Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
My favorite gunshop up here in Fairbanks had a facebook page and would post pictures when estates came in on their page. No prices.. just come in and let us see what we can do on buying, trading and selling. Another gunshop, which is a good one but trying to build a much bigger footprint decided to do the same thing. Well Facebook police decided to cut them all out. It isn't such a terrible thing but it was nice to get a preview of estate sales that were coming in and moving money around to make purchases. It also wiped out a great collection of different models and guns. Have the fun of it was to research what was what. Now Im going to have to hit it twice a week, once on Wednesdays and once on Saturdays.

Just wondering if you folks saw facebook coming out super strong against guns after the new year.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
C
Facebook sucks! I left it because of the censorship.
I do miss the family ties but I refuse to be censored voluntarily. Screw them!

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully Elon will buy it soon and send it the way of twatter

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by cvmw

Ditto. Miss the friend and family ties but after what I saw with FB around the 2020 election, I promptly closed my account.

I don’t know one friend or family member that has done the same. Heck, most of them are on tik tok all the time even tho it is widely known that is one of the top Chinese spy tools. Disappointing.

“Stand for something or fall for anything”

Last edited by hardin284; 01/04/24.

Hardin284
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you never hear about the twitter alternative Zuck created. I think its called Threads.

just another wasted few hundred million of bad ideas

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Never been on Facebook. This place is my only exposure to social media and it’s enough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Facebook? LoL. Stop feeding the Beast !!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait, Facebook is anti gun? No way.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
My favorite gunshop up here in Fairbanks had a facebook page and would post pictures when estates came in on their page. No prices.. just come in and let us see what we can do on buying, trading and selling. Another gunshop, which is a good one but trying to build a much bigger footprint decided to do the same thing. Well Facebook police decided to cut them all out. It isn't such a terrible thing but it was nice to get a preview of estate sales that were coming in and moving money around to make purchases. It also wiped out a great collection of different models and guns. Have the fun of it was to research what was what. Now Im going to have to hit it twice a week, once on Wednesdays and once on Saturdays.

Just wondering if you folks saw facebook coming out super strong against guns after the new year.

Alaska Ammo?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by K1500
JFC where do you boys come up with this fůcking shidt...
There's a ton of gun & shooting fb pages on fakebook. McMillan Rifle Stocks, Applied Ballistic, a friend of mine that manufacturers rifle actions to name a few. There's no shortage of shooting stuff ya just can't sell guns on fb.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Facebook? I'm still trying to sign up for myspace.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by K1500
JFC where do you boys come up with this fůcking shidt...
There's a ton of gun & shooting fb pages on fakebook. McMillan Rifle Stocks, Applied Ballistic, a friend of mine that manufacturers rifle actions to name a few. There's no shortage of shooting stuff ya just can't sell guns on fb.

Full disclosure, I’ve never had a Facebook account. That being said, 2 seconds of searching lead me to the link below, which is what they themselves have to say about it. I know the LGS can’t show lots of what they want to on Facebook due to their rules. Based on the info below, I’m surprised they are even allowed on Facebook. Unless ‘Ads’ are different than a business Facebook page. I don’t know, and I don’t really care.

Facebook

Last edited by K1500; 01/04/24.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Who in the hell has or wants Facebook? Not I, I am with Jack mountain, the campfire is even a bit much for me.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, they lose their damn minds over even hinting at selling a gun.

I do miss all the pages I was a member of, lots of good info. Tons more than you can find here actually, but the relentless ad whoring that FB jumped into with both feet and forces you to receive was what made me delete my account. 15 ads for every post from pages and friends was too much.

I miss too hunting down the retard leftists and hurting their fragile feelings with extreme prejudice.....FB is a target rich environment for that.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They wiped out our gun and ammo sales around here. We used to have a few in our area that moved a lot of guns and ammo. You still one selling a pew pew every now and then, they say to contact them for more info.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I recently joined a few firearm, reloading, gunsmithing forums on FB. Dropped them all after a month. Well intentioned. But the FB restrictions make them useless. Painful actually, to scroll thru... Which is the whole point of the FB rules. Neuter anything that does not promote the agenda...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Yeah, they lose their damn minds over even hinting at selling a gun.

I do miss all the pages I was a member of, lots of good info. Tons more than you can find here actually, but the relentless ad whoring that FB jumped into with both feet and forces you to receive was what made me delete my account. 15 ads for every post from pages and friends was too much.

I miss too hunting down the retard leftists and hurting their fragile feelings with extreme prejudice.....FB is a target rich environment for that.
Ya, I understand where you're coming from. A couple of things help with that issue. I don't watch many videos on fb and when I do I head over to setting and block the ads that are associated with the video. You can also block the ads that fb suggests for your interest. I used to get four out of ten post being ads, I've probably got a few hundred advertisers blocked and rarely see ads anymore. Maybe I enjoy pissing off libretards too much to leave... 🤣🤣🤣

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I don't buy or deal with any business that requires going on facebook to interact. I resent any business that thinks I should support thT crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cvmw
This ^^

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,545
Posts18,472,934
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.