Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
”Writing for a three-judge panel in 2012, Gorsuch dismissed the idea that Colorado was required to place Abdul Karim Hassan’s name on the presidential ballot even if he was ineligible to assume the presidency. A state’s “legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process,” Gorsuch wrote, “permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office.”
What Gorsuch was saying, in other words, is states are empowered to assess a candidate’s eligibility for an office and strike them from the ballot if they don’t meet the criteria for holding office.

With that being said, I’m guessing our supposedly “originalist, textualist, Constitutionalist” SCOTUS will weasel out of this one somehow, thus utterly diminishing their credibility as such, which ain’t gonna help gun rights any down the road. But we’ll see.

On some level, I gotta say, it’s morbidly amusing watching Trumpy folks tie themselves into absurd knots defending the [bleep] clown in direct contraction to supposed prior “principles”. Present company most definitely included. But this is the world we live in.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Colorado Supreme Court just ruled him ineligible to be on the Colorado primary ballot via the 14th Sec 3.

I hate to tell you I told you so, but I told you so.

Just stop with the “it wasn’t an insurrection” bullcrap. Play stupid if you want; act like the stuff being said HERE prior to and immediately after J6 never happened. Gaslight yourselves all you want; just don’t piss on MY boots and expect me to agree it’s raining. You know, and I know, what Trump tried to do, and it went far beyond the events of J6. And we know many here were more than ok with it. Still are! So just cut the crap.

EFW, there’s your answer: I reject your premise, because it’s bullshit and we both know it.

Obviously this ain’t over. To SCOTUS it goes. I have a sneaking suspicion SCOTUS ain’t gonna rescue Trump, from this or from Jack Smith, because to do so is to essentially cut off their own nuts. But we’ll see. I haven’t been wrong about any of this yet… but it’s still possible.

Jeffy tell us again what a weak lazy coward you were when you abandoned your special draw mule deer tag with your daughter

You’ve always been a liar and posses a weak character

Useless commie chkunt is straighter to the point.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
”Writing for a three-judge panel in 2012, Gorsuch dismissed the idea that Colorado was required to place Abdul Karim Hassan’s name on the presidential ballot even if he was ineligible to assume the presidency. A state’s “legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process,” Gorsuch wrote, “permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office.”
What Gorsuch was saying, in other words, is states are empowered to assess a candidate’s eligibility for an office and strike them from the ballot if they don’t meet the criteria for holding office.

With that being said, I’m guessing our supposedly “originalist, textualist, Constitutionalist” SCOTUS will weasel out of this one somehow, thus utterly diminishing their credibility as such, which ain’t gonna help gun rights any down the road. But we’ll see.

On some level, I gotta say, it’s morbidly amusing watching Trumpy folks tie themselves into absurd knots defending the [bleep] clown in direct contraction to supposed prior “principles”. Present company most definitely included. But this is the world we live in.

Jeff tell us again why you pussed out of your Oregon deer hunt? lmao. what a weak coward

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like we will be talking about this a bunch in the upcoming months so we might as well get that ball rolling. From what I’m reading this very likely will be used to keep Trump off primary ballots unless the SCOTUS intervenes.

At issue with Trump is Section 3 of the amendment, which bars from office anyone who, having previously sworn an oath to support the Constitution, has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof." The language was written to prevent former officials who had backed the Confederacy from regaining power, subject to an out — Congress could grant amnesty by a two-thirds vote.

A group of conservative lawyers wrote a long opinion piece after researching this extensively and to hear them tell it, it’s pretty straightforward and conclusive. Here’s the abstract:

The Sweep and Force of Section Three
University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 172, Forthcoming
126 Pages
Posted: 14 Aug 2023
William Baude
University of Chicago - Law School

Michael Stokes Paulsen
University of St. Thomas School of Law

Date Written: August 9, 2023

Abstract
Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment forbids holding office by former office holders who then participate in insurrection or rebellion. Because of a range of misperceptions and mistaken assumptions, Section Three’s full legal consequences have not been appreciated or enforced. This article corrects those mistakes by setting forth the full sweep and force of Section Three.

