Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great Buck and detailed story. Do you know what he weighed? He sure looks big compared to the bucks in the south

Last edited by Brown_Bass_Hunter; 11/23/23.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."

~ Milton Friedman~

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
We didn’t put a scale or a tape to him. Judging by past bucks I’d guess 180-190 dressed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
strosfan;
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving - weekend at least still right? I hope all in your world are warm, well and dry today.

Thanks for sharing the hunt and hearty congratulations on the Saskatchewan buck, it's a dandy.

With apologies to all who've read this before, but my then new bride shot her first Saskatchewan buck 41 seasons back out of a bit of a "crow's nest" of Canola straw we'd pushed together.

It was a balmy -38 C with a howling wind and when she shot it, she stood up and let me know she was going to hike back over the little hill to get the pickup and she'd meet me at the deer, as she needed some heat and needed it sooner than later. shocked

Anyways sir, we've had a warmer than usual fall out west here too, but it's easier on the animals and the woodpile, so we'll take it with a smile even though it does mean our late season whitetail haven't been moving much at all.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic, congratulations!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well he sure looks pretty big to me! If we grew ‘em like that here I’d still be toting “serious” rifles like your ‘06 instead of my 6mm and 6.5 (Grendel) popguns.

Congrats!

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Looks impressive from here!
Congrats

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
phenominal appraisal of a wonderful saskatchewan hunt,have been on 12 in that province yrars ago on indian reserves thru someone tightly associated with them.as i have had some issues with a disabled older dependent child. but have in the last few years given up on hunting over bait.i have zero issue with those that do.there are a couple outfitters in alberta that i hunted each once and enjoyed they are my new choices,also have a brother in law who has uncles who own 4000 acres in missouri on the border of iowa,they lease 3000 to hunting groups and let family hunt the other 100o.all major farmland interspersed with large wooded sections.i am very fortunate to have access to this trophy class hunting.have also been lucky along with persistance to have harvested many bucks between 158 and mid 190's boone and crockett.but the over 180 class totaled 4 over 35 years.i am a senior citizen now and do alberta every 3 years dependent on previous winters weather and snowfall.i will tell you this for fact.in the 1990's canada was not over hunted and the buck hunting trophys scored on average 20 to to a little higher in scoring average if you pasy on smaller bucks.sadly except for a few occasions is has reduced dramatically in rack size average.but those body sizes have me returning every so often.largest body dressed out buck i ever shot in canada was a 9 point that scored 184.weight dressed 370 lbs.anyway hunting on many continents over the years for many species,moose,whitetail and grizz and brown bear have been the most rewarding and at times most exhilarating and terrorizing few seconds to minutes you could ever experience with your clothes on.sorry for rambling on but i was thrilled with this gentlemans hunt.now if you really want ass pucker so tight you could not get a needle in it save your monet and hunt africa and cape buffalo and lion.the only ever hunt that puckered me was a wounded grizz in alaska that the guide and i and my very nervous friend had to track in alders and brush you could not see 3 feet in front of you.guide went 1st and trusted me enough to flank him 2 feet behind off to his right,my nervous friend behind and instructed to not shoot unless the bear got behind us and going away.well we got to about 30 ft and could smell him and were now crawling forward.kept crawling 2 to 3 feet at a time,the guide a little lower than me as i am on overwatch as stated.at about 12 feet hell broke loose as he roared ans chargeg straight at my guide john.we both fired twice at this ball of fury.john was shooting a 458 lott with 400 grain woodleighs,i had my 416 remington custom built winchester shooting 350 grain barnes triple shocks.john hit him twice and i hit him once.he died about 8 ft away.anyway i apologize for rambling and you can kill any bear with less caliber,all i know is once he was dead i was shaking like a leaf.john was a tremendous guide and we communicate every year since.as far as my friend he gave up grizz and brown bear hunting.good hunting and god bless my brethren quality brothers who still love our heritage and what is left that is good about america.sadly not much.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
also please forgive spelling errors,not me but in need of a new keyboard.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
also please forgive spelling errors,not me but in need of a new keyboard.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on a fine buck!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great buck, and so lucky you didn't really need all of the cold weather gear. CONGRATS

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (01Foreman400, achadwick, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 14 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,067
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.