Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Anyone have any dealings with The Custom Shop in Hamilton Montana?

If so, were you satisfied with the transaction?

Thanks

Last edited by dale06; 12/26/23.

NRA Patron

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have not but will give you a free bump.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you might edit your thread title so folks don't just think it's a general post about "gunsmithing"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad
you might edit your thread title so folks don't just think it's a general post about "gunsmithing"?

Thanks
Did so.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
cool

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Run Forrest Run. I have had one dealing never the F again with those So called Sako experts .

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dale06
Anyone have any dealings with The Custom Shop in Hamilton Montana?

If so, were you satisfied with the transaction?

Thanks

I've purchased a few Sako items from them over the past couple years. They're proud of their stuff (pricey and don't negotiate) but I was satisfied with their service.

Tarquin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bought a pad from them, box arrived empty, but they sent another promptly,

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I grew up 17 miles north of them. Never been in the store. I have stopped by a few times in recent years but they have always been closed.

It seems they deal mainly with high end rare guns and old west antiquities. I suspect they buy a lot from estates and deal with the rich locals, but that's just a guess. They have a good name for themselves but it may be just because of the show they hosted

Last edited by T_Inman; 12/26/23. Reason: past tense....

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Didn't the Custom Shop in Hamilton have a short lived cable show on Outdoor Channel some years ago? If so, owner was a NJ or NY runaway to Montana, thought he knew all there was on guns, collectable guns and gunsmithing, what a joke. He wouldn't last a day on the fire. I've seen his ads on GI, 3x market value and leans toward buyers with deep pockets than common sense like Tony Galazan in the Northeast. So many firearms have been entering the market the last year with baby boomers getting too old and selling off their collections plenty of guns and dealers to choose from now over those with shaky reputation.

IC B3

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I wouldn’t criticize any anyone for leaving NY/NJ for Montana.
I believe he still has a show on the Outdoor Channel, called The Gun Father.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The show is long gone. Might have lasted 3 seasons and was as bad as TV could get.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by callnum
The show is long gone. Might have lasted 3 seasons and was as bad as TV could get.

I bet the anti gun nut you are Ryan Busse you had it shut down Why is your head shaped like a giant penis??

So the homo Hettick can lick it??

Lol

[video:rumble]
[/video]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka

I bet the anti gun nut you are Ryan Busse you had it shut down Why is your head shaped like a giant penis??

Lol

[/video]

Why does everyone at Kootenai Medical and Black Sheep here in CDA refer to you as the biggest liar in the PNW?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka

Lol

[/video]

Why does everyone at Kootenai Medical and Black Sheep here in CDA refer to you as the biggest liar in the PNW?

Busse thank God kimber schit canned your fat lazy azz before you destroyed this company

What’s up with pedophiles transplants like you sexualizing Montana children??

https://www.montanarightnow.com/gre...95db874-7e84-11e9-a229-8b1a0972cbb5.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To hear someone who is supposedly on the side of gun rights use a term like “Gun Show Loophole” whizzes me off royally. That’s even worse than “assault weapon”!
The is no such phuqing thing as a “Gun Show Loophole”!
What they’re describing with it is in actuality, a person to person private transfer of ownership. Private sales is the target. When private sales are outlawed it requires a buyer and a seller to transfer a gun through a dealer for a background check, giving the state a nice way of tracking who has firearms. Back door registration, in other words.
Things like a father giving his son or daughter a cherished hunting rifle or shotgun would be (are in some places) illegal.
Phuqing liars, switching words around in order to sell people a phuqing lie.
Drag Queen Story Hour is another great one! It’s homosexuals and pedophiles recruiting children. Notice how it’s always little kids, never old people in homes or people who have lost their sight.
There’s an old saying. “Don’t piss down my back and tell me it raining!”
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Louie is a typical New York personality wrapped up in a “T” shirt with a bald head. Teresa, his wife (I don’t know if they are still married) is a nice person. The guy in charge of listing and photographing their guns is a nice guy too. Louie is so full of himself it it’s hard to take much of him.

If you get past his personality, he is tolerable. I have done several deals with him and it is like pulling the cheese off a mouse trap, you have to be careful and quick. One deal we made, he took 2 Sako deluxe rifles on a trade that he consigned and sold for me at no cost to me. I got a real rare Sako deluxe in 6mm PPC from him in that trade.

I have sold him stuff too and he remembers me when we have made those deals. He has access to a real good staff to restore guns to nearly perfect condition. Many of the Sako deluxe stocks are made by him. He can also restore a Colt Python to new condition. He does deal with some exclusive people in his business and he sells all of his stuff at an extremely high price point, but his clientele can afford it.

If he has something you like or want, you need to be aware of it’s condition and history, because he can reproduce a Sako deluxe to such perfect condition, you have to be an expert to tell that it is redone or not.

Buyer beware, but I would still deal with him because I have gotten some good guns from him and he has even bought some from me…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bought a couple items from them....very $$$$$$$$.

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I appreciate all of the replies/comments. They don’t sound like a customer orientated company. If I proceed, it will be with extreme caution.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
I appreciate all of the replies/comments. They don’t sound like a customer orientated company. If I proceed, it will be with extreme caution.

If you ever have a chance to visit their store, do it. It is a really nice store, but they will only open for you with an appointment…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,536
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.