Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I expect to see Ruequanda from down Mississippi way taping her tits down and running back an 80 yard touchdown kickoff in the NFL any day now,...knocking them big 280 lb bucks right and left in the process.

,...ain't gonna happen,....just like that little girl going 8 seconds on a top 30 bull ain't gonna happen.

Be real.
I don’t know enough about rodeo to have an opinion one way or the other but I’ll say this. Overall I believe in gender roles and the benefits of gender roles to a society.

For all of the complaints on this site and others about “soy boys.” I’ve seen a hypocritical trend towards more girls and woman wanting to compete in traditionally masculine activities or work at male jobs. Often at jobs that they’re not capable of fully doing without help from male coworkers or crying on job sites due to how a boss spoke to them.

The same guys that will ridicule soy boys will cheerlead girls and woman bending equally valuable social norms.

When a wuss male breaks social norms he’s a soy boy. When a female does it and crows about believing that she “don’t need no man” guys fall inline to praise it. IMO if you believe in gender roles and social norms for men then you also believe in them for woman. You can’t have one without the other.

I don’t believe that boys playing with Barbies is good for society or that male Dallas Cowboy’s cheerleaders are good for society and I don’t believe that female bull riders or Marines are. Having said that she seems like a genuinely nice kid but it isn’t something that I’d encourage.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I wish her well, but based on my experience women just can't do what men can do.
Women in any professional sport with men?.....GMAFB.
Ridiculous.
Your mileage may based on your wokeness.

Perhaps. I have seen some exceptions. There are some phenomenal women trap shooters to be found.

Osky

Oh yeah. Trap shooting is right there with riding a 1500 lb bull. How can anybody doubt it?

From the perspective of fundamentals that are important, I'd agree that shooting trap is closer to riding bulls than football is.

Nobody here that I have seen is doubting that women are inherently weaker then men are physically, but that attribute has minimal bearing on bull riding. The ability of men to take more a beating and walk away might have some merit in this argument as well as some other things, but not physical strength.

In fact, I can see some (possible) advantages to women here, being they're generally more agile and flexible, which is nothing but a good thing in bull riding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The US Women's Soccer team won the gold medal in the Olympics a few years back. That same team was beaten by a bunch of 15-year-old boys. Serena Williams has crushed women's tennis for years. Estimates have it that she would be ranked about number 750+ in the men's league. No woman boxer was ever stupid enough to climb into the ring with Mike Tyson. Some sports don't discriminate between the sexes. But many do and that is simply the way it is.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think she'll do great, women are tough and have determination. She's going up against a bull not a man.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Maybe my understanding of a big part of what it takes to be successful in that sport is flawed and strength has little to do with it, but I don't think so.

Personally, I think you're incorrect about this particular part. Endurance, coordination and mental strength are more important in bull riding than physical strength. It isn't powerlifting nor are they physically forcing the bull one way or another, though some bulls may (or may not, I dunno) predictably respond to how they're spurred.

Arm, leg and core strength are important and do help to stay on but they're not as important as endurance and mentality, in my limited bull riding experience. She also (looks) relatively small and light which also should help her to some extent.

Well I did say maybe my understanding is flawed. Ha. I still don't think a girl would have what it takes to hang with the boys on top bulls, but she could prove me 100% full of it, who knows. Hope whether she proves me right or wrong, she does so without getting busted up and hurt bad.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Her parents better steer her towards Tennis, or something. The first time she gets on a top 30 bull she's going to get rag dolled. She'll be lucky to survive it.

Maybe she could just work in a factory the rest of her life…

Or maybe males who have transitioned into "women" should be able to compete against women in sports because there's no real biological difference between men and women.

So the girl bullrider is a guy now?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
M
My son rides bulls so I know a bit about the sport.
Good on her but she definitely has her work cut out for her.
I'd much rather see a girl "step up" and compete with the boys than see some soy-boy loser chose to compete against girls because he cant hold his own against the other boys.
Besides, as someone already posted earlier, shes not a female competing against a male, its her against herself, on the back of a bull.

Last edited by MrRigpig; 12/29/23.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I think the arm strength issue is way over looked. If the genders were equal in bull riding there would be at least a few who were competitive at the high level. The guys who are just as quick and agile as her have risen to the top and the stronger muscles lets them hold in. She will probably beat a few boys but she will never have a chance of making the PBR circuit.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I hope she stays safe. I've seen a few friends hurt bad on bulls. I worry enough about my daughter in gymnastics and rock climbing but let her pursue what she loves. I pretty happy that my daughter isn't interested in bull riding though. I'd be a nervous wreck everytime the gate opened but I would be for my boys too. It's a dangerous sport.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many kids have been ruined because people or parents have told them that they are ,not strong enough,, good enough, smart enough , or just no good for anything . Guide your kids do not push them into something they hate , you cant let them be lazy ,because they will need a good work ethic to survive in todays world.
It always helps to love what you do.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mr. Mack, if she ever makes it to the big arena, please let us know in advance, because I for one would love to watch it. And best of luck to her.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

For you guys that think upper body strength is critical - go to 1:13 in the video.

Last edited by dznnf7; 12/30/23.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Silly girl going to end up like Emmy Arnette. In a wheelchair unable to do anything, just because she wanted to show the world. Next time I see Emmy, I will ask her how it is going...

Don't gobble at me
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good for her...

I respect anyone that lives this life on their own terms.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I wish her the best..and Mac, your daughter is a pretty cool kid! Good job mom and dad.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All the bull riders I have met were beaten up and broken. Not something I would want my girl doing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JSTUART
All the bull riders I have met were beaten up and broken. Not something I would want my girl doing.
My buddy got his ear 90% detached in Wichita lol. Dumbazz

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The best bull rider of my generation was JB Mauney.

He probably doesn't weigh 160 pounds at 5'10".

They asked him how he could be so good while he was that scrawny.

He just said it doesn't matter how strong you are...you aren't gonna over power a damn bull.

The physics of bull riding favor an individual with less mass.
That makes sense to me. Add in exceptional grip strength and I bet you have a winner.

One thing people often overlook is that women biologically have slower reflexes than men. Obviously, this is endowed in a spectrum, with some people of both sexes falling at one end or the other, but as a rule it is the rule.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dznnf7

For you guys that think upper body strength is critical - go to 1:13 in the video.
Yeah, that guy is buff. Skinny, but all muscle. Works well with the theory of low mass, high strength. Bet he has a grip like a vise.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
she is a hindu snake charmer. if she plays a flute to the bull might calm him down enough for her to ride. no matter where you go street schitters are everywhere taking over everything
most guys without a son try to turn a girl into a boy. also her whole life she has been told a woman can do anything a man can do

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 77 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,353
Posts18,487,900
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.