Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I just don't have a need for this fine rifle and I haven't shot it since the summer of 2022.

It started as a BACO 270 Win Ultimate Shadow CRF. JES rebored it in 2020 to 35 Whelen 1:14 ROT and trimmed the barrel down to 23" (just because I couldn't decide if I needed 22" or 24"). Hino (fellow CF member) cerakoted it in Titanium. I replaced the factory stock with a B&C Extreme Weather stock I bought here. Larry Racine milled out some of the aluminum bedding block to make room for Acraglass and he bedded it nicely. John Boy painted the stock. I installed a Timney trigger.

I have around 200 rounds fired since the rebore and the barrel is alot smoother and doesn't copper foul much if any at all. I cleaned it properly and applied DBC to the bore in the summer of 2022 and I fired the requisite 8-10 rounds afterwards.

I would prefer to keep the Leupold scope for future use but I will include the Talley lightweight bases/rings. I have a bunch of primed brass of mixed headstamp. Most of it's new and has been annealed. I also have some fired brass and some formed 30-06 brass. I handloaded a bunch of ammo and will sell that too. Fire it at your own risk or break it down for the components. More bullets and Hornady dies are available to the buyer. We can work that out after a sale agreement is made.

Asking $1175 shipped CONUS for the rifle and rings. Your FFL must accept from an individual. Shipping to AK, CA, HI or any other distant or difficult state may require more a shipping adjustment. I will pack the packages exceedingly well and photo document every step of the process.

Components and ammo is another $500 shipped via USPS and UPS. Again, packed exceedingly well with plenty of padding and tape.

I won't sell any of the ammo or components until after the rifle sells. Prices listed in the pictures are for reference only.

Feel free to make an offer on the whole package. It's the Holiday Season and I'm feeling generous. I can send any pictures you'd like to see via text. PM me your number.

Rifle pictures:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/YjGJtHh

Targets:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/28hrgsB

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Medics bury their mistakes..
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Put me in line for the accubonds, TTSX and 78 pieces of brass once the rifle sells please.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bbassi
Put me in line for the accubonds, TTSX and 78 pieces of brass once the rifle sells please.

Will do Brent.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
GLWS! Fantastic rifle at a great price. I'd say a steal. Couldn't build it for that price. Have two Whelens myself and don't wanna know what I put in them. See how long yours lasts.......

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Belvedere2
GLWS! Fantastic rifle at a great price. I'd say a steal. Couldn't build it for that price. Have two Whelens myself and don't wanna know what I put in them. See how long yours lasts.......

I hear ya! Considering a low price of say $700 for the base rifle, $300 for the rebore and crown, $100 for the Timney, $65 for the stock paint, $150 for the bedding, $100 for the cerakote, and $50 for the rings it is a deal. I can't remember what I paid for the stock. Maybe I shouldn't have priced it so low??

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice rifle Dinny.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by railman58
Nice rifle Dinny.

Thanks Dan!

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Up

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I have 1 or 2 gentlemen interested in this. If we don't get a deal worked out next week after I return from my travels I'll just buy another safe and keep it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Is the action and barrel SS? Excuse my ignorance

Buy once, cry once.
IC B3

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Is the action and barrel SS? Excuse my ignorance

No, they were blued. They're coated with cerakote titanium now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.