christianity are so obviously ignorant of the true facts surrounding both Jesus and the New Testament.

“True facts?” There are those that cannot contemplate the existence of both a physical universe and a non-corporeal universe.

They try….try….to choose not to see nor acknowledge the existence of a “non-physical” world.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4. NLT

“If the Good News we preach is veiled from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing. Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don’t understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.”

The Good News is that the blind man may yet see that glory and have the infilling of Jesus.

You can break through the blindness!

Seek ….honestly ……and find. Don’t seek and don’t find.

See the experience of the thief on the cross…. Acknowledged his sin….saw his need forgiveness…saw Jesus in true light….then simply asked Jesus to remember him.

Now, a special note for those who may be offended by my posts and have let me know it….Good! I am glad that you are reading them…… but if someone doesn’t care for what I say, you can protect yourself from offense by not clicking on Christian themed threads… or putting me on ignore.

A Blessed Christmas to all!

Now, here's a post I can sink my teeth into.

There are those that cannot contemplate the existence of both a physical universe and a non-corporeal universe.

Yes, there are more than a few of us. Non-corporeal equates to non-existent equates to a figment of imagination. All things within the universe must conform to the laws of Physics within that universe.

We are conceived.
We are born.
We learn and develop a mind.
A soul is defined as a thinking cognizant mind.
We die, and that cognizance ceases to exist.
That's all there is to it. You better make you existence on this Earth a good one, because this is Heaven. There is no other.

Well… making your beliefs clear…..ok.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

The gospels give a timeline for the return of Jesus in power and glory for all to see, to judge each man according to their deeds, etc...but it didn't happen within the promised timeframe. Two thousand years pass and some still wait.

You have … previously…made the claim that the gospels provided a time line for return of Jesus. You held to the position that He did not return in the timeline as you see it.

It's not a question of how I ''see it,'' but what is written for all to see and read.

I then patiently explained how you were interpreting the scriptures in error. You were not accepting of that and you continue in error.

That's your Mantra. You explain nothing, be it 'patiently' or not. You ignore what is written and promised, only to make excuses that do nothing to address the issue.

Based on what is written, that is clearly you;

''Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

''Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

''Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.“ (Luke 21:27-32)

''Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.“” (Matthew 26: 63, 64)

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

“The end of all things is near…” (1 Peter 4:7)

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

LOL!!! You're the one "seeing things". We know Jesus probably existed and that he was likely just another failed apocalyptic. All the rest about him in the bible doesn't have any supporting evidence to raise it above the credibility of being total crap - that's just the fact of the matter. The empowering ignore effect of indoctrination makes you see the things that aren't there.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It's not a question of how I ''see it,'' but what is written for all to see and read.

That's your Mantra. You explain nothing, be it 'patiently' or not. You ignore what is written and promised, only to make excuses that do nothing to address the issue.

''Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

''Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

''Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.“ (Luke 21:27-32)

''Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.“” (Matthew 26: 63, 64)

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

Like I explained to you before…. Two different events….two different times…. You don’t get it and you continually practice eisegesis…..you take your own bias ….which is in error and try to find scriptures to support your bias…..

Although you can cut and paste, you very poor at even basic hermeneutics.

Those that are not biblically illiterate pay no attention to what you post.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

LOL!!! You're the one "seeing things". We know Jesus probably existed and that he was likely just another failed apocalyptic. All the rest about him in the bible doesn't have any supporting evidence to raise it above the credibility of being total crap - that's just the fact of the matter. The empowering ignore effect of indoctrination makes you see the things that aren't there.

Meh, just another meaningless opinion from an enthusiastic internet infidel.

Nothing to see here….. move along.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon

You do realize “how” and “approximately” when the New Testament was written?… It’s a “story” … best “guess” is that it was written at least a couple hundred years after all the major characters had passed.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by wabigoon

You do realize “how” and “approximately” when the New Testament was written?… It’s a “story” … best “guess” is that it was written at least a couple hundred years after all the major characters had passed.

While none of the writers were likely eye witnesses, the gospels were not written quite as long after the death and alleged resurrection as you say. The earliest was possibly 35 years after that, and the latest more like 70 years. Many of the letters of Paul appear to be genuine although some do date as much as 150 or 200 years later. There is a lot to question based on what we know. The language and dates of the gospels make it exceedingly unlikely that they were written by their eponymous apostles. If the naming was a marketing ploy it brings into question the validity of the content as well.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Like I explained to you before…. Two different events….two different times…. You don’t get it and you continually practice eisegesis…..you take your own bias ….which is in error and try to find scriptures to support your bias…..

Perhaps you could take the time to explain how the 'cut and pasted' examples are incorrectly interpreted rather than throwing around words like eisegesis and hermeneutics.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

What you said was crock the first time and it was crock each and every time since, including now.

It doesn't take a whole lot of comprehension to understand that when an event is described and a timeframe for that event is given in the following sentence, that the timeframe is given in reference to the described event....and not some entirely different event like the transfigeration.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Perhaps you could take the time to explain how the 'cut and pasted' examples are incorrectly interpreted rather than throwing around words like eisegesis and hermeneutics.

They are quotes from the gospels that give a timeframe for the event described in the preceding paragraphs.

They say and mean precisely what you see and read, that that generation, some of those standing there would still be alive to witness the return of Jesus in power and glory for all the tribes on earth to see, to judge each man according to their deeds, etc.

That is what is written and that is what the first generation Christians believed and expected.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hard to fathom how bible crap is not flushed where it belongs.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Be interesting to hear the non believers theories of the origins of the universe and life. I bet it’s EXTREMELY believable LOL!

More believable than a Magic Man who lives in Heaven creating the universe with a command.

But is it really?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Meh, just another meaningless opinion from an enthusiastic internet infidel.

Nothing to see here….. move along.

Meh, no god to be found anywhere...try and get over it.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Be interesting to hear the non believers theories of the origins of the universe and life. I bet it’s EXTREMELY believable LOL!

More believable than a Magic Man who lives in Heaven creating the universe with a command.

But is it really?

Why would physics and chemistry not be? In fact you don't need faith or belief. We have a fossil record, molecular and genetic evidence for natural evolution, yet nothing to support special creation outside of what is written in old scrolls by the ancients.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"The Lord works in strange, and mysterious ways."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,719 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,196
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.