Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Will the Garmin run off the cord plugged into the charging port? I have a compact jumpstarter, about the size of a brick with usb ports, and if it’ll start a Buick I imagine it’ll run a little magic box for quite some time.

Yes it will.

I use this little battery charger and leave the jumpstarter in the the trucks. This thing is small and light. The Garmin will run fir 6 hours on a charge, however.

Anker Portable Charger, Power Bank, 20,000mAh Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology and USB-C (Recharging Only) for iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max, iPhone 14/13/12 Series, Samsung Galaxy (Black) https://a.co/d/8bxSRm5

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I used my Garmin yesterday for the first time. What a stinking game changer! Simply turn it on, set it next to the rifle, pointed generally down range and shoot... Nothing else to do. Data is nicely compiled and easy to read, battery barely moved while I used it over about 1.5 hours. So small and easy to use, truly a great jump forward than where I started 20 years ago with tripods and extra crap..

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Will the Garmin run off the cord plugged into the charging port? I have a compact jumpstarter, about the size of a brick with usb ports, and if it’ll start a Buick I imagine it’ll run a little magic box for quite some time.

Yes it will.

I use this little battery charger and leave the jumpstarter in the the trucks. This thing is small and light. The Garmin will run fir 6 hours on a charge, however.

Anker Portable Charger, Power Bank, 20,000mAh Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology and USB-C (Recharging Only) for iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max, iPhone 14/13/12 Series, Samsung Galaxy (Black) https://a.co/d/8bxSRm5

Thanks!

Hell, I’ve got a Sangean Solar/Crank-em-up radio with a usb port on it that would probably work. Something kinda retro about sitting at the bench turning a crank to read the speed of one’s bullets😜

Anyway, this pretty much puts an end to the fuss about the battery, for me anyway. I have a gen2 (I think) Kindle I bought in 2010 and it’s still working just fine. Batteries are one thing that have really gotten better, except maybe Tesala batteries…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I took mine to an indoor range yesterday. We had people shooting on both sides of us. It picked up every shot of mine and none of the shots of the shooters next to me. It just continues to impress.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I guess another rifle will have to go down the road so's I can have one too.

How long are the wait times by now?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am very impressed with my Garmin. 100% of shots captured. No shots from other lanes captured. Rechargeable batteries are great, no worry of forgetting to remove an alkaline battery that leaks and ruins your electronics. Its small and takes up virtually no room in the range bag and no POI shifts like the Magnetospeed.

I ran mine four hours and still had well over half battery power. It can be charged in your truck on the way to the range or run a little battery bank. Lack of replaceable batteries is no problem for me.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Well I guess another rifle will have to go down the road so's I can have one too.

Mine was in-stock at Cabela's. I cashed in my points and took advantage of the cardmember sale that was $75 off a $500 purchase.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Midway shipped mine, its out for delivery now. Hope fully some time to go play with it next week.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was out with it this morning and the joy continues. The Shotview app works well. My fingers not so much.

It was cool. Three or four degrees Celsius or about 37-38 foreignheat. The Garmin worked as expected, but I neglected to torque the forend so the rifle was spitting shots wherever it felt like. smile No problem. I will reshoot.

The first group looked odd, and quickly got worse. Regardless, the Garmin counted everything. It didn't mind the cool temperatures and the rain.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by catnthehat
I have barely pulled my Labradar out of the box since we got these. Nuthin' like seeing your velocity right at the target!
Cat
Yes, but how accurate are those numbers? I've been told they shouldn't be trusted, especially if the bullet isn’t flying perfectly perpendicular to the target.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m hoping to get out and test my Garmin on Sunday. I’ve had a Magneeto Speed Sporter for 2 or 3 years now. It did the job, but I got tired of retightening it every 2-3 shots. I was an eyeing a Labradar, it when these were announced I was on the hunt for one. After a shipping debacle with UPS due to a lithium battery, the local BPS had them in stock about three weeks before Christmas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by catnthehat
I have barely pulled my Labradar out of the box since we got these. Nuthin' like seeing your velocity right at the target!
Cat
Yes, but how accurate are those numbers? I've been told they shouldn't be trusted, especially if the bullet isn’t flying perfectly perpendicular to the target.
My buddy was out one day with his labradar.
At 300 and 500 meters it was right in there with the numbers off the Shotmarker and breaking down the velocity numbers , both units were within 3FPS at the muzzle.

Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Pretty sure I'd enjoy having a Garmin, but my Magnetospeed V3 which cost me $400 delivered will just have to puke and die before I lay down the coin for the Garmin at $600+

Meanwhile that $600 will help keep me supplied in handloading consumables.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Kenlguy

Many dealers are out of stock currently. Gunmagwarehouse shows them in stock.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are a lot of Labradar’s popping up for sale here in Canada so I’m assuming the Garmin units are selling well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine will be arriving at the LGS on Tuesday. Chomping at the bit to try it out while sighting in the Ruger Gen II 450 Bushmaster.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I'll tell ya pilgrim..........I have a CED chrono with the infrared screens and a Shooting Chrono as well. They do both work OK and miss a few shots here and there and will not pick up pellets or arrows. The Garmin has picked up every rifle I have shot it with as well as arrows and pellets. It is the simplest device that actually works perfect that I own? Kind of a nice surprise.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I would suspect it will put labradar out of business unfortunately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Evolve or die, same as everything else. It appears to me that Garmin took what they had for other sports and tweaked it for a new use. They evolved and are taking the market by storm.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
I would suspect it will put labradar out of business unfortunately.

I don't know if "unfortunately" is the word here. I agree with Pappy. They must evolve or die, and I suspect they know exactly what they have to do. We progress by challenging what has come before.

Sink or swim.

Adapt and overcome.

Invent a better mousetrp.

For the general public, easy set up and an intuitive menu are a definite requirement - and a big selling point.

If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,887 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,907
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.