Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
I hope people understand those folks are actually just trying to do a job as they're told to do it. people making an ass out of their self does not help. and then that gives the workers a bit of an attitude when they got to deal with the pain in the ass public...

Agree............and at least they're working instead of sitting on their azzes and drawing welfare

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by ldholton
I hope people understand those folks are actually just trying to do a job as they're told to do it. people making an ass out of their self does not help. and then that gives the workers a bit of an attitude when they got to deal with the pain in the ass public...

Agree............and at least they're working instead of sitting on their azzes and drawing welfare

Very good points.
I’ve never been asked for my receipt when leaving Walmart, and I shop there 1-2 times a month.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I see quite a few senior citizens working at the Walmart in Helena. I make it a point to be nice to them. I have no idea what difficulties they must be going through to be working in WM at their age.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I see quite a few senior citizens working at the Walmart in Helena. I make it a point to be nice to them. I have no idea what difficulties they must be going through to be working in WM at their age.

There's a fellow in our community that's close to 80, and works at Walmart. I suspect he has to as his wife is an invalid and I know that they have incurred some high medical costs. I admire him for his work ethic.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

Well, aren't you special?

Yes I am

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool.

Let you in on a little secret - you're not obligated to stop and talk on the way out. Don't have to be a dick, don't even have to respond. Just walk on out the door and go about your business.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've never been asked here in Arkansas , in NW Florida they asked and I said no and kept walking - the end.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Bingo!

Thank God I don’t have to stand there with bad knees, half in and half out of the weather, taking crap from hassoles all day.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the end of the day, people can bitch about Wal-Mart

but they are there shopping

Walmart annual gross profit for 2021 was $138.836B, a 7.33% increase from 2020.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

Boy, you showed her. Someone working to put food on the table and they have to deal with people like you. Hate to tell you, but the employees don't set the business policy. Don't like Walmart, don't shop there.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
at the end of the day, people can bitch about Wal-Mart

but they are there shopping

Walmart annual gross profit for 2021 was $138.836B, a 7.33% increase from 2020.

Wonder if paying the right people to be deemed "essential" had any benefit?

Covtards sure helped us all out on mainstreet.

I am MAGA.
G
G
I rarely run into a Walmart employee who's and ahole. They are dealing with aholes all day and I guess it finally gets to some of them. But the ones I run into are helpful and courteous. I went to Walmart an Payson AZ, and put an ice chest and some other stuff in my cart. I get to the self check out and I scan all the stuff that was in the ice chest, but realized on the way out that I hadn't scanned the ice chest. So I went back and started doing that and a guy slips in beside me and pokes some buttons on the register keypad, and stepped back. He smiled and said he just gave me a 10% discount for being honest. He was an employee was watching for thieves at the check out area. Meanwhile there were probably 10 other aholes somewhere in the store ripping them off. They had to close down a Walmart in ABQ because of thieving. I remember back during the covidiocy when everything was locked down. Walmart and the other grocery stores (and the trucks and gas stations, etc, that supplied them) all stayed open and kept us fed. Everybody was freaking out and wearing masks and lining up for the shots, and small businesses and state offices were closed, and you had to wait outside in the cold to get into Walmart because they were forbidden from having more than X number of people inside the store at a time, and people are dying by the thousands all over the world. The Walmart employees and others like them, plus all the smaller business people that were allowed to, kept us alive during all that miserable crap. Hats off to them.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ATC

Boy, you showed her. Someone working to put food on the table and they have to deal with people like you. Hate to tell you, but the employees don't set the business policy. Don't like Walmart, don't shop there.

Okay yes I did

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Why do you people shop at stores you don't like?

Walmart drove the other stores out of rural areas.
Some folks drive a long way, to get to Walmart. Other stores are even further.

You don't have to let the Finger F--k YOUR stuff.
After you pay, it's your stuff, burden of proof of misdeeds is on them.
Not you.

"No thanks, I know what is in there!"
And don't change pace.

I've never had to say it, never been ask.
Many years ago my wife would be anxious as heck leaving,
they checked her and her sister often. First I even heard of them doing was as
we left the register and she saw them at the door. I was instantly passed,
i'm not a thief and see this as almost an accusation. The lady looked as we walked up
and i looked her in the eyes, and held them. She didn't say a word.

If you belong to any of the shopping clubs, this doesn't apply.
Their right to search is usually in the membership agreement, you consented
when you joined.

When we were Sam's members they only got me a few times,
my pissed off face usually kept them at bay.

PS. I'm told I have male RBF.
Beach vacation several years ago, we are walking through a store buying
groceries the first day there. A black guy going the other way looked at me
and said "You look like one pissed off son of a bitch". The kids and I busted out
laughing, i wasn't mad. It's just how I look. Keeps folks at bay, a good thing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hey, they are working for a living.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hey, they are working for a living.

Yes
Why harass someone just doing their job?

This steve cocksukka is willing to back up a sheister in the classifieds KNOWN AND PROVEN to be lying about lot numbers and pricing in an attempt to rip members off

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Old guy checked my receipt on my way out of Wal-Mart last summer. So I showed it to him and said; "See? I'm good to go", and then wound up talking to him a bit. I asked if he wanted to see if my receipt matched what was in my hand. He said they make him check the date on the receipt ever since some A-holes would buy something legally one day and then come back the next day with yesterdays receipt, grab the same thing off the shelf and walk out with yesterdays receipt in their hand. So now, I bet they probably come back and pull that chit later the same day.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yes it may be annoying but is it really that much of a hassle to take a few seconds to show them, after all its not like they are actually rooting through your bags etc. I have noticed the only time they even ask is if I have larger items in the cart that arent bagged. Probably due to scumbags scanning and bagging some stuff while "forgetting" to scan the larger, probably more expensive items. As I said it literally takes a few seconds and if that is all you have to beotch about in a day, IMO you had a fairly good day!!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.