-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I own an NL Pure 12x42 and like it so much am considering adding an NL 10x32 to the stable. Does anyone here with first-hand experience care to comment about the smaller Swaro optic? Any info will be appreciated.

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm in a similar boat but am thinking of one of the '32' models with the rangefinder. Will follow this thread to see everyone's thoughts.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Optics in the NL pure are the very best out in the market. I think Shrapnel has the new 8x32 Swaro rangefinder’s, search his posts for his review.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have NL 10x32 (green) and 8x32 (orange)

Quality, clarity and crispness is as expected from Swarovski. I like the lighter weight compared to the larger objective models.

I've used Zeiss 8x30B IF Dialyt binos since 1976. I like the individual focus eyepieces better than the Swarovski center focus. They stay focused all the time.

The NL's need to be focused each time you put them up to look. That's a pain in the ass adjusting constantly.

Personally i like a separate rangefinder from binos. Many guys want one thing to do both jobs. They are to bulky for my liking.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I hunt in the Adirondack forest so my rages are pretty short and I typically still hunt by myself. I bought a set of 8x32s this year and am amazed by them. They're also the first set of top quality binoculars I've owned, but every time I look through them I get that "Wow" feeling.

I chose the smaller 32s because of their smaller size and lower weight. I've purposely looked through them after legal shooting light and could see better through them than the Leupold (33 or 40 objective) so the smaller binocular objective would be no handicap at all.

I like everything about them, including field of view, and have never wished that I'd have gotten the 8x42s. I don't feel like they're a compromise for me in any way.

Good luck with your decision. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Frank

Last edited by fshaw; 12/26/23.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look at Zeiss SFL's. I had 8x32 NL Pures and like the 8x40 SFL's more in every way. Smaller, lighter, larger exit pupil, brighter. I can't tell any real world use difference in glass quality though I'm sure the NL's have slightly better marks in resolution.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm not as old as dirt but it was still considered "new" when I was born. Have owned and used Zeiss (early '70's through mid-'80's) then switched to Leicas (various models) up until two years ago. I tried the 12X42 NL Pure binoculars and was impressed with their field of view and (fully expected) clarity. So I bought a pair and have used them now twice on my annual moose hunts in Alaska. Zero complaints.

A few weeks ago while on another photo safari in east Africa the camps where we stayed provided Swaro (I think SLC's?) 10X32's for us to use if we did not bring our own binoculars. While the loaners we were given had been rode hard and put to bed wet and were not in the best of condition (and the clarity due to hard use and lack of care was lacking) I was really impressed by how nice they were to handle and use. They are not what I'd choose for hours of sitting and glassing for moose or caribou or bears, but for travel and grabbing a quick look at something I think they might be the schnizzle. The 12X42's I have are quite impressive and have been seriously used so my confidence in them is well founded. My only concern about the smaller binoculars centers around the visual clarity compared with their larger brothers. Sounds like I'll be having to give Doug a call soon. Thanks to all for their input.

Last edited by John_Havard; 12/27/23.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I love having 8x32 binos paired with my 10x42s. For white tails, elk in the timber, black bears, hiking etc they get the call. The bigger glass goes sheep. Caribou, moose hunting wheee we have antler point restrictions or age/ horn curl requirements.

My 8x32 are 17 year old Leica Ultravids (pre-HD) and still do an outstanding job and weigh 19 ozs. I’d assume the NLs would be better but heavier.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by John_Havard
I own an NL Pure 12x42 and like it so much am considering adding an NL 10x32 to the stable. Does anyone here with first-hand experience care to comment about the smaller Swaro optic? Any info will be appreciated.

Are you satisfied with brightness on the 12 x 42? I ask because the exit pupil is below 4mm. At the same time, they say if you're eyes are over 50 years old or so, they can't take in a full 4mm of light.

Tarquin
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
My wife tells me I’m in the dark all the time!😊
But yes, I am very satisfied with the view through my Pure 12x42’s. I’m well over 50 but generally would be considered as having excellent eyesight for someone so handsome and “experienced” and humble.

Last edited by John_Havard; 12/28/23.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by John_Havard
My wife tells me I’m in the dark all the time!😊
But yes, I am very satisfied with the view through my Pure 12x42’s. I’m well over 50 but generally would be considered as having excellent eyesight for someone so handsome and “experienced” and humble.

grin

Tarquin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,585
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.