Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Just discovered this series and love it . My favorite person is the guy that lives on Turtle Island. Basic skills that most people have lost. It sorta takes me back in time.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah...sure thing sock.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No, where do you watch it?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It has been on the History Channel for years. Eustice Conway, the guy that owns Turtle Island, runs a summer camp for kids. It is a quality experience I’m told. The kids get exposed to a lot of different skills, and they get to put them to use. I have always enjoyed the show.

A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
It’s on the history channel originally . I watch it on a Samsung tv that gets its stations from our internet cable service so I’m told. I’m not a tech guy. If you have not seen it, maybe someone here can tell you. If you like the outdoors , you will love it. Enjoy !! Alan

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Just discovered this series and love it . My favorite person is the guy that lives on Turtle Island. Basic skills that most people have lost. It sorta takes me back in time.

He is by far my least favorite. Give me old Tom Ohr, the trapper from MT anyday. I can't keep those shows straight but if that is the one with Marty Mariono from AK on it then he ties for first.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Useless Conway?
Seems to be in a self made problem all the time.

Marty and Tom had their business in order

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Real life tv. Really. Actual stuff happening. Real adventures. Totally honest situations where the men's lives are in peril. Eustace has to get his Kale crop in or he won't survive the winter. Marty is probably the most honest character on the show. Watched one season. Like most history channel series, pure bullscheidt. Pawn Stars. Moonshiners. Amish Mafia.
Pass from now on.
Watch one show from each new series, put it away.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Gayr n aids.

A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Alan_C

He is by far my least favorite. Give me old Tom Ohr, the trapper from MT anyday. I can't keep those shows straight but if that is the one with Marty Mariono from AK on it then he ties for first.
I like the other guys too. I like where Marty teaches his young daughter to skin animals. The turtle island guy is sometimes a bit too much, but I like the looks of the area he lives in. Other places too cold for me.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Useless episodes are nothing more than a poor soap opera. The rest have "some" relevance. Better than watching the 28 minutes of commercials & whispering, plus 1 minute of shooting, hunting vids.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they're is a lot worse on TV... but i have to agree, I could do without that Usetiss feller...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I like the one old guy in Montana and his wife. I don’t care that they aren’t living in an igloo and they drive a truck, I just like the fact that they are living in a way that THEY like and one that is a nice contrast to all the city-based crap.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I like the one old guy in Montana and his wife. I don’t care that they aren’t living in an igloo and they drive a truck, I just like the fact that they are living in a way that THEY like and one that is a nice contrast to all the city-based crap.

They are pretty nice people. I think you are talking about Tom and Nancy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes. I forgot his name but that’s the couple. I’ve always liked him, the loving way that he and his brother interact and…well…pretty much everything I’ve seen from them I’ve respected. The guys that go up to visit or help him all seem like decent people just helping a friend and neighbor.

I’m not surprised that he’s a nice guy. Do you know them well?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Eustice Conway, the guy that owns Turtle Island, runs a summer camp for kids. It is a quality experience I’m told. The kids get exposed to a lot of different skills, and they get to put them to use. I have always enjoyed the show.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
The guy that worked with Eustice had more talent be he died. Tom Orr is a talented guy, made bows, arrows and such in the ways of the Indian era. I did not care that much about Rich who always had problems with his Jeep and dogs. But like with anything, just take what you like and leave the rest. I watched it also for the scenery . Never been back east.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Eustice, Hate that guy, moans about his bills. taxes and such. If he would just pay them on time, like the rest of us?! Gets stupid young kids to pay to work for him. Smart, and he has an unending supply of them. I do hate that guy!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've watched it since it first aired. Marty was always my favorite, and then Tom. I also liked the first lion hunter, Rich, and can't stand the fool that took his place as the resident houndsman. Eustace is joke, and so is anyone else who falls for the story that he can go cut a few trees down, saw them up, and then go buy whatever he wants. The whole thing is scripted for an audience that for the most part, know absolutely nothing about the outdoor life.

BTW, Marty is on again in the new Mountain Man Alaska show. I've been watching it, and fast forwarding through the goobers that I don't care to watch, which is just about everyone else.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All these shows have continuously manufactured crisis.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,672
Posts18,513,157
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.