Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have gotten the itch for a .357 Blackhawk. The 4 1/2 (or whatever they call it in that size) barrel. Folks like my friend Frogman find them with ease, but I am having one heck of a time. Today, I looked at 5 different local shops. Nary a Blackhawk of any flavor, new OR used in stock. Buds Gun Shop has some, and there are a few on Gun Broker, but not at my price point. I would really prefer an older flat top, three screw, but will be happy with a newer one.
I guess I have a project for 2024 now. smile

Sam......

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Brother, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had been looking for a Flat Top 3 screw Blackhawk for about 10 years before I found that first one......the second one was just a lucky break! grin

Good luck with your search!

Frog-----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A local shop has two in stock now, one is a New Model, the other is as-new 3 screw, but both have 6.5" barrels. I checked out the 3 screw, hoping to buy it myself, but the trigger was no better than the New Model gun, and I didn't think it was worth it. Both were "okay, I guess" triggers, but nothing special at all. I don't feel bad leaving it there.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
There's a $600 anniversary model on GB that will be hard to beat for the price of a new model flat top. Old models are there as well, & they are only going up. As a mater of fact, new Rugers are getting pricey, not covid or Biden prices, but their price structuring across the board is up a good bit. No longer cheaper than their competitors, & edging toward higher.

As far as new, Buds is rarely beat on price, so if they are not at your price point you will likely have a long search ahead. Good luck.

Oh, for an OM FT, keep an eye on the Ruger forum.com they turn up there as often as anywhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are quite a few on Armslist. Old model and new model.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm working on one as we speak. smile

Sam......

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
CDNN has them in stock.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ccd
CDNN has them in stock.
yes, but not an old flat top three screw

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
well I won the auction on GB, and at a decent price, below my max bid. Than, dammit, I bid on another in even better shape, and am top bidder on that one. If I win, I'll still be under my budget for toys. smile

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
well I won the auction on GB, and at a decent price, below my max bid. Than, dammit, I bid on another in even better shape, and am top bidder on that one. If I win, I'll still be under my budget for toys. smile

Awesome, Sam!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

I told ya Sam......they're contagious! LOL

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
and here it is, January 9th, and I still have not seen the Blackhawk. Serial screwups at my FFL dealer and the shop in Maryland that I bought it from have frustrated any and all attempts to actually get the revolver from there to here. So much for the $40 second day air shipping. Hopefully it will show up today. Tracking provided by the seller show it was delivered to my FFL last Saturday.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well when you get it I am sure you will enjoy it. My own is a 4 5/8' old model still operating as originally built. It is not the flatop but is just fine. I like 358429's in about any 38/357 mags but I also enjoy the Ray Thompsom designed 358156 solid and hollow point gas checked bullets. Just about as American as mom, apple pie and the girl next door..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For anybody in the SW Idaho area looking for a .357 Flat Top, a guy in Caldwell has a 6 1/2" model for sale, asking $850. Listing has been up for about a week and hasn't sold. Ad says "must be legal to own and Idaho resident" so no idea if the guy will ship it out of state or not.

Listing for Ruger 357 Flat Top

[Linked Image from zidaho.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have gotten the itch for a .357 Blackhawk. The 4 1/2 (or whatever they call it in that size) barrel. Folks like my friend Frogman find them with ease, but I am having one heck of a time. Today, I looked at 5 different local shops. Nary a Blackhawk of any flavor, new OR used in stock. Buds Gun Shop has some, and there are a few on Gun Broker, but not at my price point. I would really prefer an older flat top, three screw, but will be happy with a newer one.
I guess I have a project for 2024 now. smile

If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse nearby, check their online gun search. The full sized blackhawks, in .357, either barrel length, either finish, show as available to order for in-store pickup. I don't think the flat tops are being produced in any configuration right now so you'd have to be searching through older stock to get one.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
my FFL and the seller are still blaming each other for the non delivery of my paid for revolver. Hopefully it will get resolved this week. I am bidding on an even nicer 3 screw Blackhawk now.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
all's well that ends well. I got the Blackhawk despite the best efforts of my FFL dealer here and the shipper. Came with awful giant Hogue grips. I replaced those with original style Ruger factory wood grips with the Medallion. Out at my son's place it was giving me 1 1/4 inch groups at 20 yards with Magtech 125 grain factory ammo. About the same with some of my 158 grain JHP hot loads. I am well pleased.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Mannlicher; 01/15/24.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all's well that ends well. I got the Blackhawk despite the best efforts of my FFL dealer here and the shipper. Came with awful giant Hogue grips. I replaced those with original style Ruger factory wood grips with the Medallion. Out at my son's place it was giving me 1 1/4 inch groups at 20 yards with Magtech 125 grain factory ammo. About the same with some of my 158 grain JHP hot loads. I am well pleased.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good deal, congrats!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome. Glad everything worked out, Sam.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Greg. The coating on the aluminum frame is in sad shape. Just worn off. I am going to have a local shop cerro coat it.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1minute, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.