First, Section Three remains an enforceable part of the Constitution, not limited to the Civil War, and not effectively repealed by nineteenth century amnesty legislation. Second, Section Three is self-executing, operating as an immediate disqualification from office, without the need for additional action by Congress. It can and should be enforced by every official, state or federal, who judges qualifications. Third, to the extent of any conflict with prior constitutional rules, Section Three repeals, supersedes, or simply satisfies them. This includes the rules against bills of attainder or ex post facto laws, the Due Process Clause, and even the free speech principles of the First Amendment. Fourth, Section Three covers a broad range of conduct against the authority of the constitutional order, including many instances of indirect participation or support as “aid or comfort.” It covers a broad range of former offices, including the Presidency. And in particular, it disqualifies former President Donald Trump, and potentially many others, because of their participation in the attempted overthrow of the 2020 presidential election.

And here’s a link to the paper, so that the brilliant (sic) legal minds of the Fire can parse it:

https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delive...5077094093067&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE

Your thoughts?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Like you care about gun rights Jellohead, clearly your voting record demonstrates you don’t.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

When you die I hope it's in the worst conceivable way.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
You are just plain old stupid

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
People will swallow horseshit to stop Trump. TDS is a real thing. First, you need a congressional full vote to charge with sedition. Then you need to hold a congressional trial and convict of sedition. That is nowhere to be found in any of these radical, unfounded rulings.

For all the real dumbasses, last I recall Trump left office the day he was supposed to and without incident.

Questioning election results in an unprecedented time with questionable voting practices is not sedition.

Supporting such state rulings make you anything but constitutional. The Dems and FBI orchestrated most of Jan 6, then their propagandist DNC news media made the phony stacked J6 committee sound is if Trump committed insurrection, which he didn’t and was never charged with. But the dumbass, unlawful sheep go hook, line and sinker into the abyss of stupidity.

BTW where does it say Trump is constitutionally prohibited to run, having a political hack state supreme court judge(s) deem so doesn’t make it constitutional at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff0 makes Happycamper look like a genius.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I found some sockets in the highway. Praise the lawd.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

On some level, I gotta say, it’s morbidly amusing watching Trumpy folks tie themselves into absurd knots defending the [bleep] clown in direct contraction to supposed prior “principles”.

I swear Jeff0 is a walking contradiction of unintentionally hilarious proportions. He’s been kissing SCOTUS’ ass all year thinking that they were “in his corner” when the reality is that Jeff0 doesn’t have a “corner”. Jeff0 stands for nothing while hiding behind the Constitution, a document that he has repeatedly had no use for and in fact he seems to loathe our Constitution unless it benefits him. His platitudes for SCOTUS this past year were, like everything in his worthless life, empty and meaningless because he’s the antithesis of a patriot.

Now that SCOTUS will likely be the determining factor Jeff0 is setting the table for him to belittle and besmirch the SCOTUS in case they rule based on the rule of LAW….something Jeff0 has continuously supported so long as they ruled in the way HE wants them to rule. If SCOTUS returns the decision that we ALL know they’ll return and Trump is eligible for the Colorado ballot Jeff will excoriate the SCOTUS….

Jeff0 is a lying POS….that much has been proven here beyond a shadow of a doubt over the past decade++ so any decision that doesn’t violate the law in order to gain an illegal and unconstitutional conviction against President Trump will be met with vitriol, lies and assorted anti-American comments by Jeff0.

He loved and trusted SCOTUS right up until they ruled in favor of the Constitution. If a liberal hates anything more than President Trump it’s our Constitution that they abhor and Jeff0 is the personification of the wild-eyed, crazy ass liberal that thinks throwing a temper tantrum will cause adults to change their minds….it won’t. 😉

Jeff0 will be in for a rude awakening soon as all these bullshit, banana republic, politically motivated cases brought by barely literate affirmative action losers…..reverse racism is still racism. Poke the hornets nest at your own risk…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Poor Jeff Obama. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m about to become somewhat guilty, of what I’m about to accuse you guys of doing,

Ignore this fugstick troll…….Don’t reply….

Jeffy drops non-factual innuendo and sits back and beats off from the attention you guys give him.

He hated Trump wayyyyyyyyy before T took office, He continues to hate him all based on personal emotion, envy would be my guess,

There’s no facts here, ever, from the idiot……..

You really think you’re going to reason with this idiot?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I’m about to become somewhat guilty, of what I’m about to accuse you guys of doing,

Jeffy drops non-factual innuendo and sits back and beats off from the attention you guys give him.

He hated Trump wayyyyyyyyy before T took office, He continues to hate him all based on personal emotion, envy would be my guess,

If ever there was a real case for a sex change operation Jeff Obama would be it.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Another hit and run by the oregon liberal lowlife….

