Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by HalH
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Now that's a good looking Reproduction.

Can't wait to see the shooting results.

HS 58

Well thanks! Here are the 2 best targets of the day. 2 different brands of ammo:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And then back to the Wolf Match Extra to confirm ammo, zero and rifle:

I'm pretty happy with it. A very nice late Christmas present.. I'm glad I did not pass it up at that shop.

BSA

That's a shooting machine. At what range were those groups fired. They might have been smaller if the benches weren't shaking. smile
What's the story on those benches. Are they made out of 3/4" plate ?

Hal

Thanks Hal. That is the 50 yard rimfire range. Yeah, those benches are beasts. I like them. They were donated to the range by a welding shop. They are 1" steel plate.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
I bought myself a 70 left hand Safari Express in 375 H&H. NIB. Been looking for one for quite a while. Merry Xmas to me 😀😀

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Gents, i pulled all the old vintage ammo yesterday, simply cant chance a hangfire/detonation etc, brass resized and primed with cci-250's, will begin new load development soon, 175gr grand slams over imr-4350 will get it done.

Damn cool thread, great shooting rimfires, sweet compact, safari express and hell of a spruce up job on that one Fubar!

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Nollij
Not a rifle, but I did get a nice long action featherweight stock to upgrade my recently purchased 270 Win Model 70 Ranger. Thanks Santa!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nice wood.

Congrats.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Damn, I figured I'd see at least one posted. What is wrong with you guys?
Ya don't reckon Santa's gone Woke and P.C., won't handle or transport firearms?

Hmm...

DF

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks Gents, i pulled all the old vintage ammo yesterday, simply cant chance a hangfire/detonation etc, brass resized and primed with cci-250's, will begin new load development soon, 175gr grand slams over imr-4350 will get it done.

Damn cool thread, great shooting rimfires, sweet compact, safari express and hell of a spruce up job on that one Fubar!

Thanks brother Gunner,
It's good to see you back and posting. That 7mm of yours is amazing! good for you putting it to work like it was meant to do!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My pleasure Brother Fubar, great job on that model 70, it'll make you a fine hunting rifle, zeroed the irons on the old rifle with 175 grand slam load for another rifle, put two stacked right on top of each other at 100 so i know it'll like the bullet and powder, yes Sir, i took a little break to do all the Lords work i could over the last year, plus, getting a break from a couple jaw jackers here ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Hmm...

DF

A dirty african bovine cow at UPS said we dont ship ammo here as i tried to hand her my box with hazmat label plainly visible, i told her loudly bringing her politics to work was going to get her sued and fired! as i turned to leave with my box in hand the crowd was bugeyed with mouths open except for one old tall man in the back grinning at me.

i dropped box off a gunsmith, he mailed it for me ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow Gunner, Good living paid off again!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Nollij
Not a rifle, but I did get a nice long action featherweight stock to upgrade my recently purchased 270 Win Model 70 Ranger. Thanks Santa!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nice wood.

Congrats.

DF

That is a very nice stock. Love the grain in that one. Looks like it came off of a 2008 Limited edition.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Hmm...

DF

I hope not. I believe more in Santa right now than I do the current administration!!!!! FJB!!!

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
offered my son a 48 or 49 model 70 marked 30 gov't 03 (no typo), he chose a H & R Ultra rifle.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunscrew
offered my son a 48 or 49 model 70 marked 30 gov't 03 (no typo), he chose a H & R Ultra rifle.

I'd disown him!!! ha ha..

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

If he’d have had the option of a black rifle, bet he’d have picked it over both.

It’s a generational thing. Just us old fart who’d know what a pre-64 was, must less want one.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

If he’d have had the option of a black rifle, bet he’d have picked it over both.

It’s a generational thing. Just us old fart who’d know what a pre-64 was, must less want one.

DF

Sadly, I have seen the same thing. My model 70 collection will have more value as tomatoe stakes than collector pieces when I am dead.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 160user

DF

Sadly, I have seen the same thing. My model 70 collection will have more value as tomatoe stakes than collector pieces when I am dead.
I've done some thinking along those lines. Would it pay for us seasoned citizens to start marketing some of the guns in our safe that we aren't actually using?

I don't even like thinking that, but reality does eventually set in. And leaving it all for our loved ones to sort out may not be the best option.

DF

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

DF

I've done some thinking along those lines. Would it pay for us seasoned citizens to start marketing some of the guns in our safe that we aren't actually using?

I don't even like thinking that, but reality does eventually set in. And leaving it all for our loved ones to sort out may not be the best option.

DF
Sounds like a good time to start making some these available to us younger followers at BARGIN prices ! 😀

You'll shoot your eye out
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mgw619

DF

DF
Sounds like a good time to start making some these available to us younger followers at BARGIN prices ! 😀
Ha!

How young is young?

I’m younger than some here and I do like a bargain….

DF

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mgw619

DF

DF
Ha!

How young is young?

I’m younger than some here and I do like a bargain….

DF
Ha I'm 38. Probably younger than most contributing to talk about pre 64 rifles. Have no love for the black rifles. Wood/blue for me. Have yet to find my first pre64.

You'll shoot your eye out
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
“Ha I'm 38. Probably younger than most contributing to talk about pre 64 rifles. Have no love for the black rifles. Wood/blue for me. Have yet to find my first pre64.”

Well you for sure aren’t a typical youngster, think more like an old geezer.

Ha!

Good for you. At least you got some class.

DF

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,987
Posts18,481,033
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.