Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
New here just a month or three ago and just beginning to learn. Who knew at my age I would be chasing rifles older than me.

I hope to be around a bunch more in '24.

Happy New Year!

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Happy New Year to all.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Best Wishes in 2024 ! Should be a good one .
Remember to be a true sportsman at all times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy New Year and best wishes for everyone to enjoy health and great happiness in their outdoor adventures.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Happy New Year from Kansas !
Hope to meet more of you in the coming year.

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Happy New Year, everybody!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Happy New Year!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Happy New Year.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Still lurking in the shadows. HNY to all

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Still watching and learning...

IC B3

P
P
Happy New Year to all. Health and Prosperity!
Spent the year lurking and learning . Thank You all!

Was gifted a savage 99. Model? 24 inch barrel, 300 savage, bluing and rifling indicate carried a lot, shot little. period correct peep on tang, williams filler in rear dovetail, 2 piece tip off mounts of some sort on receiver,( still fighting to remove one screw). 231, xxx serial range.
Need to replace rear original stock that both receiver tabs/ears have been broken off and hastily epoxied. shotgun serrated steel butt plate,
3 inch tang slot, 5 inch attachment bolt. weinigs was kind enough to call me back over the holiday. Respectfully, the price is a bit prohibitive
for what i had planned for the gun. I may purchase a servicable Brownells.

Best Rgards to all
Jim

P
P
Oh, the savage barrel reciever Logo is on lower left side, scope mount holes up top on center clear metal. Look very similar to 2 piece weavers.
Thanks
Jim

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Everyone have a Happy and Blessed New Years. Still here in the northern fringes of the Great State of Iwaaa' in the Good Ol' USA!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"The Universe gave you 1 mouth and two ears, use them proportionately"

The advice I follow here.

Happy New Year to all you Savages!

And may this be the year that Unicorn, known as the HP 22 T, finally make an appearance!

Blitz

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An interesting thing about collecting is that it helps narrow and refine a mans focus. You try them all, but in the end find that only *some* do it for you. One, two, or if you're lucky a few, really stir your spirit and spur your activity and thought. I see it in all manner of collecting, from cars to real estate to women! You may have a gaggle of geese, but one goose, that one, is special.

Have been very happily shooting and hunting a Savage rifle or two for several decades. I came to the Campfire a number of years ago researching a single rifle and it snowballed to collecting Savage lever guns. My thanks to you all for encouraging the passion and helping to make finding, admiring, and using them an enjoyable hobby. You all have enriched my life and the use of Savage rifles is something that will remain in my life until hunting and shooting are no longer possible.

I have deeply explored and enjoyed the machinations of all things Savage, well, most things Savage, but ultimately l find myself just a hunter and shooter. A backwoods, and probably backwards, Oregon boy that likes to run the hills in an old truck. The thrill for me is the hunt, the drive, everything I find while I'm running the mountains. I've given myself permission to embrace what I love more and let go of the Savage collecting. I have been letting go of the accumulation of "stuff" for two years, continually redefining, and refining, what I like most and trying to get me some more a that, while simultaneously freeing up funds by paring back the collection.

What I need most at this point in time is, experiences. I'm a bit of a minimalist in some ways, but I like my rifles and my body to be comfortable. Savages have always been the comfort food of guns for me. The way they carry, the way they shoot, the way they just work, so damned well, for their intended purpose. They aren't target rifles, but hunting arms. And hunt they do.

Collecting them is such a natural outgrowth of using them it's nearly unavoidable in it's simple logic. But in the end, honestly, how many do I need? Two would probably hunt all I hunt. So, since being locked in a safe isn't much of a life for such a fine hunting rifle, I've chosen to pass them to people that want to admire and use them. Many have gone to *shooters* rather than strict collectors, and that makes me VERY happy. Many have gone to friends and acquaintances that have caught the Savage bug and have now spawned collections of their own. I encourage them at every turn and they both bless me and curse me for it. LOL

Anyways, I'm still here, albeit in a diminished capacity, with a limited shelf-life I am afraid. Just wanted to let everyone know I've appreciated the years of knowledge and encouragement, and that is has blessed and enriched my life.

May God Bless America in these troubled times and God Bless Arthur Savage for his vision and perseverance in designing and producing these wonderful firearms that we all enjoy so damn much.

LOL
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Still Lurking Along! Happy New Year All !!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Here, Happy New Year!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Happy New Year everyone

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy New Year, still here.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Still here and wishing everyone a very happy and prosperous new year.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,624
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.