Print Thread
Hop To
B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
As we come to the close of 2023, I’m taking stock of our lives and realizing that I have some things I need to let go. With a wife suffering from a chronic illness that hasn’t worked in over four months, funds are tight and other things are more important than hanging on to play toys. So, I have a nice customized Martini chambered in .17 Ackley Bee up for sale.

I purchased this back in March or so, but never got a chance to shoot it. Shortly after acquiring it I learned I had some significant heart problems, and much of the year has been spent dealing with that on my end. However, holding out hope, I managed to find some brass (both .218 Bee and some already formed into .17AB by the prior owner) and a full set of RCBS forming and reloading dies. I also have 750 Nosler 20gr tipped Varmageddon bullets as well.

The rifle is in very good condition but it isn’t perfect. It’s old and shows finish wear and other character. At some point, a small chunk came out of the stock’s wrist. Everything appears stable, but the new owner may wish to repair it at some point. The grain is actually very nice though, so with a little work she should be a beauty. The bore and action look good, no rust anywhere I can see. The trigger’s average in weigh and could likely be stoned down some and resprung to a lighter pull but it does break fairly clean. Ejection is moderate, about on par for these old actions.

The barrel is 25” long with a varmint taper and what I was told is a 1:10 twist. I’ll run a cleaning rod through it to check as it’s been awhile since I’ve done so and can’t recall if I confirmed that or not. The prior owner stated that it would stabilize 20gr tipped and under (20gr Nosler and Hornady, as well as 15.5gr Hornady), and any of the older 25gr FBHP bullets like Hornady’s old #1710. It includes a set of 1” rings/bases for you to use a scope of your choosing, as well as a nice leather sling.

Since the bullets, dies, and brass would be useless to me without the rifle, I would prefer everything be sold together. If not, the rifle must sell first before I’ll sell anything else. As a package, I’m looking for $1250 shipped and insured OBO. I’ll get rifle weight tomorrow. It’s not outrageously heavy in my opinion, but longer walks may be tiresome.

Brass Counts:

.218 Bee:
-WW-Super: 38x

.17 Ackley Bee formed:
-RemUMC: 9x
-Super Speed: 17x
-Super-X: 17x

The buyer has a 3-day, non-shooting inspection period. Please ensure you’re happy with the rifle before completing the transfer with a 4473, as once you do so the rifle is yours! I’m happy to provide any details or photos upon request. No trades at this time, but I’ll consider reasonable offers. Payment preferred via discreet PayPal friends/fam, CashApp, or with USPS money orders of $625 each (easier to cash that way). Been a member here a long time with positive feedback, but can provide references elsewhere if desired. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bump for a nice rifle in a great caliber

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
There is another site where they specialize in small calibers
www.saubier.com you might also find a buyer there
I have seen there where many guys have made wildcats on the Martini.
Nice rifle with everything to get started
Good luck.

B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by schell
There is another site where they specialize in small calibers
www.saubier.com you might also find a buyer there
I have seen there where many guys have made wildcats on the Martini.
Nice rifle with everything to get started
Good luck.

Thanks, I’m a member there but don’t recall my password and that forum is notorious for having issues with getting it reset. I emailed a gentleman who’s helped me in the past, but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully I do soon.

If you’re a member there, maybe you could throw a link up in the classifieds for me? wink

IC B2

B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
$1200 shipped!

Last edited by Basher; 12/29/23.
B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Nosler’s are going for about $28/100 if you can find them in stock.

The dies are rare as hens teeth and usually sell for just north of $200 for the full set.

.218 Bee brass averages $1/piece. Matter of fact, I just remembered I have about 80 pieces more of it, including a fresh, unopened box of 50 from Hornady so I’ll update the ad. I should have 161 pieces, so let’s call it $150 for those.

Shipping will run about $100.

That puts the rifle at $540.

If it doesn’t sell at close to $1200, I may have to list something else. If you want a unique .17cal that’s ready to go other than your choice of optic, primers, and powder, this is for you and you won’t find a better deal (I’ve been following one on GB that’s asking for something crazy like $2400 for less than I have here).

Last edited by Basher; 12/29/23.
B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
$1150 shipped.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cool bump.

B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Cntrmass
Cool bump.

Thanks! Evening bump for the night crowd. I’ve managed to recover my Saubier forum password and it’s been listed there as well, so strike while the iron’s hot! Unique chamberings like this only come around once in awhile, and having the dies with it is a YUUUUGE bonus. Took me a good while to find them and they weren’t cheap, save yourself the trouble and buy mine! smile

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bump for a nifty rifle. Were it not for several projects hanging fire taking my time and treasure it would be mine.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Bump for a nifty rifle. Were it not for several projects hanging fire taking my time and treasure it would be mine.

It’s a unique little rifle for sure. Low recoil, sips powder, and everyone at the range will want to see it! smile

Final drop to $1100 shipped, I’m losing money at this point. I’ll split it up if someone buys the rifle first, but not until then. If that happens, I’ll split it up as follows:

-Rifle w/ already formed .17AB brass: $775
-.17AB die set: $180
-Nosler 20gr Varmageddons: $180
-.218 Bee brass: $120

Last edited by Basher; 12/31/23.
B
Basher Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Sold pending funds!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,422 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.