Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by gunzo
A powder cache might "blow" or no telling what else, but how does an ammo cache ????

Duh.

Completely different ball game- ammo including artillery ammo I assume- which has explosive warheads which can explode.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
A powder cache might "blow" or no telling what else, but how does an ammo cache ????

Ask the OP, he's the one who added that language. It wasn't in the story.

It's the Headline of the story dumb chit.

If you had bothered to click on the link, you would know that.

LOL, I did read it Karen, the headline of the story is just what's stated in the body of your post and the word "blows" is nowhere to be found in the headline---you added the word "blows" in your thread title numbnuts.

The headline says the ammo "ignited" you fùcking dumbass. Just like everything else in a house that burns to the ground.

So what's your angle here, why have you sensationalized a house fire where some small arms ammo ignited and cooked off? You sound like some yammering old woman who knows jack shìt about firearms.

And WTF is a "cache" of ammo anyway? A brick of .22 LR? "OMG that's 500 rounds, why do you need all that?"

Which one of us here doesn't have a "cache" of ammo? That's an emotionally charged word used by pearl-clutching Karens and you took it and ran with it.

Congratulations.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
He uses a military munitions plant with all it's goodies inside, in a time war, blowing up to compare to a residential "ammo cache" DUH

Watch the saami vid. watch it again.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
How did they determine they were "Automatic weapons". Did they have bump stocks and force reset triggers on them?

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Chrome
Been to many of fires with ammo. It generally cooks off. Has never stopped us from an offensive fire attack.
exactly. To a T you hit this on the head. I've fought enough structure fires with ammo and guns and its never been an issue. And never blown up.

Someone forgot to check gas or something else involved in that fire.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you have not learned by now, "supfoo" is a leftist sock puppet troll. His stock in trade is exaggeration, hyperbole, fabrication, and obfuscation.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So what?

Last edited by Tip926; 01/02/24.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Didn’t Julian Hatcher write a big "notebook" on this subject.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If you have not learned by now, "supfoo" is a leftist sock puppet troll. His stock in trade is exaggeration, hyperbole, fabrication, and obfuscation.
Don't hang around this poo hole site often enough to get that part. Its one of the reasons I suppose.

Btw I think it was you that mentioned vehicle prices going down. We bought way before we had planned and even though our market area is high, it saved some cash for sure I'm certain. Thanks

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Calling BS on this. It was probably a gas leak and they're likely blaming it on ammo to further their agenda of disarming US citizens just because the ammo was also present.

The writer goes overboard in making a point that guns and ammo were there and some ammo cooked off, but it says nothing about ammo or powder being the cause:

from the article:
The cause of the fire has not been determined.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Calling BS on this. It was probably a gas leak and they're likely blaming it on ammo to further their agenda of disarming US citizens just because the ammo was also present.

The writer goes overboard in making a point that guns and ammo were there and some ammo cooked off, but it says nothing about ammo or powder being the cause:

from the article:
The cause of the fire has not been determined.

And the cause of the explosion? Which may be totally different than the cause of the fire...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

NO, smokeless powder will burn, not "BLOW".

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by Sycamore; 01/02/24.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Foo Boy is such a Drama Queen. No Explosion, Ammo wasn't the cause, and didn't hamper the fire Being put out. But that wouldn't be a story...

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
as others have opined, this is mostly a BS 'news story'. Ammo just does not blow up like that. Black powder, yeah, but not loaded cartridges

Sam......

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by steve4102

Kindly notice the lack of the word "smokeless" in my comment. That's the stuff on the the shelf in the basement directly under my bedroom. Ain't skeered.

Lord black is in a shed in the back yard.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Out of curiosity - I've never used Tannerite. What will it do in a fire?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've only been around Tannerite once and that was on a Utah vacation. As I remember the stuff is a 2 part dry mix. Without mixing it, it won't do anything. Once mixed I remember it was still a little hard to set off. A Lee in 303 wouldn't set it off at 100 yards, we had to use my 204 to ignite it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When it exploded, it only tore the poster in half.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MickinColo; 01/02/24.
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Uncontained, yes. Contained, it explodes.

Many years ago, as kids we would toss .22RF cartridges into burning piles of leaves we had raked-up. Every one exploded. Actually lifting the leaf piles up. Sounded like fire crackers.

So all you internet experts, next time you have a camp fire burning, throw some .22RF cartridges into it. See what happens. Hell, throw some 5.56 or 7.62 cartridges into the fire. See what happens. And keep sitting next to the burning fire. You don't get to run away. I dare you. Hell, I double dare you. You will find out "ignite" and "cook-off" are euphemisms for "explode".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Uncontained, yes. Contained, it explodes.

Many years ago, as kids we would toss .22RF cartridges into burning piles of leaves we had raked-up. Every one exploded. Actually lifting the leaf piles up. Sounded like fire crackers.

So all you internet experts, next time you have a camp fire burning, throw some .22RF cartridges into it. See what happens. Hell, throw some 5.56 or 7.62 cartridges into the fire. See what happens. And keep sitting next to the burning fire. You don't get to run away. I dare you. Hell, I double dare you. You will find out "ignite" and "cook-off" are euphemisms for "explode".

Watch the SAAMI video, popping off is far from an "explosion".

Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Chrome
Been to many of fires with ammo. It generally cooks off. Has never stopped us from an offensive fire attack.

Bingo.

The problem is that most people reading that don't understand that, including gun guys. I usually show them this film and they seem to understand after that.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.