Make a nice thump and puff when drilled with a .22 out in the front yard

Kill em out of boredom

No wonder so much karma rides on my shoulders 💀

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
They are delicious. Taste just like a dove.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by ol_mike
.... boggles the mind to think how many it would be , it has to be in the billions.

BILLIONS???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Maybe I should have left the S off - not plural .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by M16
That explains why my grandfather, when he was young and poor, used to trap and eat them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been out bowhunting deer all week in Northern Virginia adjacent some land that was clear cut about ten years that's all natural regeneration today thick with southern yellow pine and oak may 20 feet or so tall. The robins have been in the clear cut all week. Tuesday evening I was 20 feet up hickory tree in my summit in a wetland between 2 clear cuts. The robins would land in the tree and take off with an audible woosh you could feel there were so many the tree would shutter and they probably pooped on me 6 times or more in a few hours.

Friday I was in a tree 4,300 feet away according to Huntstand and could hear them from there it is literally a cacophony. The numbers of them were astounding something I've never seen before. There were some cedar waxwings and flickers in one tree that just didn't move for over 2 hours until dark. Leaving the woods after dark the robins were throwing fits about my headlight.

Been hunting a long time and first I've seen this activity.

Good luck, shoot straight and Happy New Year y'all

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Funny you say that Scottishkat. I was hunting in SE Wis. yesterday and the day before. The first day , I could not believe my ears. They sounded like robins , but I said no way are they robins.. Then I saw 4 of them close enough to be sure. The next day I saw 3. I have never seen a robin this late and I even saw 2 worms yesterday morning. I never ever saw a worm in December up here. I am sure we will get some winter, but it is much like mid November weather out there. Also, it is unreal that almost the whole U.P. has no snow at all unless they got some today . Yesterday there was none at all .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They would be so busy on the forest floor they would only move several feet out of my way as I walked through, letting me often get within 12-20 feet before hopping a few more feet away.

It was almost impossible to see a squirrel moving in the trees as my eyes worked overtime jumping from one flicker of movement to another trying to decipher fur from feather.

I know what you mean, we were sitting in the middle of the 2-track not hiding in any way and they were just fluttering about somtimes just a few feet away from our heads.

It was really cool to have happen and be part of. It's something that has stayed fresh in my mind all these years.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
They would be so busy on the forest floor they would only move several feet out of my way as I walked through, letting me often get within 12-20 feet before hopping a few more feet away.

It was almost impossible to see a squirrel moving in the trees as my eyes worked overtime jumping from one flicker of movement to another trying to decipher fur from feather.

I know what you mean, we were sitting in the middle of the 2-track not hiding in any way and they were just fluttering about somtimes just a few feet away from our heads.

It was really cool to have happen and be part of. It's something that has stayed fresh in my mind all these years.

Yep, Paul, it's amazing to see.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I heard a bunch of birds in the woods about dark. They may be here.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by M16

This. When I've seem them migrating and real thick I'd think back to the times a few of us kids camped out and had a good meal of robins, killdeer, meadowlark, dove and spring frog cooked on green sticks over Campfire coals.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Their numbers have dropped off in the last three weeks - still a lot but nothing like they were.
We had three warm days a few weeks ago and a tail-wind for them out of the southeast - from tall tree-top level to so high I could barely see them - didn't look real . Massive numbers .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
What would be a good way to trap them , - Nets ?

Posted by Bristoe
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What would be a good way to trap them , - Nets ?
Granddad never said how he did it.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
10 4

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They heard the Democrats were going to pass a law granting illegal birds amnesty in exchange for their vote.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Peddler
They heard the Democrats were going to pass a law granting illegal birds amnesty in exchange for their vote.
You serious ??????????

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Peddler
You serious ??????????

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by M16

This. When I've seem them migrating and real thick I'd think back to the times a few of us kids camped out and had a good meal of robins, killdeer, meadowlark, dove and spring frog cooked on green sticks over Campfire coals.
It never occurred to me before to eat spring frogs but they make great catfish bait!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Several years ago I was bear hunting in the Ozark National Forest and a Robin migration was flying through. They were on every tree limb and covered the ground around me as far as I could see. There had to be millions of them. Never seen so many since.

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven’t seen any here in south Louisiana so far . We usually have plenty this time of year.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.