Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
When I shot FTR long range at Winnequah Gun Club they had a 1200 yard firing line setup just for fun. It was not part of the course of fire for state or national champ tournaments.

Winnequah Gun Club is in WI though, the guys in western states have an advantage where greater distance is possible.

WGC is hosting the 2024 F-Class National Champs

https://winnequahgunclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/2024-F-CLASS-NATL-CH-PROGRAM.pdf

GOA
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by ldholton
I would say the answer would vary with the different disciplines. it's discipline takes its own unique set of skills. Benchrest , F class silhouette, PRC , the granted the same people can usually Excel when they change over to a different discipline great example is David Tubbs. a lot of people or maybe most people know the name through the camp Perry shooting with the man also dominated the silhouette game for many years..

Most accomplished LR shooter in history, and it ain't even remotely close.
and one of the nicest class acts you'll ever get beat by .. lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
why don't you fuggers organize a "Campfire Shootoff" ???... should be fun... that is, if ya don't get ta fightin'... hell, maybe thad' be more fun!...

Oh yea! Like a postal match where you have a trusted witness and post up results.

There will be a bunch of "lying liars" and stupid gif images along with massive character assassination posts from a couple esteemed "members".
I had thrown out the idea of a Campfire Olympics about 14-15 years ago. shooting, archery among other things, and a boxing ring lol.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
why don't you fuggers organize a "Campfire Shootoff" ???... should be fun... that is, if ya don't get ta fightin'... hell, maybe thad' be more fun!...

Oh yea! Like a postal match where you have a trusted witness and post up results.

There will be a bunch of "lying liars" and stupid gif images along with massive character assassination posts from a couple esteemed "members".
I had thrown out the idea of a Campfire Olympics about 14-15 years ago. shooting, archery among other things, and a boxing ring lol.
I bet Burns wishes heโ€™d done it back then. #betonherselfandlost

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
[quote=ldholton]
Do I know you ??[/quote

I've shot Snakes match 9 times. I remember seeing you there a couple of times. I usually hung around the Colorado crowd (don't hold that against me though).

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim270
[quote=ldholton]
Do I know you ??[/quote

I've shot Snakes match 9 times. I remember seeing you there a couple of times. I usually hung around the Colorado crowd (don't hold that against me though).
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I'd like to get back up there and do that some more. work stuff is just been overwhelming me the last couple years..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I would say the answer would vary with the different disciplines. it's discipline takes its own unique set of skills. Benchrest , F class silhouette, PRC , the granted the same people can usually Excel when they change over to a different discipline great example is David Tubbs. a lot of people or maybe most people know the name through the camp Perry shooting with the man also dominated the silhouette game for many years..

Most accomplished LR shooter in history, and it ain't even remotely close.
and one of the nicest class acts you'll ever get beat by .. lol

FYI, David Tubbs attended one of Whittington Centerโ€™s Sporting Rifle Matches years ago

He did not win

๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
11 Camp Perry wins.......enough said.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter

dibbs on the BBQ & Beer Tent Concessions!...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Been beaten more times than I care to admit to be claiming "best" at anything. Just a random old mountain boy who gets a kick out of shooting shi t.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can shoot quite a ways. Hitting what Iโ€™m intending to is pretty iffy though.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The younger guys at the top in the PRS and practical rifle match game now are so good itโ€™s unbelievable. The scores that we were shooting years ago and winning wouldnโ€™t place in the top 20 now.

If you want to know who the best long range shooters are, look there.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I can shoot quite a ways. Hitting what Iโ€™m intending to is pretty iffy though.

Hell, I bet I can shoot farther than you can!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Along with Perry, Tubb won 20 Silhouette titles, maybe not all LR, but Wigger won 2 gold medals, 1 bronze, 91 national championships, 27 world championships, and once held 29 world records. Who can top that with a rifle? Kim Rhode has to be up there with a shotgun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I've posted this before, but I'll put it up again. I have went head to head, or rubbed elbows with the best (mostly silhouette shooters) Wigger, Tubb, O'Neil, Sanchez, Lopez, Flint, Mullins, to name a few. Most are very low key. Point being it's different than being an internet key pounding blowhard, that when pressed can't come up with one thing that signifies he's even shot one match.

If there was a field of say 25 shooters, worn out old men (much like myself), old ladies, and kids just out of square pants, that Sticky shot against, he would be lucky to place 15th let alone going against the best here.

Nancy and Sherry Tompkins will beat any man here.....or wherever! Most don't even know the names!!

You forgot Michelle!

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Along with Perry, Tubb won 20 Silhouette titles, maybe not all LR, but Wigger won 2 gold medals, 1 bronze, 91 national championships, 27 world championships, and once held 29 world records. Who can top that with a rifle? Kim Rhode has to be up there with a shotgun.

The question is who is the best long range shooter on the fire

The people you reference donโ€™t post here.

Even if they did, the question of โ€œbest long range shooterโ€ is generic.

So a guy who shoots a 20 pound rifle from adjustable rests and is allowed multiple โ€œsightersโ€ who wins shoots in his discipline is a better Long Range Shooter than a competitor who is on the clock, finding, ranging, and shooting targets out to 1200 yards from field positions, taking rests from boulders, tree limbs, Standing , kneeling, sitting, off of props, gates and logs, with only one attempt at each target?

I laugh in your general direction

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
And this thread goes sideways................

GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
One thing for sure, it ainโ€™t Whelen manโ€ฆ

I've seen you shoot, you shoot pretty good for a 300 year old guy!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molษ”ฬ€หn labรฉ skรฝla

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

The question is who is the best long range shooter on the fire

The people you reference donโ€™t post here.

Even if they did, the question of โ€œbest long range shooterโ€ is generic.

So a guy who shoots a 20 pound rifle from adjustable rests and is allowed multiple โ€œsightersโ€ who wins shoots in his discipline is a better Long Range Shooter than a competitor who is on the clock, finding, ranging, and shooting targets out to 1200 yards from field positions, taking rests from boulders, tree limbs, Standing , kneeling, sitting, off of props, gates and logs, with only one attempt at each target?

I laugh in your general direction

I wouldn't have a clue who would be the best long range shooter on the fire. Who would you say it was? I have noticed that you post your scores from time to time from the monthly DNGC matches. I also noticed that you didn't do very well with the Decembers match, and I haven't seen you post any results with a rifle. Back to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And this thread goes sideways................

Itโ€™s actually redirected back on track from the best long range shooter in general to what the OP was, the Best Long Range Shooter on the Fire

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,732
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.