Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
If there weren't so many theives in stores stealing merchandise they wouldn't have to hire people to check receipts anainst the merchandise. Shop lifters should have all their fingers broken when they are caught!

Last edited by oldtimr1; 01/04/24.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AKduck
Originally Posted by TA 17 Rem
Wal-mart gives jobs to anyone that needs one even if you sick or suffer from illness. My wife was sales clerk at Wal-Mart for 3 years. She got cancer and Wal-Mart adjusted to what hours she could work and when, as cancer got worse she worked at front door greeting people and checking receipts and they provided a chair for her to sit in as she couldn't stand for long or move about a lot. Wal-mart went above and beyond taking care of its employees and their families. Most of the door greeters are either sick or dyeing so give them a break. I still go to Wal-mart often many of the employees remember me and my wife as well even though she gone and usually greeted with a hello or how you been.

Glad to hear Walmart did you well. Sorry about your wife.
now that is the type of old lady I dream of beating up. an old lady with cancer.
sorry for your loss. your wife was a brave woman till the end the same type that built this country

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
If there weren't so many theives in stores stealing merchandise they wouldn't have to hire people to check receipts anainst the merchandise. Shop lifters should have all their fingers broken when they are caught!

Truth ^ ^ ^ ^
The places around the country where shoplifting
has been encouraged by the DA's refusal to
prosecute shoplifting cases have seen a dramatic
rise in crime rates. So you see many businesses
padlocking the doors and getting out.
John "Let 'Em Go " Creuzot has just about single
handedly doubled the shoplifting rate in this area,
and there's a good many businesses that have
pulled up stakes and cut their losses.
Not much choice of grocery stores or any
place to ship out parcels and such besides
the indifferent post office and the usual psuedo
food joints- McSalty's, Booger Queen, Jack in
the Crack, Taco Smell, etc. etc.

Even the closest wallyworld has had to put
things behind lock and key such as toiletries
and baby formula and the sex potions.
The bakery stuff, cookies individual pies and
such are scarce because of the hoodrats
that already have gubmint food allowances
bring a cartload of welfare/anchor babies
and wheel them straight to the pastries and
each lil grimy hand gets a couple, then to
the juice boxes fo de kids, and momma takes
a red drank outta the pack fo herself.
Then to the produce to get a package of
grapes for all to share while momma wheels
around picking out select cuts of meat
and dirtbags like me have to stir through
and look for the cheap package of baloney

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So what's the purpose of checking the date on the receipt of a person that an employee just watched scan, bag and pay for all of their items? Policy isn't law btw.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
So what's the purpose of checking the date on the receipt of a person that an employee just watched scan, bag and pay for all of their items? Policy isn't law btw.

Exactly.

They have the right to tell someone not to come back as long as it isn’t based on one of the lefts protected classes (the same various protected classes that are most likely to commit crimes).They have no legal right to demand a receipt without reasonable belief of a crime.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

Wow you're a dick to store employees...congrats?

I hate to break it to you but Walmart is a private company and you're on private property. They have a right to check your receipt. If you don't like the policy you could always get a better job and shop somewhere else.

Your wrong as usual. Once you pay, the goods are your property. Now, Sams club.... they have the right to check it because you agreed to it in the contract you signed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by grovey
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

Wow you're a dick to store employees...congrats?

I hate to break it to you but Walmart is a private company and you're on private property. They have a right to check your receipt. If you don't like the policy you could always get a better job and shop somewhere else.

Your wrong as usual. Once you pay, the goods are your property. Now, Sams club.... they have the right to check it because you agreed to it in the contract you signed.
Costco has always checked receipts in every store I have been in.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just smile at them and they don’t ask.

White privilege.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My daughter works at our local Walmart and has stopped people walking out with carts full of non paid for items. We don’t have a regular person checking receipts here at the door.
If you give my daughter grief about some little bull Schitt you will get an ass chewing and leave the store with your tail between your legs.
I have no idea where she got that trait from. Lol. Edk

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Maybe because the place where they check out and the exit are far apart and out of sight of each other. Not rocket science.!!

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh yea

Sorry folks we’re all outta salmon jerky. Even that’s all we do. Little Chief been too drunk to fish.
yeah, but we can sell you a fresh steelhead we have over in that ice chest.

