Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Never had to worry about it, but some of you can't seem to get out of your own way!

Phl

Just to be clear and speak truth to
Power

Phil, like bis hero Biden, is a child diddler, who never fought in a war and is a coward

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well, if I were the President, you default (miss 3 payments) on your student loan, and in the Military you go. Until it's paid off. You don't get to choose the branch. Or your MOS/NEC.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Somewhere along the line I must have missed the news about U.S. M1150 ABV's being delivered to Ukraine. It being assumed that at least a few were delivered along with the Abrams. These engineering vehicles are the tops in mine clearing ability. Bangalore Torpedo's be damned. This thing will fire off 300 to 450 feet of rope like det cord except it contains 1,700 pounds of explosive. I've never seen one though I guess they were used in Afghanistan and have been in service for some 13 or 14 years. Ukraine is only the second nation to use them behind the U.S.

Link

Phil

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For you tough AF type, a little forgotten history...

Link

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the good 'ol days (WWII era), they threw Fa ahgs overboard on the cruises to the Pacific theater.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by RMiller2
My oldest daughter is in Marine Corps boot camp now, I wish her the best.

Congrats. I am hoping at least one of my kids will serve.

My boy graduated from flight school at Rucker this past August.
Now stationed at JBLM as an Apache pilot.

He got in when Trump was still in charge. Full ride ROTC scholarship at Penn State main.

Last edited by Teeder; 12/28/23.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Greyghost
For you tough AF type, a little forgotten history...
Link
Phil

The men were very reluctant to learn, and they had a valid reason to be wary, as the B-29 had unreliable engines, caught fire regularly and hadn’t undergone the kind of testing other aircraft had. On top of that, it was also much larger than other bombers the US Army Air Forces had flown up until that point...

Tibbets thought that if he could get female pilots to train on the aircraft, the men might not be scared to fly the B-29. He recruited two Women Airforce Service Pilots WASPs for the role. He didn’t disclose to Dora Dougherty Strother or Dorothea Johnson “Didi” Moorman that there had been issues with the aircraft, and the pair didn’t experience any problems when piloting them....

Neither woman had even flown a four-engine aircraft, which is why they were picked for the job.

Multiple men had concerns about the aircraft, and rather than address the issues... they picked women who didn't know any better, and convinced men to fly it based on the fact that they saw two WASPs who were able to keep it in the air.

Probably not the best story to support female pilots, but thank you for bringing this to my attention, as I was previously unaware of the severity of the shortcomings of the B-29.

This article lays it out in depth...
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/her...-the-b-17-and-b-24-over-germany-in-1943/

The bottom line seems that they cheeped out big time in the design of the 29 over the 24, and especially compared to the 17 with the magnesium crankcases being the Cherry on top.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Time to bring back the draft?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
F them. I will hide my boys if it comes to a draft.
of course you will .. you are a liberal commie ..for 60 years i have watched liberals want to give in and give up to the Comunnist Russia (USSR)and get rid of our military

Do boomers even know what year they are living in??

People with dementia should not be allowed to vote

Or be president...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by abbydog

So what...young people don't want to die in your place so you force them.

D R A F T, pronounced 'slavery'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by abbydog
No ones going to fight for this commie illegal gov. They can bring back whatever the hell they want and most are throwing up the middle finger, as they should

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a multitude of factors at play in our current military personnel shortages.

The pussification of America is an issue on several fronts. Pussies don't want to join the military. Those that do are too pussified to pass the physical fitness standards.

There are a whole host of medical barriers. Back in my day, we could lie about medical issues and get away with it. With electronic records, it makes it hard to get around that. Let's say a kid going through puberty experiences anxiety and goes to see a doctor who prescribes them some anti-anxiety meds. That person uses them short term and starts feeling better post puberty. Ineligible to serve. The list of medical barriers is long.

A lot of kids can't pass the damn ASVAB. They can graduate from high school with a high degree of cultural awareness, but not have an education.

There's no sense of patriotism in this country. When you watch the news, read the headlines and even read this forum, there's no love for this country. Everything on both sides of the political spectrum focuses on division.

Look at military advertising. Although it is changing now, they long focused on DEI rather than on the mission.

Look at how the military treated those who didn't want the COVID shot. They were treated like traitors and like schidt. Well, now the military is inviting them to come back.

Now take the typical front line soldier. That person was generally white, male, straight and conservative. How does the above sound to that person?

They also just changed the retirement system. That probably didn't help.

That's it in a nutshell.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
There are a multitude of factors at play in our current military personnel shortages.

The pussification of America is an issue on several fronts. Pussies don't want to join the military. Those that do are too pussified to pass the physical fitness standards.

There are a whole host of medical barriers. Back in my day, we could lie about medical issues and get away with it. With electronic records, it makes it hard to get around that. Let's say a kid going through puberty experiences anxiety and goes to see a doctor who prescribes them some anti-anxiety meds. That person uses them short term and starts feeling better post puberty. Ineligible to serve. The list of medical barriers is long.

A lot of kids can't pass the damn ASVAB. They can graduate from high school with a high degree of cultural awareness, but not have an education.

There's no sense of patriotism in this country. When you watch the news, read the headlines and even read this forum, there's no love for this country. Everything on both sides of the political spectrum focuses on division.

Look at military advertising. Although it is changing now, they long focused on DEI rather than on the mission.

Look at how the military treated those who didn't want the COVID shot. They were treated like traitors and like schidt. Well, now the military is inviting them to come back.

Now take the typical front line soldier. That person was generally white, male, straight and conservative. How does the above sound to that person?

They also just changed the retirement system. That probably didn't help.

That's it in a nutshell.

Do drag queen strip shows for children on military bases play a role on enlistment?

How about DOD classifying conservative minded soldiers as potential domestic terrorists?

How about all of the cardiac issues caused by the mandated experimental vax that never worked? Lol

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 77 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,349
Posts18,487,864
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.