Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by dpd
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Never ceases to amaze me the phoucktards that buy a new rifle and don't know what scope to put on it. World is full of idiots.

This is hilarious!!!! Never ceases to amaze me why some people can just skip over some topics without having to stroke their egos by commenting on something that they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about .

The older I get the harder it gets to be a "Renaissance Man", ie; to know all there is to know and have all the answers.

I am constantly, and mostly by accident or in passing, finding out new ways to accomplish things.

Asking questions in order to gain information by which to make an informed decision seems to be an appropriate course of action!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really want a Leupold HD3 1-4 with illumination for mine but so far have resisted and running a 4x33

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never ceases to amaze me the phoucktards that buy a new rifle and don't know what scope to put on it. World is full of idiots.

One thing I've learned over the years is that you should be more wary of the man that knows all the answers than the man asking questions.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Don't know a thing about the 350 Legend so just guessing. Thinking this is not a high velocity cartridge and rifle might be short barreled. The 1-6 power mentioned I would avoid. Had a 1-4x and about all you can see at 1power is half your barrel. Used to be a number of 2 1/2 to 3 power scopes around and if you could find one it's what I think I would get. My elk rifle is a 30-06 and wears a Redfield 2 3/4x scope, does a fine job. Got the scope new about 1971 for a 338 mag, been a super scope. From there to a 308 mod 660 Rem where it was for years, great in low light. I don't know where to get one anymore but lacking that have gone to 2-7x scopes for serious hunting rifles. have I one 2-7x Vortex's and one Leupold/Redfield 2-7x. Both are smaller than my 3-9x scopes and on 2x gather at least as much light as 3x on a 3-9x scope. One drawback if you call it that is I have to make my bullseye on sighting in targets a bit bigger to keep from losing them at 2 and 3 power. So I use 6x for sighting in. Another good scope would be a fixed 4x. Found a fixed 4x Weaver K4 several years ago and put it on my 22 mag. Prior to variables my choice in scopes was always either 2 3/4x or 4x. Plenty of power for ranges I'd shoot, gather's light very well and fairly small so scope doesn't look like it wearing a rifle. Oh yea, with fixed power scopes lot less to go wrong! have a 3-9x on my 6.5x06 but only because at the time I had big ideas of shooting longer range than normal for me. I still don't shoot those ranges and could use a 2-7x very nicely! Big advantage to lower power scopes is wider field of view making finding the target easier, at low power better at gathering light and smaller size of smaller scopes! That Rem 660 I had my old 2 3/4x on had a 20" barrel and was probably my all time favorite hunting rifle, son has the rifle now and the scope is in my 30-06!

Last edited by DonFischer; 12/27/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dpd
Looking for recommendations on a scope for my CVA Scout .350 Legend .

Food for thought if you are looking for something at a relatively low cost: The reticle marks on the Leupold LRD and B&C reticles, as well as the Redfield Revolution Accu-Range reticle will like up pretty well with a 150yd zero with the 350 Legend (and the .35Rem) if using some of the sleeker ammo offerings. They'll give you 150/200/250yd aiming points if you want them. That's how I typically go with those chamberings.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by dpd
Originally Posted by KenMi
I have seen and heard of hundreds here in Mi using the Leupold 3-9x40 350 Legend scope. Not one complaint, and many upgrade to that one after trying others.

I've always been a Leupold guy and was leaning toward the 3-9x40 Legend but after reading a few discussions in this forum , it got me thinking maybe there's something out there that I wasn't aware of. I haven't bought a new rifle in a while .

That's what I have, the Leupold 350 legend 3-9 No complaints, and the one small buck I shot ain't complaining either - he's in the freezer

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our camp's "Backup Gun" is a .350 Legend. It wears a Simmons .22 Mag fixed 4X scope. It has taken deer and keeps its zero.

Haters gonna hate.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by goalie

One thing I've learned over the years is that you should be more wary of the man that knows all the answers than the man asking questions.
That's because you're an idiot. I don't like people asking me questions. People who know don't ask questions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not gonna recommend this scope, it's just a point of reference, but I'm using a Vortex Viper 1-4x on a similar gun. I like the power range and I like the illumination. But I don't like the focus. There's no lock ring on it and it just kind of spins freely around.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K

That's because you're an idiot. I don't like people asking me questions. People who know don't ask questions.

Then rethink being on a forum. He clearly wasn't asking you. He was asking those capable of reading the question and giving an answer in a decent manner.

IC B3

D
dpd Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for all the opinions and comments. Except of course for one ! I’ve decided to go with the Leupold 3-9x40 .350 Legend. I also learned that some struggle with reading comprehension . It is best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Last edited by dpd; 12/28/23.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have a .35 remington and just run a reg 2-7X Duplex.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hookeye
I have a .35 remington and just run a reg 2-7X Duplex.
I love dialing with that combo. It’s my favorite game rifle and it stays in my padlocked PVC gun vault at Fish Camp.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, yes, you know everything, and don't have time to suffer fools.......or post pictures.

GFY

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yes, yes, you know everything, and don't have time to suffer fools.......or post pictures.

GFY
The only reason you post pics is to brag.

"Look at my beautiful cabin on the lake"

" Look at my rich wife who paid for the cabin"

" I'm so great and indespensible they let me work from home AND gave me a big raise besides."

Brag, brag, brag. It's all you do. I'm surprised you can post what with the sprained elbow from patting yourself on the back. Frankly it's disgusting and pitiful at the same time. There are many here like you seeking admiration/approval/validation. I don't feel the need.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You’re a dipshit

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

GFY

" I'm so great and indespensible they let me work from home AND gave me a big raise besides."

Brag, brag, brag. It's all you do. I'm surprised you can post what with the sprained elbow from patting yourself on the back. Frankly it's disgusting and pitiful at the same time. There are many here like you seeking admiration/approval/validation. I don't feel the need.
Then go somewhere else. This is a discussion forum. If everyone had your attitude, there wouldn’t be any use for the forum. You’re not a cool or as important as you think you are.

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Obi_Wan

GFY

Then go somewhere else. This is a discussion forum. If everyone had your attitude, there wouldn’t be any use for the forum. You’re not a cool or as important as you think you are.
GFY silly obi wan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GFY silly obi wan.

"If you meet an azzhole in the morning, you met an azzhole.

If you meet azzholes all day, YOU'RE the azzhole."

😉

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

It amazes me how many keyboard commandos want to inject their vile, loser attitude into every thread they can to insult strangers just for some kind of twisted thrill.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,330
Posts18,487,557
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.