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth

I agree with you that, in general, ignoring the dumbfuck is the best course of action but in this case I think that it will be fun watching Jeff0 get thumped here when his prognostications and guesses about President Trump’s legal peril all fall flat. Jeffo was so giddy initially when the affirmative action negro DA’s brought bullshit charges against President Trump…..Jeff0 was willing to forgo the trial and all the “unnecessary” legal proceedings, minutiae that would only delay the “inevitable” outcome, at least according to Jeff0. Jeff0 was a “staunch” supporter of the “rule of law” and he placed all of his faith, trust and support in the infallible justice system…..knowing that should the rulings not go Jeff0’s way he still had the SCOTUS to weigh in and since SCOTUS is….uhh, well it’s SCOTUS…since in Jeff0’s empty noodle he has full faith that the SCOTUS knows that an insurrection is whatever a democrat says it is and that our Founders never intended for the citizens to vote for their leader instead preferring the appointment process and the courts to decide for us.

Let Jeff0 have this moment….. I don’t think it’s gonna turn out the way she thinks and hopes it’s gonna turn out! Yes the SCOTUS will rule and YES the SCOTUS will use the Constitution as its guide but NO Jeff0 won’t accept the outcomes of any/all of the cases that don’t turn out the way she wants it to.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey dumbass. I’ve been saying all along this one lands with SCOTUS, and “who knows”… bet I’ve said that 20 times on this thread.

As far as his other legal “issues”, yes indeed I’m thrilled that the rule of law is dragging the lying POS that is Donald Trump into a venue where his lies won’t wash. He’s being tried for, in a nutshell, trying to subvert democracy and steal an election. Since he, uh, actually DID this, in front of all of our eyes, and with the enthusiastic support of many here, you’re damn tootin’ I’m glad he gets his day in court, and by extension, so do you. And I do in fact like my odds of coming away smiling on that one.

As for the 14th Sec 3, I’ll say it yet again just for you: we’ll see. My guess is SCOTUS uses some rhetorical trick to find a way out of ruling on its merits… but we’ll see.

————-

Boy, Jack Smith sure has a way with words, huh. Very direct, very concise, and very true. In fact, he deserves his own thread… hmmm. Do I care enough? 😂 Anyway:

The defendant asserts (Br.1) that this prosecution ‘threatens … to shatter the very bedrock of our Republic.’ To the contrary: it is the defendant’s claim that he cannot be held to answer for the charges that he engaged in an unprecedented effort to retain power through criminal means, despite having lost the election, that threatens the democratic and constitutional foundation of our Republic,” Smith wrote in the new filing.
“This Court should affirm and issue the mandate expeditiously to further the public’s — and the defendant’s — compelling interest in a prompt resolution of this case,” he added.

Could not agree more, Mr. Smith. Take it to the lying sack of shït. Quickly.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey ,Brother Jeff. Hope you had a merry Christmas

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Hey dumbass. I’ve been saying all along this one lands with SCOTUS, and “who knows”… bet I’ve said that 20 times on this thread.

As far as his other legal “issues”, yes indeed I’m thrilled that the rule of law is dragging the lying POS that is Donald Trump into a venue where his lies won’t wash. He’s being tried for, in a nutshell, trying to subvert democracy and steal an election. Since he, uh, actually DID this, in front of all of our eyes, and with the enthusiastic support of many here, you’re damn tootin’ I’m glad he gets his day in court, and by extension, so do you. And I do in fact like my odds of coming away smiling on that one.

As for the 14th Sec 3, I’ll say it yet again just for you: we’ll see. My guess is SCOTUS uses some rhetorical trick to find a way out of ruling on its merits… but we’ll see.

————-

Boy, Jack Smith sure has a way with words, huh. Very direct, very concise, and very true. In fact, he deserves his own thread… hmmm. Do I care enough? 😂 Anyway:

The defendant asserts (Br.1) that this prosecution ‘threatens … to shatter the very bedrock of our Republic.’ To the contrary: it is the defendant’s claim that he cannot be held to answer for the charges that he engaged in an unprecedented effort to retain power through criminal means, despite having lost the election, that threatens the democratic and constitutional foundation of our Republic,” Smith wrote in the new filing.
“This Court should affirm and issue the mandate expeditiously to further the public’s — and the defendant’s — compelling interest in a prompt resolution of this case,” he added.

Could not agree more, Mr. Smith. Take it to the lying sack of shït. Quickly.

Must suck to go through life with “TDS”, such a sad little mind you have.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Charged with or convicted of…oh schidt, it’s the Dems. Only applies to conservatives. We skrewed!

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,459
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.