Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
if you try to make the bull riding about brute strength you're going to get hurt and you're going to get hurt bad. it's about ability and agility.

if there's one physical trait that really helps a lot it is flexibility

Last edited by ldholton; 12/30/23.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mrmeener
she is a hindu snake charmer. if she plays a flute to the bull might calm him down enough for her to ride. no matter where you go street schitters are everywhere taking over everything

She's an American Indian numbnuts.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
For all of the complaints on this site and others about “soy boys.” I’ve seen a hypocritical trend towards more girls and woman wanting to compete in traditionally masculine activities or work at male jobs. Often at jobs that they’re not capable of fully doing without help from male coworkers or crying on job sites due to how a boss spoke to them.

The same guys that will ridicule soy boys will cheerlead girls and woman bending equally valuable social norms.

When a wuss male breaks social norms he’s a soy boy. When a female does it and crows about believing that she “don’t need no man” guys fall inline to praise it.

What a strange post. Where did this girl say "I don't need no man?" I read the article but I missed that part. And where is she asking for help from her male counterparts, I must've missed that too?

And why is it hypocritical to be dismissive of soy boys who can't do the things most men do, but celebrate a woman who far exceeds what most women do?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
penis envy , what could go wrong ?

I do enjoy that she has the freedom to pursue her desires.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by mrmeener
she is a hindu snake charmer. if she plays a flute to the bull might calm him down enough for her to ride. no matter where you go street schitters are everywhere taking over everything

She's an American Indian numbnuts.
smoke my pole. she can smoke peace pipe with the bull before the ride

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good to see you're an equal opportunity bigot. Most people with your IQ are limited in their bigotry.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL - Why the angst? She’s doing her thing and not asking for any BS consideration from the guys. Good for her! There’s a lot to be learned from this. That’s the way life is supposed to work. The hand wringing about her getting hurt applies equally to the boys. Is it the girls aren’t supposed to get hurt that bothers some you? I wish her well in her pursuit of her goals.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I’m 50 and have ridden horses my entire life. My dad trained racehorses, so I grew up in that industry, and even worked in it when I was older, including as an exercise rider. He bought me my first horse when I was 4 or 5. I rode in playdays when I was little and rodeoed and rode bulls as a teenager and young adult. I still ride horses regularly and compete in ranch sorting about twice a month.

I’ve known some fine horse women, some could ride as good or better than most men, and I’ve been beaten by several, but there is a world of difference between riding horses and riding bulls. Running barrels, riding racehorses, and mounted shooting are not even in the same universe as bull riding.

The idea that it doesn’t take strength to ride bulls is vastly overstated. It’s true that you cannot cover a bull by strength alone as it also takes excellent balance, athleticism, and being able to make the right moves at the right time, but strength matters too. Upper body strength is particularly important, along with a strong grip. Not to mention having enough arm strength to prevent the bull from jerking it straight and hyperextending your elbow or tearing your shoulder. It’s true that physics favors a smaller rider but look at male bull riders without a shirt and you’ll see lean bodies that are hardened with muscle. These guys are strong. There is a reason for this.

Did anyone pay attention to the bulls this girl rode? I don’t mean to speak despairingly towards her as and there is much about her that I admire, but her bulls were hop/skipping and not really bucking. They certainly weren’t bucking with any kind of height or real power. I posted a link below to the 2019 National High School Finals Bull Riding. Compare these bulls to the ones she was riding. The difference is dramatic. Again, there is much about this girl that I admire, but the idea that she has a prayer, let alone a realistic chance at riding bulls professionally against men is fantasy. With that said, I’m happy that she has the freedom and opportunity to pursue her passion and I wish her the best of luck

2019 NHSRA Finals: Bull Riding (youtube.com)

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,064
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.