As you open the lid and it knocks your snooter back into your teeth. 😶😶

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by auk1124
They irk me when they watch me scan all my chit at the self checkout, pay, get my receipt, walk three feet to where they're standing, and then they ask for my receipt.

You watched me scan, bag and pay for my sack of crap, Gertrude. No receipt for you.
Considering all the trouble self-checkout causes them, that they have to do all that, you'd think they'd just have a cashier check you out instead.

Wal-Mart is phasing out the self checkouts in some states, because loss due to theft has doubled with the self checkout. For the same reason the Dollar store is doing the same thing in some places.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
Maybe because the place where they check out and the exit are far apart and out of sight of each other. Not rocket science.!!
Reread my quote where I said that an employee of Walmart, the same store just watched the person scan, bag and pay for all of their items.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ever hear of kids returning with a receipt, restocking their cart with the same items, and heading for the door? Dates and time stamps have some value. So, don't drop that receipt in the waste bin as soon as one exits.

I don't do Walmart, but I do stop for the Costco ladies. I'm old, retired, and try not to be an ass to anyone just doing their job. If life gave me a do over, there's no way I'd want to be involved in retail sales today.

We presently live in a small community with fewer issues than metropolis. I fill our rigs at the station, and then go inside to pay the bill. None of this prepay/credit card bullsh-t we get damned near everywhere else. Still though, our local mom n pop stores experience problems. Lady who does an art/framing shop recently had a van load of obvious non-residents roar in with one individual tying her up with a wealth of questions. When they left without making a purchase, she realized she'd been ripped off including some irreplaceable artwork that had been left with her for framing. Can one even imagine the phone calls she was saddled with?

Same bunch hit an isolated gas station/high value curio shop about 30 miles down the road with an identical MO.

As to self-checkout, that practice should simply be outlawed. I equate that to using your gas pump, and I'll stop in at the end of the month and tell you how much I owe. A business that would not last long.

Watched a show recently where wallets were dropped on the street. In the Scandanavian countries all were returned intact. Here in the US about 10%. Sadly, we're not blessed with a population of angels.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/04/24.

1Minute
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by auk1124
They irk me when they watch me scan all my chit at the self checkout, pay, get my receipt, walk three feet to where they're standing, and then they ask for my receipt.

You watched me scan, bag and pay for my sack of crap, Gertrude. No receipt for you.
Considering all the trouble self-checkout causes them, that they have to do all that, you'd think they'd just have a cashier check you out instead.

Wal-Mart is phasing out the self checkouts in some states, because loss due to theft has doubled with the self checkout. For the same reason the Dollar store is doing the same thing in some places.
Things like that used to be possible in the US, like they still are in Japan, for example, but with our current ethnic make up, and loss of fear of consequences, our society can't do it anymore.

PS In Japan, there are all sorts of stores with no staff on the premises at all. They just expect you to deposit the correct amount as you leave, and everyone does.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
WM tried All Self Check here while those ex checkers shopped for lazy online shoppers, the price we pay must reflect some of that cost.
Now they have no shopping bags, counts me out. Wonder what's next-advanced theft classes for kids!
I have been shopping infrequently there since WM came here, they have made it difficult to continue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tripod3
WM tried All Self Check here while those ex checkers shopped for lazy online shoppers, the price we pay must reflect some of that cost.
Now they have no shopping bags, counts me out. Wonder what's next-advanced theft classes for kids!
I have been shopping infrequently there since WM came here, they have made it difficult to continue.

Lazy online shoppers? So you'd rather make a trip to WalMart than just have it delivered to your front door for the same cost? I guess we have different amounts of expendable time and what we prefer to do with it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Lazy online shoppers? So you'd rather make a trip to WalMart than just have it delivered to your front door for the same cost? I guess we have different amounts of expendable time and what we prefer to do with it.

I’d pay extra just to not have to go to a fuggin Walmart.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh yea

Sorry folks we’re all outta salmon jerky. Even that’s all we do. Little Chief been too drunk to fish.
yeah, but we can sell you a fresh steelhead we have over in that ice chest.

As you open the lid and it knocks your snooter back into your teeth. 😶😶
I see what you did there

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Yep, delivered to your front door for the same cost, Spreading the cost to everybody. And no they won't deliver to my door 40 miles away. Nice gaslighter, us that live out here have to do what works with our time. I don't care to pay for your shopping expense and I'm willing to bet you don't want to pay our gas to get there either.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.