Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Since we’re headed for stupid soon

Go ahead and scrape off your giant NRA life member placards, bassmaster decals, Tommy and Tammy Browning stickers on each door window, Real Tree Outdoors, 3ft Matthews Solocam bowfag stickers, etc etc

🤣
Will confess to LOL'ing at this.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lay down a blanket in the back of the SUV.
Put layer of long guns down.
Lay or fold a blanket on top.
Put another layer of long guns down
lather, rinse, repeat.

Put each handgun in a sock.
Fill up a file folder box with handguns.

To unload, get a good parking spot.
Best to have two people, one moving, one guarding.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Moving in and around humid areas, be careful leaving guns in any kind of case for any period of time. Wiping them down with a silicone or oil cloth will help…
BOOM!

Place in back of pos rambler station wagon, turn key and drive way. Pack a bologna sandwich
......and some coffee.. laugh laugh

Good advice above though.. One I didn't see was to ensure you have some way of being warned (electronically or?) if someone's trying to get into your vehicle or trailer when you stop for the night to sleep. Don't park in a back lot at any motel. Out front, under the lights if possible, with your room's window facing the spot where you're parked.. Have the key fob handy and IF you see somebody scoping out the truck, hit the panic button.. That can make 'em hit the road most times..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What Redneck says.

1Minute
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A rainbow flag rear window decal and a "Kiss me I'm vegan" bumper sticker should help with security.

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Since we’re headed for stupid soon

Go ahead and scrape off your giant NRA life member placards, bassmaster decals, Tommy and Tammy Browning stickers on each door window, Real Tree Outdoors, 3ft Matthews Solocam bowfag stickers, etc etc

🤣

LMFAO! That's funny (and sadly true) chit right there!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sack ups and a uhaul wardrobe box , worked for me and there were several.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gun socks. Stack em up and drive off.

Or perhaps I misunderstood the question.

Almost forgot….don’t stop In Memphis!!!

Last edited by gregintenn; 12/31/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Robster
I moved across the country. Put everything I owned in a horse trailer and took off. When packing the trailer I put the safe in first, wrapped all the guns in towels and sweatshirts(they needed to be moved too) and packed them in the safe. Everything else was loaded in the trailer around and on top of the safe. Trailer was packed full and would have taken an hour or so to even get to the safe if you knew it was in there. Everything arrived safe and sound. Even drove through Illinois.

This just about exactly for me except it was the biggest Penske truck they rent and it would’ve taken longer than an hour to get to the safe. Just made sure I overnighted in safe places.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What are you laughing at? Federal law??

Or is it just your need to broadcast your stupidity to the world?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I drove a substantial number of firearms from Houston to Calgary with zero issues. All were either in cases or socks. This was in January 2005.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by RAM
What are you laughing at? Federal law??

Or is it just your need to broadcast your stupidity to the world?

Now THAT is even funnier.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no way I am trusting a cross country move to socks. Panic stop, hard acceleration etc. resulting in any shifting could cause a rub from one bolt to a wood stock. Soft cases are the way to go. Not saying it hasn't been done but I like my condition more than that. YMMV

Ryan

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gunsocks suck big time! There are too many hard edges and soft places on guns. I have received multiple guns in a single container many times with damage... usually after explaining why to avoid socks. I had a case custom-sewn to hold 7 guns. They go in from each side and get rolled up after. I use it quite a bit when taking longer hunts where I might bring guns for varmints, and birds, and bears...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 78CJ
There is no way I am trusting a cross country move to socks. Panic stop, hard acceleration etc. resulting in any shifting could cause a rub from one bolt to a wood stock. Soft cases are the way to go. Not saying it hasn't been done but I like my condition more than that. YMMV

Ryan
You beat me to it...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robster
I moved across the country. Put everything I owned in a horse trailer and took off. When packing the trailer I put the safe in first, wrapped all the guns in towels and sweatshirts(they needed to be moved too) and packed them in the safe. Everything else was loaded in the trailer around and on top of the safe. Trailer was packed full and would have taken an hour or so to even get to the safe if you knew it was in there. Everything arrived safe and sound. Even drove through Illinois.

I moved over 100 long guns plus pistoles that way 5 gun safes full of blankets bubble wrap 1300klm for a buddy , no problems.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Why would you ever admit to moving from Texas to Georgia?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stammster
Clearly, a social climber!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Stammster
Clearly, a social climber!
Yep. Better than the other way around.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still looking at your pecker huh?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.